Who loves Math?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bad with Algebra and equations :(

I don't "love" math, but I am very good at it. :)

math is probably the coolest thing in the universe

unfortunately, i'm not very good at it.

I love math and I planning to be a teacher.

Then you will need to major in education, with perhaps a minor in math. A bachelor degree in math will qualify you only to subsitute teach, and it is not a given that you will get to substitute in the math dept. If you want to teach math at the college level, then you will need no less than a master degree to teach math at a community college level, and a PhD to teach math at a 4 year university.

practice makes perfect.
that saying only applies to very few things in life, like physical activities. when learning to juggle or yoyo or play soccer, practice makes perfect.

when learning about fractals and hyperbolic functions, you can recite the answers all day long and still never come close to understanding it.

I love math. One of my majors that i going into for college. I am looking for people that are math lovers.

I am a mathematician :) I have a bachelor's degree on that

1 + 1 = 2 ...Nope. :lol:

Yeah! And I wish someone could explain to me why any number to the power of zero equals 1. The only explanation I have ever been able to get is "Because it is.":rifle:

no it doesn't.

practice doesn't explain why (6.77^e^4/3π)^0 = 1

I love math and I planning to be a teacher.

If you get teaching license and you love math, please contact me after you complete your degree and cannot find job anywhere in school.

It might require you to move to Minneapolis, MN. Please consider work for me. 4 years from now.

Yeah! And I wish someone could explain to me why any number to the power of zero equals 1. The only explanation I have ever been able to get is "Because it is.":rifle:
Here's the best explanation I can give you...

Basically, whatever number is given in exponent can be viewed as fractions.

2 ^ 4 = 16

( 2 ^ 5 ) / ( 2 ^ 1 ) = 32 / 2 = 16

2 ^ ( 5 - 1 ) = 2 ^ ( 4 ) = 16

So, let's try 0.

2 ^ 0 = 1

( 2 ^ 3 ) / ( 2 ^ 3 ) = 8 / 8 = 1

2 ^ ( 3 - 3 ) = 2 ^ ( 0 ) = 1

That make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back