• DSL

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • Cable

Votes: 71 60.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
x10oT said:
My connection speed test is showing 3.7mbps/3727 kbps using Road Runner Cable Modem (Toshiba Cable Modem)

That's pretty fast, there. I'm happy with what I have now. It's pretty fast enough, until they upgrade to faster speed later. It keeps going faster and faster as technology advances.

Its still under DSL category, there are two different kinds of DSL, ADSL is one of them, cant recall the other one. Its pretty much related to ability to have more than 1 phone numbers on single line.

Miss-Delectable said:
I have ADSL. It's different from DSL, no?

I forget the speed of my ADSL server! :aw:

I have Dial-up at home

In halls I have LAN (stands for Local Area Network) its really fast! I don't like using the internet at home cos its sooo slow! Im used to fast connection!

diehardbiker65 said:
Its still under DSL category, there are two different kinds of DSL, ADSL is one of them, cant recall the other one. Its pretty much related to ability to have more than 1 phone numbers on single line.

also in the future you might get SDSL that means several times faster than ADSL. i do not know when it ll be spreaded to homes. VDSL will come out too.

diehardbiker65 said:
FAST AND CHEAP solution to your PC problem... format and reinstall all anew then install anti spyware software.
Trust me, you will see big different and huge increase in speed

Thanks. I just did the restore disk two weeks ago. I did it again today though. It is on and working, just not when I try to update MSN. So as long as I use the old MSN and not the new one it works fine. I havn't done the spyware software yet though.
Thanks

Time Warner Roadrunner cable since 2001.

2005-04-29 18:11:30 EST: 4460 / 571
Your download speed : 4567789 bps, or 4460 kbps.
A 557.5 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 585665 bps, or 571 kbps.

I do have Comcast Cable since last month...I love it (really wanted Road Runner, but it is not available in Reading, PA area...dang!)

FYI really no difference between Comcast cable modem and Road runner. Both of them run exact same way. Just that its different company website that is all you can see.

I wish I can afford T-1 line!!! Much better than road runner, but the rate anywhere between 200 dollars to 2,500 dollars a month. It depends on how long the T-1 line needed to connect to your terminal from the company's switch.

Oddball said:
I do have Comcast Cable since last month...I love it (really wanted Road Runner, but it is not available in Reading, PA area...dang!)

2005-04-30 03:55:28 EST: 9234 / 921
Your download speed : 9456040 bps, or 9234 kbps.
A 1154.3 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 943544 bps, or 921 kbps.

I'm using Optimum Online (cable modem).

ADSL/Broadband... with iiNet - one of Australia's best ISP!

Alex said:
2005-04-30 03:55:28 EST: 9234 / 921
Your download speed : 9456040 bps, or 9234 kbps.
A 1154.3 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 943544 bps, or 921 kbps.

I'm using Optimum Online (cable modem).

:jaw: OMG! 9.2 MBPS?!! You're way ahead of me! :D

Alex, How come u got 9.2 Mbps?! How u do that??!! Did u speed up ur connection??

x10oT said:
Alex, How come u got 9.2 Mbps?! How u do that??!! Did u speed up ur connection??

To answer your question, I'm sure he's under business cable modem account, which he has higher speed than residental broadband. Remember, he runs the All Deaf web site, make sense to you? You need high speed to keep the site running fast as possible with no lag, and the traffic, also.

Oo Interesting.. Now I do understand why Alex is using business cable modem which has more speed than Residental Cable Modem to run alldeaf server.

Back