What was the last movie you watched?

I saw Dredd 3D today. It's short, nasty, violent, gruesome, violent, bloody and violent. Needless to say I liked it alot. It's not perfect - I don't think the 3D added anything to it, and the film could have done with a few more quid in the bank to up the budget - but at least it's put the memory of Sly Stallones version to bed!

in about two hours i going see latest james bond...i myself not that keen on danial craig i think his looks like baboons arse but women seem to fancy him,will let you know tonight if good film

in about two hours i going see latest james bond...i myself not that keen on danial craig i think his looks like baboons arse but women seem to fancy him,will let you know tonight if good film

lol baboons arse LOL never said that expression, now care to post a pic of that? :giggle:

james bond lastnight...danial craig face of baboon arse you going have look at that cos i dont know how to post pic,but in his deffence there are other bits of him most definatly not a baboons arse if fact close your eyes i say no more use imagination

Wirelessly posted

The Sting starring Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Saw it ages ago, when i was young - when it first came out in the movie cinemas but no captions. This is first time with captions. :)

Total Recall, but it arent as much fun as the original 1990's version with Arnie, you know what? i cracked up laughing when i saw the title screens' credits it said "Original Productions" LMAO i couldnt believe what i saw!! hilirious.
but,. that total recall remark isn't bad...fun to watch but it arent the same as the ORIGINAL production (pun intended LOL)...

B+

same...yes now i read it properly,,,yes indeed classics are much harder to find with subtitles...and you'd have more luck finding british tv comedies on dvds with captions then any america tv programmes from the 1970s'...
wierd but true. my guess is that america tv is pure junk...whereas british is wit...done believe me??

even the new english comedies are way better then americans...
(in TV)...american is 'situational comedies' its not story-comedies...

again see it for yourselves...

cheers! , oh i see you like Dr Who...lol i dont, I like Fringe (now thats a different genre were talking about here lol.....)
That's the main reason why I'm now renting them on DVD. Most of them are now captioned/subtitled. That's what I'm doing right now for the old Doctor Who series. (I'm currently on the First Doctor.) :)

I also recently watched 12 Angry Men (with Henry Fonda) subtitled. :)

That's the main reason why I'm now renting them on DVD. Most of them are now captioned/subtitled. That's what I'm doing right now for the old Doctor Who series. (I'm currently on the First Doctor.) :)

I also recently watched 12 Angry Men (with Henry Fonda) subtitled. :)

cool

I saw a lot of movies without captions when I was a kid. I didn't get my own closed captioning decoder until I was 14 or 15 years old. Yet, there were still a lot of movies out that that still didn't have captioning included. I also saw a lot of movies in theaters with my family (before they started doing open captioning).

Now, I'm slowly catching up on classics with subtitles/captions. :)

14/15? Dang! I've always used captions for as long as I can remember. I could never get used to or deal with watching movies without cc/subtitles.

same, i CANT watch a movie without captions , never!, it feels like 30 years backwards and horrible, i dont like the idea of guessing along steretypes its demoralising...yuck

Yeah, right. I don't want to have to guess what's being said or what's happening. Screw that, CC please!

14/15? Dang! I've always used captions for as long as I can remember. I could never get used to or deal with watching movies without cc/subtitles.
You were born during the next decade... so you had easy access to things that weren't as easy for me. Lucky you!

They did have captioning decoders that I could get earlier, but they were bigger and more costly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/deantobias/cc1.jpg

(This thing was HUGE and HEAVY.)

My parents were able to borrow one from a teacher in elementary school for a bit before returning it and then buying our own decoder.

http://images.shopgoodwill.com/105/10-24-2012/sa3857385919-T9.jpg

(This thing was SMALL and LIGHT.)

We had quite a few interesting experiences with this before they started including captioning in television a decade later. :)

I rented Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and am now waiting for my wife to watch it with me.

Here comes the waiting game. :roll: ;)

You were born during the next decade... so you had easy access to things that weren't as easy for me. Lucky you!

They did have captioning decoders that I could get earlier, but they were bigger and more costly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/deantobias/cc1.jpg

(This thing was HUGE and HEAVY.)

My parents were able to borrow one from a teacher in elementary school for a bit before returning it and then buying our own decoder.

http://images.shopgoodwill.com/105/10-24-2012/sa3857385919-T9.jpg

(This thing was SMALL and LIGHT.)

We had quite a few interesting experiences with this before they started including captioning in television a decade later. :)

Wow, blast from the past! I remember when I was little (before the first CC decoder) I always reply on my family to tell me what's going on TV. When we got first CC decoder (first picture) I was exciting that I can actually watch shows but turned out there are really few shows with CC.

Thanks for nice flashback! :)

she see lot all movie flim many millon video, I've cable with close caption l ike an top boy movie

Harold and Maude (The Criterion Collection) 1971
Received the bluray a few weeks ago. LOOKS amazing. Such a wonderful film.

La Haine (The Criterion Collection) 1995
Again, the video is breathtaking here. Criterion goes that extra distance to give fans some of the best transfers possible. Vincent Cassel, is one of my favorite actors so it's nice seeing one of his earlier roles. Dude is a beast.

Summer Interlude (The Criterion Collection) 1951
Despite the BR disc not really offer any additional material, the movie itself took me by surprise. So genuine and heartbreaking.

Reviews/BR Details:
Summer Interlude Blu-ray
La Haine Blu-ray
Harold and Maude Blu-ray

Back