What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there wiener/hot dog brands that are "low fat"? Also those made with chicken or Turkey.

Yes , but they don't really taste very good. Hebrew National is all good quality beef.

Chicken soup.

One large Campbell family chicken soup can with one can of water.
Chopped celery.
Lots of chopped green onions.
Add extra chicken meat that was boiled away from leftover rotisserie chicken the night before.
When it gets to a low boil add three eggs without breaking the yolk. Egg white goes first and then the yolk.
And in 10 minutes or so, it's ready to serve.

It was cold and rainy tonight, a good hearty chicken soup with crackers hit the spot tonight for me and my kids.

Botti, I love it - "lurking stealthily" :D
Hebrew National is one of my dad's favorites.

tonight...:hmm:hubby probably wants pizza and I can make a salad which he will very reluctantly eat.

for me, I have some leftover wild rice and lentil soup. I'll probably add some other things to that to make a meal.

Hebrew National are the best supermarket hotdogs, but if you want really damn good hotdogs, go to a healthfood store or Trader Joe's. Neiman Ranch and Applegate Farms hotdogs are both a cut above. It's important to spend extra on good quality hotdogs. The supermarket junk is full nasty stuff, not to mention the nitrates. Anything that says "uncured" is probably going to taste excellent.

I am making a buttermilk dip with carrots and ridged Kettle Chips for a NYE gathering. Last night I made pizza.

New Years dance-roast beef dinner. Got hours to "dance" it off!

We had 2 stores selling them, and now, they don't.

Too bad. Sam's does sell them.

Tonight, a small group of us is hiking to Burger King, in the warm Iowa winter, and then later we will eat beef corn dogs with lots of different pastries. :)

I like on tastes chicken pretty good sound awesome :P my clients good!

for our household I buy the Applegate Farms turkey dogs and also turkey bacon.

actually I ended up having the soup for lunch and then hubby and I went out for an early, un-planned dinner. I was at the shelter much of the day and had sad news there and didn't feel like making stuff later.
so at the restuarant, hubby had a big burger with lots of toppings and fries, and soup.

I had baked tilapia with double helping of broccoli as opposed to potato or rice for side, and Greek salad.

Tonight I am going to eat Jimmy Dean turkey sausage (precooked), one egg omelet, toast, and orange juice.

I will be making corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots for dinner. Our typical New Year's Day dinner.

we just tried those Jimmy Dean turkey sausages and liked them. Sometimes hubby and I go to Woodman's to get certain things for which they have very good prices vs. my co-op and last time we went we saw that they had that sausage and so decided to try it. I'd never seen it before. Usually for hubby I get the Jones "lite" or turkey sausage.

we just tried those Jimmy Dean turkey sausages and liked them. Sometimes hubby and I go to Woodman's to get certain things for which they have very good prices vs. my co-op and last time we went we saw that they had that sausage and so decided to try it. I'd never seen it before. Usually for hubby I get the Jones "lite" or turkey sausage.

Jimmy Dean comes in individual serving sealed packs of two. Often that is my criteria for buying food.

It's easier now than when I was a kid. But my stepmother also used to get me kids tv dinners back then. Although this may belong in that other thread...

:wave: perhaps...a "favorite tv dinner thread"?

I noticed that the packaging matched the serving size...

:wave: perhaps...a "favorite tv dinner thread"?

I noticed that the packaging matched the serving size...

:lol: Or "Eating habits of very eccentric people" thread?

(But I don't want to end like Matajan. I try to fit in! _

hey, that could be a book - The Seven Eating Habits of.... Highly Effective People-
who could also be Eccentric

..of Eccentric and Effective People.....

I think you're fine the way you are:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back