What was the last movie you watched?

You were born during the next decade... so you had easy access to things that weren't as easy for me. Lucky you!

They did have captioning decoders that I could get earlier, but they were bigger and more costly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/deantobias/cc1.jpg

(This thing was HUGE and HEAVY.)

My parents were able to borrow one from a teacher in elementary school for a bit before returning it and then buying our own decoder.

http://images.shopgoodwill.com/105/10-24-2012/sa3857385919-T9.jpg

(This thing was SMALL and LIGHT.)

We had quite a few interesting experiences with this before they started including captioning in television a decade later. :)

Wow, I must be so young. I never knew that a captioning decoder exist until you mentioned it. Always thought that the regular CC was the first and last. Guess I learned something new. Good thing we live in 2012 right.

Wow, blast from the past! I remember when I was little (before the first CC decoder) I always reply on my family to tell me what's going on TV. When we got first CC decoder (first picture) I was exciting that I can actually watch shows but turned out there are really few shows with CC.

Thanks for nice flashback! :)

I know you don't mean the movie but Blast from the Past is great! I just add it to my must own list. I used to watch it over and over in a single row when it came out. Have you seen it? Like it or no?

I've seen on fear net why Dont no close cation only voice this madhouse (2005) Dark scerts about patients are reveats to a young psychciatatric intern as he starts work in mental health facility movie rate star star star little good

I've seen on fear net why Dont no close cation only voice this madhouse (2005) Dark scerts about patients are reveats to a young psychciatatric intern as he starts work in mental health facility movie rate star star star little good

Sucks you had to watch it without captions. Madhouse looks like my type of horror movie and I might check it out.

The Campaign - comedy so-so
The Amazing Spider-Man - not bad
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - weird - Abe, vampire hunter? Oh, come on!
Red Lights - not great but okay
The Expendables 2 - fun to watch
That's My Boy - good comedy
Magic Mike- not for me
The Raven- great suspense

Wow, I must be so young. I never knew that a captioning decoder exist until you mentioned it. Always thought that the regular CC was the first and last. Guess I learned something new. Good thing we live in 2012 right.
Yeah. Not all movies or television shows were captioned. (If they don't embed captions, then decoder won't work.) Did you know Wheel of Fortune was the first game show to be closed captioned?

Anyways, I finally watched Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter last night. Good movie. :)

Watched The Amazing Spider-man on BR with 3D. It's just okay - more like "meh" okay.

If I'm going to comparing with Amazing Spider-man and the Ramis' Spider-man - I would have picked Ramis version better.

However, Amazing Spider-man have "made it right" that Ramis's version made bit inaccurate character and storyline from comic version. As for an example:

- Web shooting - Ramis' version Spider-man (shorten to "SM") made it biological web shooting instead of mechanical one that comic book shown. The Amazing Spider-man (shorten to ASM) corrected it.

- Introducing Spider-man’s love interest – SM introduced Mary-Jane first. But in comic, Gwen Stacy was first and met MJ bit later. ASM corrected that part.

I don’t recall if Gwen already knew Peter Parker is Spider-man (and that I’m not familiar with that part in comic book). I cannot say anymore of this since it is very spoiler in future movies.

Anyways, I choose Ramis’ Spider-man because of story – it’s pretty good (SM 2 is my favorite) despite inaccurate SM’s character/storyline. The Amazing Spider-man is kind of boring and dragging down storyline. I’m glad they made it correct from Ramis’ version. As for storyline in ASM, they could have done little better than that.

Watched The Amazing Spider-man on BR with 3D. It's just okay - more like "meh" okay.

If I'm going to comparing with Amazing Spider-man and the Ramis' Spider-man - I would have picked Ramis version better.

However, Amazing Spider-man have "made it right" that Ramis's version made bit inaccurate character and storyline from comic version. As for an example:

- Web shooting - Ramis' version Spider-man (shorten to "SM") made it biological web shooting instead of mechanical one that comic book shown. The Amazing Spider-man (shorten to ASM) corrected it.

- Introducing Spider-man’s love interest – SM introduced Mary-Jane first. But in comic, Gwen Stacy was first and met MJ bit later. ASM corrected that part.

I don’t recall if Gwen already knew Peter Parker is Spider-man (and that I’m not familiar with that part in comic book). I cannot say anymore of this since it is very spoiler in future movies.

Anyways, I choose Ramis’ Spider-man because of story – it’s pretty good (SM 2 is my favorite) despite inaccurate SM’s character/storyline. The Amazing Spider-man is kind of boring and dragging down storyline. I’m glad they made it correct from Ramis’ version. As for storyline in ASM, they could have done little better than that.
Could the reason for it being less appealing be because of the character (Lizard)?

If Webb remade Raimi's first movie (with Green Goblin and mechanical webbing instead of biological webbing), would Webb's version be better than Raimi's?

Could the reason for it being less appealing be because of the character (Lizard)?

If Webb remade Raimi's first movie (with Green Goblin and mechanical webbing instead of biological webbing), would Webb's version be better than Raimi's?

Who knows.

If I wanted the first movie to change - it would be a large change:

Nemesis - change from Green Goblin to Chameleon
Love Interest - change from MJ to Gwen
Spider-man strength - change from mechanical webbing to biological webbing

And more... I just like to see them stick to the original story or characters. I really, really hate when they screwed up with any of super-hero's original especially Elektra (one of my favorite comic super-hero) and everyone in X-Men!

Oh, by the way... Saw Madagascar 3 (in 3D). Funny, but not as funny as previous movies.

You Are So Handsome (Je Vous Trouve Tres Beau) (2005)
Features Michel Blanc (Dead Tired - Which I own on VHS) and Medeea Marinescu (Weekend with my Mother) landing a totally opposite role here. Original, sweet, genuine and overall a fun French flick with a little light-hearted comedy.

Turn Me On, Dammit! (2012)
One of the few (actually the only) Norwegian teen (sex) comedies I've watched.
The female lead is new with no other films under her belt which is remarkable feat cause she's amazing here and really delivers the goods. Not for everyone but if you're obsessed with the overrated Juno, you'll love this.

"Freeway". What I like the most about this movie is dialogue and the Reese Witherspoon character is very funny in it. 5/5

Turn Me On, Dammit! (2012)
One of the few (actually the only) Norwegian teen (sex) comedies I've watched.
The female lead is new with no other films under her belt which is remarkable feat cause she's amazing here and really delivers the goods. Not for everyone but if you're obsessed with the overrated Juno, you'll love this.
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE...I am gonna watch it soon. Is it a foreign film with subtitles?

I haven't seen foreign films for a long time. I miss them, especially Italian ones.

Total Recall (2012) - IMDb

I was fascinated by its futuristic architectures. Great visual effects! The story itself is much different from the original one, I think. I have to watch the old one again, however the new one doesn't occur on Mars at all.

Empire Records. It's a fun movie and I enjoyed all the characters. It also has a lot of good songs in it.

Wirelessly posted

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
and Rain Man

Saw The Dark Knight Rises and MiB3 (in 3D). They both are okay. I also have Finding Nemo 3D that I plan to watch sometimes this weekend. I already saw it years ago and hated it (I even ranked it wayyy bottom along with Cars & Cars 2).

Total Recall (2012) - IMDb

I was fascinated by its futuristic architectures. Great visual effects! The story itself is much different from the original one, I think. I have to watch the old one again, however the new one doesn't occur on Mars at all.
I want to see that. I heard it's closer to the written story than the older movie.

Back