Who got snow?

We had ice freeze rain this morning and I fell on my ass on the way to the bus stop, my whole back pant was soak in a pile of wet snow. :|

Went to work around noon when it was not snowing, then came back home doing 20mph in a 50mph zone without being able to see the lines on the road and feeling the car wanting to go off the road if I got too close to the edge.

I had to back up and burn rubber to get over the sidewalk into parking behind my home, then my dad said to be careful not to burn the transmission.

We got a lot of snow here...and more snow coming on the way tomorrow evening. The storm will bring high winds, heavy snowfall on Saturday evening and night and freezing rain or plain rain on Sunday midday depending how strong the storm pushes in with warm moisture.

it's still snowing here -- with snow expected to continue for the remainder of the weekend. *sigh*

(did i mention that i wish i were in arizona or the bahamas right now?)

We had ice freeze rain this morning and I fell on my ass on the way to the bus stop, my whole back pant was soak in a pile of wet snow. :|

cheri,

just a tip for walking on snow and ice...walk with your knees slightly bent and your gait slightly forward. this will help give you traction while walking. if you do fall, try to brace yourself by immediately bending your knees, falling to the ground and landing on your side instead of your back (although i know that's easier said than done). you may end up dislocating a shoulder this way, but that can easily be remedied compared to back pain and/or surgery. i was taught this technique many years ago by one of my o&m (indoor and outdoor travel for the blind) instructors. i also like to wear ice treads on the bottom of my shoes or boots to give me added stability.

Here, been seeing some snow fall since last night.. seems the snow right now has been tampering off a bit more... I would say maybe 2 to 5 cms or less so far today... lucky I dont have to shovel more ....

Here have snow storm last nite and just a while ago I managed to use my snowblower to clear my driveway. there will be more snow tmw. :sigh:

This was this morning....BRRRRR!

Here are the official lows from Saturday morning: (* means unofficial station)

Arlington: -6
Lake Stevens: -2*
Sedro-Woolley: -1*
Marysville: 3*
Olympia: 7
Friday Harbor: 8
Oak Harbor: 8
Woodinville: 8*
Mount Vernon: 9
Everett: 10
Tacoma: 10
Bellingham: 12
Seattle: 14
North Bend: 14
Renton: 15
Shelton: 15

It's currently 23 degrees here as of 2:17 pm.

This was this morning....BRRRRR!

Here are the official lows from Saturday morning: (* means unofficial station)

Arlington: -6
Lake Stevens: -2*
Sedro-Woolley: -1*
Marysville: 3*
Olympia: 7
Friday Harbor: 8
Oak Harbor: 8
Woodinville: 8*
Mount Vernon: 9
Everett: 10
Tacoma: 10
Bellingham: 12
Seattle: 14
North Bend: 14
Renton: 15
Shelton: 15

It's currently 23 degrees here as of 2:17 pm.

Hey...don't forget us people down here on the coast! :lol:

It was 26 degrees this morning and is currently 33 degrees--snowing! Been snowing since 11am and have already have received 2.5 inches.

Hey...don't forget us people down here on the coast! :lol:

It was 26 degrees this morning and is currently 33 degrees--snowing! Been snowing since 11am and have already have received 2.5 inches.

Haha! It's about 22 degrees currently and snowing heavily with at least 5 inches of snow on the ground and piling up...it's windy also.

2feet of water on the ground here lol
and more coming over nite and tomorrow
let it snow let it snow

It is snowing hard here. Wondering if there is a school close for my son so I dont have to go get him tonite.

I want snow..and not this crap of dusting to an inch that we get. If it's going to be this dang cold it needs to have a reason..bring on the snow! I hate the cold can't wait for spring

This is the national map of the snow cover with how much on the ground. :)
2xus_snow.gif

Back