What does the Shutdown means to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you get what you vote for just shame those who did.t suffer.
going to be rough things like morges close hoping no one here needs it,all the picki things that are essential until it happens are unaware

curious, How is it benefit to purchase obamacare if you are unemployed?

personal opinion (maybe someone else can give you harder facts) it would help if i had to go to the hospital, which is not unlikely. out of pocket, no insurance, my bill could easily be in the 100,000s - 1 mil after just one night. with insurance, my bill would be a lot lower. not perfect, but a big difference that would let me worry less about going to the hospital. without insurance i might just never go and refuse ambulances. i know of people who have done that because of cost. almost never ended well.

personal opinion (maybe someone else can give you harder facts) it would help if i had to go to the hospital, which is not unlikely. out of pocket, no insurance, my bill could easily be in the 100,000s - 1 mil after just one night. with insurance, my bill would be a lot lower. not perfect, but a big difference that would let me worry less about going to the hospital. without insurance i might just never go and refuse ambulances. i know of people who have done that because of cost. almost never ended well.

i read so often americans worry about health and hospitals it appauling system when got to worry about costs like this
icon13.gif

is been going around, that some people are saying Obama is a dictator, any one agree?

We don't have the type of government where one person can be a dictator. The only thing close to it is a dictator party and even then there are limits as to what one group can do.

There is a law and people are made about it so they shut the government down. If you think about it, that is dictatorship(their way or the highway).

this has not affect me.... yet. my organization is feeling a hurt because of donation issue from governments. it has been halted. I'm heading to DC in an hour for 3-days conference at World Bank. I'm sure that we're going to discuss how this shutdown will affect my organization's financial situation.

Obama isn't dictator, it is whole government. Obama is bound to comply his superior. If superior not approve Obama conduct, superior can give Obama disciplinary action anytime if Obama not comply the policy. Superior can be specific department, DOJ, Congress, and so on. No one can go above the law, but unfortunately many attempt to do so.
For example, Obama have attempt start war in Syria, Congress got pissed off, result Obama backed off. If he is truly dictator, he would already have us into war months ago. The problem here is that there are too many tyranny government personnel in charge, this includes congress, GOP, presidents and so on.

is been going around, that some people are saying Obama is a dictator, any one agree?

Obama isn't dictator, it is whole government. Obama is bound to comply his superior. If superior not approve Obama conduct, superior can give Obama disciplinary action anytime if Obama not comply the policy. Superior can be specific department, DOJ, Congress, and so on. No one can go above the law, but unfortunately many attempt to do so.
For example, Obama have attempt start war in Syria, Congress got pissed off, result Obama backed off. If he is truly dictator, he would already have us into war months ago. The problem here is that there are too many tyranny government personnel in charge, this includes congress, GOP, presidents and so on.

superior? Obama has a superior? you might wanna check your civics book.....

For example, Obama have attempt start war in Syria, Congress got pissed off, result Obama backed off. If he is truly dictator, he would already have us into war months ago. The problem here is that there are too many tyranny government personnel in charge, this includes congress, GOP, presidents and so on.[/QUOTE

so president figure head

My city will be affected big time...we have several Naval bases here and thousands of civilians working there....

As for myself, it won't affect me as I'm on Social Security. Then again, if the shut down lingers on for months, then SS could be affected....Just more worry for the Seniors who have worked all their lives, and paid their taxes.

Yeah, his superiors are the good people of the United States who have duly elected him and his family to be guests in our White House for a short period of time. :lol:

Yeah, his superiors are the good people of the United States who have duly elected him and his family to be guests in our White House for a short period of time. :lol:

:lol:....you don't say, Tousi?

Superior is just another word for somebody who supervise his work, if congress don't like what he had done, congress will take action, if DOJ don't like what he had done, they will take action. Remember the supreme landmark on Obamacare? Supreme court upheld Obamacare, otherwise they could have void his care. If there is no superior, then he won't have to worry about the impeachment, however impeachment is there for reason.

In other word, if he has full power, he could have fix this stupid government shutdown... Why can't he?

Perfect example
http://bensguide.gpo.gov/3-5/government/branches.html

Superior is just another word for somebody who supervise his work, if congress don't like what he had done, congress will take action, if DOJ don't like what he had done, they will take action. Remember the supreme landmark on Obamacare? Supreme court upheld Obamacare, otherwise they could have void his care. If there is no superior, then he won't have to worry about the impeachment, however impeachment is there for reason.

In other word, if he has full power, he could have fix this stupid government shutdown... Why can't he?

Perfect example
Ben's Guide: Branches of Government (3-5)

Why cant he?...guessing he's tooooo busy blaming it on the Repubs.....as he stated today on national TV. Breaking News.

Perfect example
Ben's Guide: Branches of Government (3-5)

Yes, Obama was elected by voters and we have election to elect the president, house of representative, senate, governor, etc.

If Obama has total power so government shutdown won't happen.

Why cant he?...guessing he's tooooo busy blaming it on the Repubs.....as he stated today on national TV. Breaking News.

The house of representative and senate have to pass the budget bill before Obama could sign into law.

Of course, I agree with Obama about blame on republicans, but no difference when conservatives blame on democrats too.

The idea of government branch is to make sure no one has full power. It was lesson learn from Red coats (British government).

Of course, I agree with Obama about blame on republicans, but no difference when conservatives blame on democrats too.

If anyone should be pointing fingers than it should start with Obama and his refusing to sit down and talk with anyone. Not unlike the way he handles reporters - he'd rather sit down with Jay Leno than a journalist that he can't control what questions he gets asked. You'd think he was England being asked for a sit down with Argentina or Ireland....

At heart of this shut down isn't Obamacare...it's a p**** contest between people with too much money that can play with with people's lives...and I blame everyone across the board...including the democrats. It doesn't escape me that the last government shutdown (under Clinton) and this one have occurred under Demcratic administrations.

Laura

Blaming others is what Obama does best. He's been blaming Bush from his first day in office, and after he leaves this mess, it'll somehow still be Bush's fault....

My cousin is in the army and he said that it means they will stop funding until they can agree on a budget.... and he won't get paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back