What your favorite state when you visit?

My number one favorite State is...

Evergreen State (aka Washington State).

Number two is Oregon.

I haven't visited Alaska yet but I'm sure it'll become my number either two or three favorite State.

Runner-up (top 5)favorite is Maine and New Hampshire.

yeah, lot of lava tubes everywhere in Big Island. I'm not scare of them. My sister's house was sited on the lava surface (in Puna district) that means she cant have gas or water lines underground. Handsome and densest jungle landscape and some big lava tubes. I never go in the lava tube. I dont know why. Have you been swim in a large lava tube , called "Queen Bath" in south point of the Big Island? I last swam there was in 1980. I cant find it last 2 year ago. I try it again later.

Wait a minute...you cannot swim in a lava tube, haha. They're searing HOT! It's just molten rock running thru a tube underground.

I'm really bad want to visiting Maui cuz I only want to touch the grave (tombstone?) of a famed aviator, Charles Lindbergh. I learned it from my wife that she mentioned me about it. I will go there for sure with my wife and family members ( we are discussing to rent a house there).

oooh!! MAUI!!! good memories!!!! 10 fun packed filled days!! maui mardi gras, the hana drive experience, haleakala mountion sunset, almost daily food cruises, molokini island scuba diving, fresh pineapples, macadamia nut plantion tours, see huge turtles, whale watching, dolphins..... sigh !!!! list can go on and on... best time and money ever spent!!!!

Wait a minute...you cannot swim in a lava tube, haha. They're searing HOT! It's just molten rock running thru a tube underground.
:lol:, I remember I dived into the freshwater, feel so cold water, and swam then dived deep to the bottom, can see lava rocks and big gap like earthquake fault. I feel guilty and paranoid that there might be erupt at anytime. My fun time in the pool was last about 15 minutes, there were no body around the pool
just my girlfriend (my wife) who sat on the lava rock, watched me in the pool.
This place was the best natural swimming pool ever I swam.

oooh!! MAUI!!! good memories!!!! 10 fun packed filled days!! maui mardi gras, the hana drive experience, haleakala mountion sunset, almost daily food cruises, molokini island scuba diving, fresh pineapples, macadamia nut plantion tours, see huge turtles, whale watching, dolphins..... sigh !!!! list can go on and on... best time and money ever spent!!!!

Maui mardi gras?? Are you kidding?

So far, here are the top four

1- Arizona, specifically the Mojave Desert. Still trying to convince my husband we need to retire there :) If you haven't seen the desert at sunset, you haven't lived, as far as I'm concerned

2- Maryland - specifically the Catoctin Mountain area. Dense forest, steep cliffs and rocky terrain make for a great hike and or climb.

3- Puerto Rico - granted, not technically a state, but the coastal area is simply breath-taking

4- Wyoming -- two words-- rock climbing :)

But the list is subject to change -- so far I've only lived in six and visited 40.

take care

Laura

:lol:, I remember I dived into the freshwater, feel so cold water, and swam then dived deep to the bottom, can see lava rocks and big gap like earthquake fault. I feel guilty and paranoid that there might be erupt at anytime. My fun time in the pool was last about 15 minutes, there were no body around the pool
just my girlfriend (my wife) who sat on the lava rock, watched me in the pool.
This place was the best natural swimming pool ever I swam.

Ohhhh, I think I get the picture now. A cooled lava tube that used as a tunnel where you swim thru. Must be one at the coast.

Ohhhh, I think I get the picture now. A cooled lava tube that used as a tunnel where you swim thru. Must be one at the coast.
:lol:, you miss the Queen's Bath. Sound like you guys rode in a Folsom bus and toured the volcanic island. Sad. :giggle:

I made additional to my post - Oregon and Washington.

I'm seriously consider to live in either of them after college, in Portland or Seattle, of course.

As British traveller.

I have been to

1. San francisco - it was okay, it was my first solo trip at the age of 19, I was nervous. Loved the golden bridge, Visited Petluma, pier 39 etc. Stayed in awesome pacific heights!
2. Los Angles - Loved the beach, went to Universal studios etc.
3. Boston - I went there in the autumn and it was so beautiful, and there were so much to see/learn/visit.
4. New York - Electronic city, so much to see, I was there 8 months after the fateful twin towers fell, there was alot of mixed feelings in the air, It was so sad, NY is probably my best and the most emotional trip. I had awesome time and I will be back because I haven't finished! While I was in New york I went to nigaria falls (stayed in Tornoto)... Wow, what can I say!!

There are real neat things I have seen and done in many states while visiting/living. I don't have most favorite other than I like warm weather

Western Wyoming and Southeastern Alaska. Along with a bunch more places I haven't been to or just passed by....

Back