What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having lentil soup with sausage, salad and milk tonight.

I was too tired to cook. Daughter heated up a can of Chef-Boy-R-Dee Beef Ravioli and we split it. Mother had PB&J, son had Ramen noodles and hubby went to class and had a Christmas party.

Salad with grilled chicken breast, strawberries, grapes, and melon, and French Silk pie.

Tacos!! Yummmmm....

Simple. Easy to make. The whole family gets a nice nutritious meal to eat.

Nawt much.... Tuna fish sandwiches and a bowl of chunky soup.

I had a giant cheeseburger covered in Guacamole and green chiles. :)

Boiled first angel hair w/ calcium, vit-d n' fiber, then added butternut squash pasta sauce over melted pumpkin spice butter toasts.

Butterfly pork chops with a cream sauce with onions and mushrooms.

Macaroni and cheese, and chicken stew with a biscuit.

I'm still eating Christmas dinner left overs. My daughter made some great dishes. Stuffed tomatoes, brussels sprouts in a very tasty sauce, and an apple cranberry dessert. Anyway, I ate my dinner, took a serving of the apple dessert, put a large spoonful of whip cream on it. I then proceeded to take a large bite. What a shock, I had put whip cream on the stuff tomatoes. Not a good combo. Didn't feel like "real"dessert after that!!!

Son cooked tonight. I had eye of round thin cut beef steak with sauteed onions and mushrooms. I also had some white rice. They had mixed vegetable left from Christmas dinner, I chose not to. Then, I had the last slice of apple pie from Christmas dinner.

Wild turkey and dumpling soup with venison burgers and chili lime aioli.

While the family was here we were given the hindquarters of a wild turkey. Most hunters here throw them away. My friend can't filet the breasts himself (he has only one arm) so he brought them to us. Mind you this guy does almost everything else and is evidently a dead on shot! In exchange for dressing his turkey out he gave me the neck, thighs and legs. I am pressure cooking them today and we will have wild turkey and dumplings. It will be very tasty. I think I may add a bit of carrot, celery and onion to develop the flavor. We were also given some ground venison. Today I mixed it with sour cream, jalapeno, onion and cumin. We will put the cooked patties, and maybe melted pepper jack on homestyle rolls and spread them with the aioli and maybe a bit of avocado.

Now what to do with the remainder of the cranberry chutney? It was really good but there is about 3/4 of a cup remaining. It has cilantro, onion, orange and ground raw cranberries.

Cooking a Homemade Soup with all the left over veggies and the last Ham Bone....it smells so good!...Gonna have grilled cheese sandwiches with it also and a glass of milk.

We are going to make wraps, with turkey, ham, Swiss cheese, tomato, green onion, cucumber, carrot matchsticks, and cranberry/wasabi sauce.

Orange juice to drink.

Taco! I probably will have a taco salad with glass of water.

What I put in my taco salad

meat mixture of course
shredded cheese
lettuce
olives
spanish rice (just a little)
salsa
crumble tortilla chips
Catalina dressing

For my hubby and boys
They would go for taco
boys just cheese and olives on theirs

Hubby would just put cheese, olives, lettuce, sour cream, taco sauce that's about it.

I don't like sour cream unless mix with something.

Simple dinner :)

i have italian salad. brown rice, fresh veggie, plain chicken breast olive oil.

Marinated boneless pork loin chops, whole wheat pasta shells and beets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back