Which FM system do you have?

Hello,

Thank you. I already contacted the Deaf Center, so I'll see what answers I'll get back from them.

I think it's worth trying things out before purchasing. I forgot that I can appeal a decision with VR. I worry about one thing. If a consumer moves out of state, and you want to keep your technologies, can you still keep them?

If a consumer moves out of state, and you want to keep your technologies, can you still keep them?

ClearSky,

This would be a good question to ask your VR counselor since this may vary from state to state.

Jenny,
It seems like our hearing may be similar, at least pure tone levels. So what does your FM provide you? I've tried it (Zoomlink) and can't seem to get any added benefit to make it worth the "hassle" of wearing the MLX receivers on my Naidas.

Ellen

Sorry I ignored this thread for a while!

I use a neckloop, so not really any hassle involved with receivers. Anyway, it helps me a little bit with some sounds. In some of my classes abstract sounds are presented and it helps to hear those. I don't have any speech discrim though, so it doesn't help me with speech. I use ASL interpreters for school anyway so it doesn't matter.

Sorry I ignored this thread for a while!

I use a neckloop, so not really any hassle involved with receivers. Anyway, it helps me a little bit with some sounds. In some of my classes abstract sounds are presented and it helps to hear those. I don't have any speech discrim though, so it doesn't help me with speech. I use ASL interpreters for school anyway so it doesn't matter.

JennyB,

Out of curiosity, what FM system brand do you use? Also, do you find that sound tends to drift in and out when using a neckloop? (This has been my experience.)

JennyB,

Out of curiosity, what FM system brand do you use? Also, do you find that sound tends to drift in and out when using a neckloop? (This has been my experience.)

I have a Phonak ZoomLink, and I also have EasyLink but I don't use it anymore.

Umm...as for the neckloop, I don't know if it drifts in and out. If it does I may just assume the person is speaking quieter or stopped speaking...maybe it does fade in and out though hahaha

Back