What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken noodle soup, blueberry/pomegranate yogurt, part of a giant cookie my husband baked for me for Valentine's day, and decaf Diet Coke.

TWA, that sounds great. I did not think of baking the chilis. Do you use an egg wash or a batter?
Frijoles negro y arroz is muy delicioso. Do you use caldo and spices?
So you got to use your new press for the tortillas de maiz?
Bet is was great.

I saw my first ever captioned movie today. It was only the Little Fockers. Not the best movie, but if we want captions we get no choice. It was fun. I went with two other deaf ladies and one brought her hearing boyfriend and of course, my husband was there. So, tonight my dinner was movie popcorn and soda. We all went for ice cream after. It was not nutritious but it was fun!

Awesome on the captioned movie! I remember the first time I saw a captioned movie in the theater. It was a silly movie, but just to be able to have the movie theater experience was awesome.

The rellanos: Nope, I don't do the batter. Personally, I don't like it. I think it takes away from the flavor of the Poblano, which after baking has a very delicious and delicate flavor that can easily be hidden by a soggy batter. Instead, I make a sauce of tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, diced onions and jalapenos, LOTS of cilantro, cumin, and ancho powder for flavor. Squeeze about half a lime's juice in and simmer for about a half hour, until it thickens a little.

I stuff the Poblano peppers with jack and cojia cheese, then cover with the sauce in a baking dish, sprinkle more cheese all over the top and bake at 350 until the skin is tender. About 45 minutes to an hour. I guess these aren't real rellanos, but they're still delicious.

Yes, I make my rice with pollo y tomate caldo and about half a can of El Pato salsa. I brown the raw rice in the saucepan for about 10 minutes first. It ain't real Mexican arroz without!

The tortilla press has been great, but it's a little uneven. I get tortilla that are thicker on one side than the other. I need to see if I can hammer it into a more even press surface. Still great though. I love being able to make yellow corn tortillas!

Chicken breasts, roasted potatoes and green beans. We will also have a slice of fresh, home baked pepperoni bread.

Some seasoned flank steak that was on sale at Sam's, mashed potatoes, yogurt Greek variety, I don't actually know what is different but will find out when we open it. Orange juice.

Baked ham sandwiches w/lettuce,tomato, onion & cheese, along with chips....was out all day and too tired to fix a better dinner. But we enjoyed it, neverless!....Now making a home-made soup on the stove with the Ham bone...it's got everything imaginable in it, so we should have that tomorrow night, since the boys will be home late due to a Tennis game.

Kristina B and I had a similar supper. I roasted potato chunks in olive oil, marinated small chicken breasts in light ranch and rolled them in corn flake crumbs. I baked them in the oven with the potatoes. I then micro steamed some plain brussells sprouts. It was really good.

WTA, thank you for the recipe. It does sound good. We do like ours with an egg wash. I think yours seems healthier.
Now that you have your press try grinding your own cornmeal. Choose your favorite popcorn (yes that is correct) and use your blender to grind a bit. Blue is so good. Of course use only plain, unseasoned corn.

We brown the rice too. Instead of canned sauce we use Buffalo sauce and the same caldo. Now we need to teach you to enjoy Conchitas. It is like Mexican goulash. We have it often. Here is a link to a good recipe, but add two chilies such as serrano.

http://www.cooking.com/recipes-and-...little-shells-in-Spanish-recipe-10000919.aspx

Too tired from everything - will be an easy ground beef throw-together.

soy yogurt, oatmeal and salad was what I was in the mood for. Just got back from working out and wanted something kinda fast <salad already made and dog training soon> and with complex carbs and protein.

I can tell you my experience with Greek yogurt <hubby and I both like though I can't really have any> but perhaps you want a surprise-

I tried Greek yogurt and didn't like it. Maybe it was the brand, but now I am afraid to try again.

I fixed dinner and ate a little. I was just too upset to eat much and then, had a bad experience that hurt my feelings too much and I had to leave the room.

I hated Greek yogurt! It now belongs to my husband and I got some Activia today.

Tonight french dip sandwiches and apple raspberry juice.

ahh, well - at least you tried it.
My mom likes the Activia.

Oh this pregnancy makes me crave pickled food!

Hubby has to get jars of olives and saukeraut for me because I just inhale those!

It's odd now that I don't eat a lot of sweets considering I have a sweet tooth! Hubby would offer me some sweets and I'd say no no no and ask for salty food instead.

Yes yes yes.. I drink lots of water!!!

I love pickles and olives!

I remember learning about how pregnancy can cause various types of cravings, some of which can get pretty interesting. Don't know if my mom had any cravings with me:hmm:

well - cravings, right now I'm craving a cup of hot coffee - don't know really why - it's actually supposed to be in the 60's <!> today:shock:

I'm thinking for tonight Mexican...rice with the chicken and cheese.

Ohhhh pickles!

I have a particular flavour of pickles, you see. It has to be half-sour.

Before pregnancy, I'd take ANY kind.. you name it.. I'd eat it.

Now it has to be half-sour. I miss going to Farmer's Market in my hometown of Kitchener, ON because you'd find people munching on pickles on a stick even at 5 am! They were humongous pickles for only a dollar! None of those teeny weeny gherkins.. those were killer-diller pickles.. perfect for sandwiches and just munching away.

*sighs* A trip to Kitchener beckons me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back