What does the Shutdown means to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin is in the army and he said that it means they will stop funding until they can agree on a budget.... and he won't get paid
He will get paid. Obama just signed it into the law before shutdown. You should read/watch news.

Do you realize what she just said? She was right on it, and don't forget she mentioned her cousin is in military and they should have credible answer.

What she means is that her cousin won't get money and didn't say permanently. Just stopped until they resolve stupid budget issue before getting more checks.

He will get paid. Obama just signed it into the law before shutdown. You should read/watch news.

Blaming others is what Obama does best. He's been blaming Bush from his first day in office, and after he leaves this mess, it'll somehow still be Bush's fault....
Before Obama becomes the Pres, many businesses went out of business and economy went down badly. Bush left the mess to him. You don't remember that fact? Obama is not the only one to blame Bush. Many people and I blame Bush as well.

My cousin is in the army and he said that it means they will stop funding until they can agree on a budget.... and he won't get paid

The military will continued to be paid. Obama would be kicked out to stop that funding. Our people overseas are dying for us, risking their lives, living without their families for days on in - at the very least, they should be paid. No one, Republican or Democrat, would dare to mess with the money for soldiers and their families...besides, their next election win depends on it.

Before Obama becomes the Pres, many businesses went out of business and economy went down badly. Bush left the mess to him. You don't remember that fact? Obama is not the only one to blame Bush. Many people and I blame Bush as well.

What you failed to mention was that the Democrats had the House and the Senate at the time. They voted to increase minimum wage - causing businesses to cut hours and benefits. Those hourly employees were earning more take home pay before the meddling done by the Democrats. Plus, they had benefits through their employers.

Now, as a result of what the Democratic party did, what they legislated and what they passed, businesses had to lay off people, and cut hours and benefits to survive. Hourly employees were getting overtime before all of this - now, the new full time is 27 hours with no benefits - and its BUSH's FAULT!!!!?????

GAWD!!!! I am so effing sick of this BULLSHIT!!!!

SHUT IT DOWN AND KEEP IT DOWN!!!!

It is easy to blame one person than blame on bunch of idiots in congress. Reality, the congress is ones to blame not president. Don't forget the balance of power, president can not fix economy directly. The truth is, president really don't have control over economy. It is Federal reserve bank Chairperson and Congress that controls economy.

Ha ha, when I clicked into some .gov website, websites even shutdown!! Holy crap...I understand that servers don't get paid so they decided to shutdown..yeah..right...

Do you realize what she just said? She was right on it, and don't forget she mentioned her cousin is in military and they should have credible answer.

What she means is that her cousin won't get money and didn't say permanently. Just stopped until they resolve stupid budget issue before getting more checks.

Obama blames Republican 'ideological crusade' for shutdown - CNN.com

Troops, congressional paychecks safe

Members of the military will also get paid -- thanks to Congress, which unanimously managed to come together to pass a bill that Obama signed.

What's more, I watched TV news saying that they will get paid. Period! It didn't say that the paychecks will stop.

Oh really? Howcome friend of mine in VA that works for DOD gets temporary lay off and isn't getting any paycheck. I just talked with him. Know what DOD is? Department of Defense!

Even though Obama did sign the measure, the issue is did he has the authority to do so? Read news carefully! His signature can be reversed if found that he don't have authority.

Obama blames Republican 'ideological crusade' for shutdown - CNN.com

What's more, I watched TV news saying that they will get paid. Period! It didn't say that the paychecks will stop.

I am all for the Feds who are making it next to impossible for working families to make ends meet to get a paycut. They have cut everything except their own personal take home pay.

The most obvious way to solve the budget woes is to increase taxes, only problem is these congress don't want to pay fair share of taxes, and not willing to agree to more taxes.

Its fact that poor people gets poorer while rich people enjoying more income and wealthy for themselves. Its just pure greed for them (Wealthy snobs).

I am all for the Feds who are making it next to impossible for working families to make ends meet to get a paycut. They have cut everything except their own personal take home pay.

Oh really? Howcome friend of mine in VA that works for DOD gets temporary lay off and isn't getting any paycheck. I just talked with him. Know what DOD is? Department of Defense!

Even though Obama did sign the measure, the issue is did he has the authority to do so? Read news carefully! His signature can be reversed if found that he don't have authority.
Troops! Is your friend a soldier? Kitkattime mentioned that her cousin is in the army, that means he/she is a soldier unless she needs to clarify it.

The bill was passed by Congress and Obama signed it in the last minute before shutdown. Paychecks for troops will continue.

I cant believe the people who are arguing and pointing fingers. They aren't the ones whose finances will be directly affected. All I care is that both parties just meet in the damn middle and find a compromise. Enough with the finger pointing and blaming games...that goes for the politicians and all Americans. It doesn't help at all.

I cant believe the people who are arguing and pointing fingers. They aren't the ones whose finances will be directly affected. All I care is that both parties just meet in the damn middle and find a compromise. Enough with the finger pointing and blaming games...that goes for the politicians and all Americans. It doesn't help at all.
Well, it's always been that way for years and years.

I am going to do something so rebellious while the government is shut down and the NSA isn't being paid to spy on me

I am going to ............

dig up a run off to collect rainwater.

Whoa! Living on the edge!

I am going to do something so rebellious while the government is shut down and the NSA isn't being paid to spy on me

I am going to ............

dig up a run off to collect rainwater.

Whoa! Living on the edge!
Is that it? You call that rebellious?

Troops! Is your friend a soldier? Kitkattime mentioned that her cousin is in the army, that means he/she is a soldier unless she needs to clarify it.

The bill was passed by Congress and Obama signed it in the last minute before shutdown. Paychecks for troops will continue.

From what I've read...all soldiers will be paid....but Civilians working at Military Bases will be sent home without pay...Believe it's 80,000 so far.

What you failed to mention was that the Democrats had the House and the Senate at the time. They voted to increase minimum wage - causing businesses to cut hours and benefits. Those hourly employees were earning more take home pay before the meddling done by the Democrats. Plus, they had benefits through their employers.

Now, as a result of what the Democratic party did, what they legislated and what they passed, businesses had to lay off people, and cut hours and benefits to survive. Hourly employees were getting overtime before all of this - now, the new full time is 27 hours with no benefits - and its BUSH's FAULT!!!!?????

GAWD!!!! I am so effing sick of this BULLSHIT!!!!

SHUT IT DOWN AND KEEP IT DOWN!!!!

No, most job losses result from economic crisis in 2007-2008 - usually with bank, credit companies, mortgage, etc.

I don't believe that minimum wage has effect on businesses, especially based on inflation. There are plenty of good businesses that pay more than minimum wage like Costco, WinCo with good benefits.
The Company With Lower Prices And Better Benefits Than Walmart | ThinkProgress

The blame on economic crisis can be far from few presidents and the congress about few decades ago, so it is much more people to blame than just president only (like Clinton, Bush, Obama).

It will not surprise if government shutdown help democrats to win in next election like they did in 1995, Clinton won the reelection in 1996.

only if they are essential people that have to stay and work. They were told that they will get paid at unknown when. The congress needs to resolve with the fund and then the essential fed employees will get paid eventually. non essential people went home without pay according to the congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back