What was the last movie you watched?

Wirelessly posted

Last movie I watched was The Hobbit. My fiancé went to see it for his birthday with a group of his friends. I really liked it, but I'm a huge Tolkien fan. That would have had to really messed it up for me not to like it, lol.

"Let The Right One In" was great.

The last movie I saw was Wreck-It Ralph, which was fabulous. I'm a gamer so I knew I'd probably like it, but I didn't expect to LOVE it. It was so much fun.

yeah! the Swede film, they did a superb job with settings and cinematopgraphic arts to bring out COLD, lifeless thematic which we'd associate with the Dead...-vampires...very clever i have the book also.
I did an essay on it got an A for it. one of the best 'amatuer-like films ive seen amoungs many fine indie films cropping up lately

glad another one like it...Cheers

now, whiskeyonesix, and Hotaru, you need to see "Headhunters" its from Norway, bloody good fun...i wont say anything, but definitely very entertaining, its very good

ah, other night i saw "extracted" not the flashiest sfx, but really good psychological film, really good.
for those who 'thinks' they are critics -dont watch it and pick off, just bloody watch it and consider, it as a style which director didnt choose to make it visual, but more as a sly cunning plot which made it a good story, talk about irony!!

Total Recall (2012) - IMDb

I was fascinated by its futuristic architectures. Great visual effects! The story itself is much different from the original one, I think. I have to watch the old one again, however the new one doesn't occur on Mars at all.

I want to see that. I heard it's closer to the written story than the older movie.

Okay, just finished the movie. Sorry, VamProX, it's not closer to the short story - the new movie is much closer to old Total Recall movie storyline. I do have Philip K. Dick's short story "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale." and read few pages. So far, it looks like it's much closer to old Total Recall, but I only read as far as Quail (not Quaid in movie) have made deal on memory with ReKall Corp.

I think the new Total Recall is just okay, it's not great "modified" story. I don't really like the idea of only two countries that are liveable (Europe and Colony) and the war. It's kind of weak storyline. I think they could do better if they included some sort of alien technology or alien technology on Mars like they did in old Total Recall.

I see nothing wrong with Let Me In. I actually like both movies equally. *SMH* Even if I like the original version better, Let Me In is still a good movie IMO.

Dredd, boring
good for dumb young people, but still really boring
i didnt say all young, only the dumb ones...

I watched the first 8 movies from Friday the 13th series. I kept my expectation low and it was actually really good series. I enjoyed every movie except 6th and 7th. I really want to like the seventh movie because it has Kane Hodder as Jason (I'm a fan of him) but I thought the movie was incredibly boring. But at least I like the seventh one which also has Kane Hodder.

I watched the first 8 movies from Friday the 13th series. I kept my expectation low and it was actually really good series. I enjoyed every movie except 6th and 7th. I really want to like the seventh movie because it has Kane Hodder as Jason (I'm a fan of him) but I thought the movie was incredibly boring. But at least I like the seventh one which also has Kane Hodder.

I was never a fan of the movies, but I really loved "Friday the 13th: The Series." Does anyone remember that TV show? It was only for three series but I really loved it.

Laura

I was never a fan of the movies, but I really loved "Friday the 13th: The Series." Does anyone remember that TV show? It was only for three series but I really loved it.

Laura
Yes, I saw a few episodes from the series.

There were a lot of good shows that I missed out on due to random things I had to deal with... meetings, work, etc.

After trying hard to catch these shows, I gave up and decided to just wait for them to be released on DVD.

So, I've been catching up on a lot of shows on DVD that I missed on television. The most recent was Battlestar Galactica (new series).

Now that you mention Friday the 13th, I guess I'll add that to my queue. :)

saw two great films last night, "Romantics Anonymous" and "Frankenweeine" the former one is French, a little linear but i liked the it how they added another story- about chocolates and business,very sweet (pun intended)... and the later is Tim Burton's lastest, a real Tim Burton film after a string of fails we've seen lately...this one is a lot of fun to watch good laughs and all...
both well recommended for hoilday watching!

Laura

That show always came on a channel called Chiller (I dont know about now though). Unfortunately for me none of the movies on there including the show has CC. No clue why but I really want to check it out.

I'm as straight as spaghetti until it's boiled. Hopefully he'll fall in love with me in the next lifetime :D

um never seen this expression before, straight as spaghetti untill its boiled...

tell me what that is!

straight of the bat, how i see it, stiff, clean straight, then comes trouble (hot water) then you're all wobbly, all over place. soft mushy, and tasty?

but how does that relate to fatal attraction (aside from being cooked)...lol

um never seen this expression before, straight as spaghetti untill its boiled...

tell me what that is!

straight of the bat, how i see it, stiff, clean straight, then comes trouble (hot water) then you're all wobbly, all over place. soft mushy, and tasty?

but how does that relate to fatal attraction (aside from being cooked)...lol

Lol, your assumption sounds hot but no. I may type the quote grammatically wrong but basically I'm saying I'm not straight.

Oh now ive learned something here.. so the underlying theme is straight / not straight, which is implied in the phrase...got it

'gone with the wind' saw it hour ago,and last words were not' my dear i dont give a dam'it was 'tomorrow is another day'

Back