What is Lent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of things that have been interpreted differently.

How can we be really sure which "Bible" is true?

Perhaps, none of them are? :Ohno:

Don't forget, the Bible was written by human hands. Yes, Divinely inspired hands but still human beings who make mistakes and then translated by other humans who also make mistakes. The only certainty we have is that we will find out when we get to Heaven the FULL truth.
:D:D

Don't forget, the Bible was written by human hands. Yes, Divinely inspired hands but still human beings who make mistakes and then translated by other humans who also make mistakes. The only certainty we have is that we will find out when we get to Heaven the FULL truth.

The Bible is God-Speakin'. God don't make mistakes. His Words are 100% accurate.

Agreed

They are saying that " A spirit in which nobody can't see." In your mind, God will tell you what you should do. Say he wants you to be Doctor so you went to college to get medical degree and became a doctor. It's like telling you that he has a job for you to do. Say for example, God told me to work with the poor. So I did and I was pleased with my work. I'm glad I did. Everybody is different with different opportunities. I hope this make sense.

It's not God who wrote the bible.

Yes, it's God's Words through the inspired of the Holy Spirit in His people ( authors - Peter, John, Luke, and etc. ) who wrote the Bible when it was first made. It was written in Hebrew, Greek and Aramic.. and, then later on it translated in English.

If, you don't believe that God wrote the Bible, then you don't believe in God as well. It have to be the same inside and out. Inward and outward.

Yes, it's God's Words through the inspired of the Holy Spirit in His people ( authors - Peter, John, Luke, and etc. ) who wrote the Bible when it was first made. It was written in Hebrew, Greek and Aramic.. and, then later on it translated in English.

If, you don't believe that God wrote the Bible, then you don't believe in God as well. It have to be the same inside and out. Inward and outward.

I know that the Bible is God's word. I accept that.

But even Having God inspire the Bible doesn't stop humans from making mistakes or having different opinions. If there were no mistakes and no different opinions, and in the case of the Gospels different groups needing different teachings, there would not be any different translations and only one Gospel to draw from. WE make mistakes.

Can I say that again? WE MAKE MISTAKES. God does not. God gave us free will and even when we listen to Him WE MAKE MISTAKES. If God had come down and taken over someone's body to write the Bible that would have stopped them having free will, the most important gift God gives us. And same with thr translators from the ancient to modern languages, if free will were taken out there would not be a the King James Bible vs the New Jerusalem Bible (etc.) translation. There would only be ONE translation.

Irony thing is christanity and catholic are against each other and they use SAME BIBLE !!!!! it is really funny if you stop and think for a moment.

Irony thing is christanity and catholic are against each other and they use SAME BIBLE !!!!! it is really funny if you stop and think for a moment.

It is answer NO! Catholic and Christianity aren't same BIBLE!! I read Catholic's Bible is vvveerryyy different. I trust James King Version Bible. Most of Christian use JKV and other depend Bible.

Catholics use KJV Bible also. Actually, we study many different versions of Bible to understand better the meaning. (New Jerusalem Bible, New Revised Standard Bible, New International Version, etc.)

Besides - doesn't matter what translation you have - it's still a translation. Unless you know Ancient Greek, Latin, Hebrew and Aramaic you will always be reading a particular person's translation. i.e. King James', Douay-Reims(another translation by two ppl named Douay and Reims), etc.

Catholics use KJV Bible also. Actually, we study many different versions of Bible to understand better the meaning. (New Jerusalem Bible, New Revised Standard Bible, New International Version, etc.)

Besides - doesn't matter what translation you have - it's still a translation. Unless you know Ancient Greek, Latin, Hebrew and Aramaic you will always be reading a particular person's translation. i.e. King James', Douay-Reims(another translation by two ppl named Douay and Reims), etc.

It doesn't made sense! Why Catholic tell priests and people do not touch KJV Bible? If they touch KJV Bible then will murder them!

Read this:

Are Catholics Christian? 10 Biblical Proofs That they are NOT

It is answer NO! Catholic and Christianity aren't same BIBLE!! I read Catholic's Bible is vvveerryyy different. I trust James King Version Bible. Most of Christian use JKV and other depend Bible.

Acutally it is King James Version (KJV) :)

Exactly. I dont understand why christianity is making so much fuss over which translation is correct. All are same except for translating words so that we can understand them in our language.

While we are at it, should we throw out ASL version of bible out of window because ASL verison is entirely different from KJV in term of different usage of words??

Exactly. I dont understand why christianity is making so much fuss over which translation is correct. All are same except for translating words so that we can understand them in our language.

While we are at it, should we throw out ASL version of bible out of window because ASL verison is entirely different from KJV in term of different usage of words??

You dont understand why Christianity are fuss because They are n't accepted Catholic is very different religion. Most of history Roman Catholic false doctrine and anti-Christ. If you study history about Roman Catholic then you will amaze that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back