What does the Shutdown means to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is necessary for people who don't have health insurance or can't afford to get insurance card from employer.

I thought medicard or medicare would cover it? :confused:

I am not familiar with obamacare because i thought if anyone who wants to work then they should have insurance ? :dunno2: If they are not happy with the health insurance then search for another ?? My insurance is pretty expensive that i wish i could find a cheaper insurance but oh well.

That's not easy at all.

There are many jobs don't offer decent health insurance, or none at all. People are stuck with job to make money to pay their living expenses, so they need health insurance to cover the medical expenses.

That's not easy at all.

There are many jobs don't offer decent health insurance, or none at all. People are stuck with job to make money to pay their living expenses, so they need health insurance to cover the medical expenses.

right then they can pay for obamacare. why do we have to pay obamacare when we have health insurance already. :confused:

I am not familiar with obamacare because i thought if anyone who wants to work then they should have insurance ? :dunno2: If they are not happy with the health insurance then search for another ?? My insurance is pretty expensive that i wish i could find a cheaper insurance but oh well.

you're assuming that everyone can find a job, and that everyone who finds a job can find one that offers health benefits. many minimum-wage jobs do not offer health benefits. under the aca you may be able to have cheaper insurance through the marketplace exchanges and the subsidies/tax credits.

you're assuming that everyone can find a job, and that everyone who finds a job can find one that offers health benefits. many minimum-wage jobs do not offer health benefits. under the aca you may be able to have cheaper insurance through the marketplace exchanges and the subsidies/tax credits.

it makes us to pay obamacare for you all who dont have health insurance that is where I dont understand why.

I thought medicard or medicare would cover it? :confused:

No, Medicare is only for over 65 years old or disabled adults who receive SSDI, so they don't offer to adults who are less than 65 years old and have a job.

Depends on states, the Medicaid usually cover on extremely poor families, especially mother with 5 children, but mother with 2 children may not qualify. In my state, the non-disabled adults with no children aren't qualify for Medicaid. Medicaid only covered on limited numbers of families so they don't offer to people who have job and employers don't offer health insurance.

right then they can pay for obamacare. why do we have to pay obamacare when we have health insurance already. :confused:

Obamacare is only for people who don't have health insurance from work or very expensive to buy health insurance from work, also make too much money to be qualify for Medicaid.

If you have health insurance via work so you don't need to buy health insurance via exchange (Obamacare), so there are millions of employees need that.

No, Medicare is only for over 65 years old or disabled adults who receive SSDI, so they don't offer to adults who are less than 65 years old and have a job.

Depends on states, the Medicaid usually cover on extremely poor families, especially mother with 5 children, but mother with 2 children may not qualify. In my state, the non-disabled adults with no children aren't qualify for Medicaid. Medicaid only covered on limited numbers of families so they don't offer to people who have job and employers don't offer health insurance.

Yeah that is a fact. You have got a point there. Iam still pissed off about the whole thing.

it makes us to pay obamacare for you all who dont have health insurance that is where I dont understand why.

the way i understand it is it's the same as paying taxes for roads and trash and other public services. that's where the money comes from to maintain them for everyone's benefit. if everyone is doing well and is healthy then society does better. if only some people are healthy and everyone else is sick then society does not do very well because more of society's money is spent on things that could have been prevented in the first place. same with the roads - if you maintain them well from the start, it is cheaper in the long run than always underfunding them and then always having to repair them because you don't take care of them.

People with no health insurance at their job, whoever get health insurance from Obamacare have to pay monthly fee, based on income (only if income is low). If you make a lot of income so you will have to pay standard price (no subsidies) like $200 per month.

If part time, or minimum wage job, they usually don't offer health insurance.

Based on my recent experience, I realize the value of Obamacare. I was hoping someday, there will be single payer system in place. This will eliminate some cases where there would kick in legal mess. My case, I was stuck in between two insurance companies, they both pointing at each other, pulled me into legal mess and I suffer agony pain for 3 years, and still continued suffering pain with very limited treatment. Is my suffering, loss of employment really necessary? Who gets the most money is their attorneys. This is real long story but it helps me awaken myself on understand why Obamacare is really necessary. I believe that if had not for these nasty finger pointing, I would have got treatment and won't have to suffer long and agony pain and get my ass back to work. I rather work than stuck at home trying to relieve the agony pain constantly.

If anyone of you got injury in car accident or workplace accident, the chances are you may have to hire your own attorney to get though. Not all cases will result in legal battle, unfortunately mine falls in that area.

Because of this, I can see why health care is very expensive, and health care premium is sky high in cost. Time to change this, and get rid of bullshit causing by legal crews.

If part time, or minimum wage job, they usually don't offer health insurance.

Based on my recent experience, I realize the value of Obamacare. I was hoping someday, there will be single payer system in place. This will eliminate some cases where there would kick in legal mess. My case, I was stuck in between two insurance companies, they both pointing at each other, pulled me into legal mess and I suffer agony pain for 3 years, and still continued suffering pain with very limited treatment. Is my suffering, loss of employment really necessary? Who gets the most money is their attorneys. This is real long story but it helps me awaken myself on understand why Obamacare is really necessary.

If anyone of you got injury in car accident or workplace accident, the chances are you may have to hire your own attorney to get though. Not all cases will result in legal battle, unfortunately mine falls in that area.

Because of this, I can see why health care is very expensive, and health care premium is sky high in cost. Time to change this, and get rid of bullshit causing by legal crews.

Thanks for your time to explain such as an example. oh boy.

Thanks, and I'm still waiting for treatment EVEN though I won the case as of July 25, 2013 and STILL dragging and waiting for stupid approval to get treatment and test. UNREAL! I blasted at my primary care doctor over this yesterday and he was somewhat disappointed I still not get anything. I also blunt with him that my pain treatment comes first, the rest will have to wait. He thinks I'm insane! RIGHT! That is because the system made me insane.

I am seriously considering sue insurance company for screw my ass in the last 3 years and 2 months. Now I have three doctors realize the seriousness and got on my side. I have no desire or plan on sue my last employer, they did fantastic job trying to help me, it is the insurance that got in between us. I also hope that I will have chance go back to my last employer. It all depends on how well I get treatment and recovery.

Thanks for your time to explain such as an example. oh boy.

Thanks, and I'm still waiting for treatment EVEN though I won the case as of July 25, 2013 and STILL dragging and waiting for stupid approval to get treatment and test. UNREAL! I blasted at my primary care doctor over this yesterday and he was somewhat disappointed I still not get anything. I also blunt with him that my pain treatment comes first, the rest will have to wait. He thinks I'm insane! RIGHT! That is because the system made me insane.

That is so awful. agree that system needs to be done something right.

Under SNAP, food stamps continue to be distributed.

I am not talking about food stamps , I talking government funded programs that give single mothers boxes of food to take home.

I know a shut down would not be any sweat off the GOP and Democrats politicians , they'll are making sure they still get their pay checks!

curious, How is it benefit to purchase obamacare if you are unemployed?

diehardbiker, thanks for sharing your story. the system is seriously messed up. best of luck, and best wishes, for your next steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back