Which do you prefer for US travel? Airplane, bus, or Amtrak?

Yeah but you're talking about making people that have no disability move, it's sti abusing it.

And pssst you didn't see rechargeable hearing aids for sale at CVS :roll:

yup. I scolded my deaf friend about that. The only people who should park in HC spot is the one with:

(from NYC HC law)
-have limited or no use of one or both legs;
-have a neuro-muscular dysfunction which severely limits mobility;
-have another physical or mental disability which makes the use of public transportation difficult; or
-be legally blind. :ugh:

Yeah but you're talking about making people that have no disability move, it's sti abusing it.

:
Actually, no. The CTA is becoming more stringent with who can sit in the seats specifically reserved for people with disabilities, and the Metra does have a rule that says if I ask to sit in the section reserved for the disabled, that person must give up his or her seat, so no, I'm not abusing it at all-- merely following the rules onboard the train or bus. There are signs above the seats that clearly state if I request a seat, that person must gie it up.

:
Actually, no. The CTA is becoming more stringent with who can sit in the seats specifically reserved for people with disabilities, and the Metra does have a rule that says if I ask to sit in the section reserved for the disabled, that person must give up his or her seat, so no, I'm not abusing it at all-- merely following the rules onboard the train or bus. There are signs above the seats that clearly state if I request a seat, that person must gie it up.

yes we know what the law says but why do you want to do it?

if there is a normal person sitting on seats reserved for people with disabilities, would you ask him to get off?

:
Actually, no. The CTA is becoming more stringent with who can sit in the seats specifically reserved for people with disabilities, and the Metra does have a rule that says if I ask to sit in the section reserved for the disabled, that person must give up his or her seat, so no, I'm not abusing it at all-- merely following the rules onboard the train or bus. There are signs above the seats that clearly state if I request a seat, that person must give it up, per IL law, but let me double check that part.

As for rechargeable hearing aides at CVS? Yeah I saw them there.

yes we know what the law says but why do you want to do it?

if there is a normal person sitting on seats reserved for people with disabilities, would you ask him to get off?

I don't always do it; only if my knees are in bad shape OR if I have luggage with me, and I need to stay close to it, because they don't want people leaving their luggage unattended, so I gotta stay close to it. Otherwise I sit anywhere else in the bus, or train.

:
Actually, no. The CTA is becoming more stringent with who can sit in the seats specifically reserved for people with disabilities, and the Metra does have a rule that says if I ask to sit in the section reserved for the disabled, that person must give up his or her seat, so no, I'm not abusing it at all-- merely following the rules onboard the train or bus. There are signs above the seats that clearly state if I request a seat, that person must give it up, per IL law, but let me double check that part.

As for rechargeable hearing aides at CVS? Yeah I saw them there.

You're missing the point. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

And no you didn't a) there's no such thing as rechargeable hearing aids *it was a joke* b) even if there such a thing...CVS doesn't sell hearing aids.

You're missing the point. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

And no you didn't a) there's no such thing as rechargeable hearing aids *it was a joke* b) even if there such a thing...CVS doesn't sell hearing aids.

I'll prove it. I'll snap a photo of it and post it here. I'm telling you I saw it. And FYI, no, I don't always request someone to move-- only in extreme situations, such as my knees really hurting or if I have luggage with me.

I'll prove it. I'll snap a photo of it and post it here. I'm telling you I saw it. And FYI, no, I don't always request someone to move-- only in extreme situations, such as my knees really hurting or if I have luggage with me.

so is everybody else.

well, my husband is a former Marine whose knees are shot from his years serving this country. They hurt constantly so I will tell him to order people out of those seats so he can sit. After all, he did protect this country.

Check Siemen's Pure models. Yes they are rechargeable.

Interesting....but do they sell them at CVS? ;)

No idea, but they do sell rebranded variety of these aids at Sam's and Costco, so it probably is within the realm of possibility.

Since I'm bored out of mind I googled it. Found it is a ummmm god I don't even want to call the piece of junk a hearing aid, but it is one, a $109....that you insert the battery and turn on. Doesn't say anything about being rechargeable though. Reading some more, it's not a hearing aid, they just make it look like one....which I guess is why it's not calling itself a hearing aid, but a sound enhancement device.

Hmm. Time to take a trip downtown tomorrow to put this to rest for once and all. I'm not trying to be mad or anything, but I swear I saw it, and I'm willing to go out into the bitter cold of Chicago just to end this discussion for once and all..... peacefully.

Hmm. Time to take a trip downtown tomorrow to put this to rest for once and all. I'm not trying to be mad or anything, but I swear I saw it, and I'm willing to go out into the bitter cold of Chicago just to end this discussion for once and all..... peacefully.

Why? All you have to do is go on CVS website and search their products........and they stopped selling those songbird sound enhancement devices in 2012. But whatever blows your dress up man.

Why? All you have to do is go on CVS website and search their products........and they stopped selling those songbird sound enhancement devices in 2012. But whatever blows your dress up man.

That's what I just did, and it's not showing up, so I have to go see if it's still there or not. If it is, I'll take a photo.

Back