What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm another one still finishing up the Christmas dinner leftovers. Tonight was our last full repeat of Christmas: slices of turkey breast (we still have plenty of turkey to go), sweet potato casserole (sweet potato, brown sugar, butter, ginger, cinnamon, pecans on top), brussels sprouts sauted with bacon and onion, and my famous cranberry salad (ground fresh cranberries, oranges, apples, and walnuts in lemon Jello. Yes, this recipe does date from the '50's - is the lemon Jello a dead giveaway? ;-) )

The only thing I have left now from Christmas Dinner, is the ham bone and I will be using it on Friday for a pot of 15 bean soup.

Having a dish called Bo Kho, its a beef and tendon stew and soo yummy

Mine was ordered-out pizza last night, tonight ??

I want to know that recipe for 15 bean soup too! :)

Ooh, care to share the recipe for that? Sounds good!

I cheated, I bought a bag of 15-bean soup mix from WalMart, added the ham bone, coarsely chopped onion, smashed and peeled garlic (3 cloves) and right before serving, I added 2 cans of tomatoes with okra.

Only problem, I forgot to get it turned on, so we will have to for Friday night dinner. It's already in the crock-pot Except for the water.

Tonight, since I messed up, we are having breakfast for dinner. Gimme Lean brand soy sausage slices, strawberry pancakes and scrambled egg beaters.

Veggie Breakfast-Gimme Lean Sausage|Lightlife

String bean chicken breast, and mixed Chinese vegetables, brought by my daughter from a restaurant.

Simple dinner for tonite -- hotdogs with chili and cheese. Not in the oven (chili dogs) just .. regular :) (We are out of hotdog buns so it's just hotdogs and chili and cheese! :lol: )

From other thread question_ no I didn't eat gorilla meat or have gorilla grape juice. Left over turkey breast, green beans and potatoes and last piece of apple pie. Courtesy my daughter-in- law.

@ Tahoe - we love taco salads too. We use fritos and three kinds of dried beans. For example, we use pinto, kidney and black beans, drained and rinsed. That is a very nutritious salad.

Fresh corn and polenta patties with salsa, simple steamed broccoli and tea.

Inari rolls, wakame, calamari pickle and butterhead lettuce salad with pineapple drink.

Tonight I had a Hebrew National hotdog in a wrap with chopped tomato and green onion. A lettuce salad with ranch dressing, Lays BBQ potato chips, and calcium fortified Minute Maid orange juice.

Late snack a cup of Swiss Miss hot chocolate.

Botti - that sounds soo good. I think thats what I am doing tomorrow. We found some very low fat hot dogs and whole wheat buns. Sure hope that it is good.

Botti - that sounds soo good. I think thats what I am doing tomorrow. We found some very low fat hot dogs and whole wheat buns. Sure hope that it is good.

Bet it will be. Hebrew National has ones with green color in the wrapper that I believe is no fat.

Isn't there wiener/hot dog brands that are "low fat"? Also those made with chicken or Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back