Which do you prefer for US travel? Airplane, bus, or Amtrak?

flying. it's quick and efficient. train would be fun but it's too costly here, much more expensive then flying and more time consuming. i enjoy driving though and find myself very bored on pub transportation

flying. it's quick and efficient. train would be fun but it's too costly here, much more expensive then flying and more time consuming. i enjoy driving though and find myself very bored on pub transportation

Taking the Amtrak is cheaper here than flying, presumably because Chicago is the train capital of the US?

It depends on where you are going really and what is at the destination.

Going to the grocery store? Cars hands down

Going over 2000 miles in 1 day? Plane hands down

I know it sounds crazy but I have family about 450 miles away and I'd rather drive than fly because I can go anytime I want to and I'm not at the mercy of the airport.

It depends on where you are going really and what is at the destination.

Going to the grocery store? Cars hands down

Going over 2000 miles in 1 day? Plane hands down

I know it sounds crazy but I have family about 450 miles away and I'd rather drive than fly because I can go anytime I want to and I'm not at the mercy of the airport.

That's what, nearly a 5-hr drive? Unless my math is wrong?

Actually thats a 8 hour drive. Even though flying takes 7 hours I'd still rather be in the car because I can carry whatever I need and don't have to worry about TSA.

Actually thats a 8 hour drive. Even though flying takes 7 hours I'd still rather be in the car because I can carry whatever I need and don't have to worry about TSA.

Yikes! It's true, though-- no worrying about being poked and prodded by them TSA people, and their getting their paws on your iPad or iPhone and taking off with it.

Wirelessly posted

Drive. I do not like flying. I absolutely hate buses, they stink and stop too many times before reaching to your destination. Never road on Amtrak. May give it a shot one day. Right now, I much prefer to drive.

I enjoyed Amtrak travel in a sleeper on a long distance train a few times, the privacy and your own sleeping room is more enjoyable with the meals complimentary.

It depends on my vacation schedule, if I have a longer vacation.. I could look for Amtrak or long drive as a choice... if it's a short week, I can fly. I'm flexible with whichever I want to travel with. :)

I enjoyed Amtrak travel in a sleeper on a long distance train a few times, the privacy and your own sleeping room is more enjoyable with the meals complimentary.

It depends on my vacation schedule, if I have a longer vacation.. I could look for Amtrak or long drive as a choice... if it's a short week, I can fly. I'm flexible with whichever I want to travel with. :)

Amtrak is basically the only way for me to get around comfortably-- no buses, Megabus or not. I'll shell out $50 for a seat on the train than wait 8-12 hours to eat.

I hate hate hate flying because it gives me vertigo but it's fastest.... I fly sparingly. I like trains when possible.

Back