What does the Shutdown means to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shutdown are good. 90% of IRS workers are staying home makes me happy. :lol:

what about the single mothers that relies on the food programs to help them feed their kids ? The food programs for low income people will get shut too.

Everyone needs to start hunting their own food supply... I am and growing a hugh garden as well.

what about the single mothers that relies on the food programs to help them feed their kids ? The food programs for low income people will get shut too.
Under SNAP, food stamps continue to be distributed.

I dont understand SSI arent affected while fed goverment workers are affected they have to pay mortage etc

Oh man, House Republicans are still stubborn, refusing to leave ACA alone. ACA is already a law that US Supreme Court approved after Pres Obama signed it.

That causes a shutdown. Also there are many flaws the Republicans create in the House.

I dont understand SSI arent affected while fed goverment workers are affected they have to pay mortage etc
Not all of them are furloughed.

Shutdown: Senate for fourth time rejects House anti-Obamacare effort - CNN.com

Federal employees who are considered essential will continue working. Those deemed non-essential -- more than 800,000 -- will be furloughed, unsure when they'll be able to work or get paid again. Most furloughed federal workers are supposed to be out of their offices within four hours of the start of business Tuesday.
SS benefits continue to be paid by a separate fund.

I would vote ALL of the congress out of their office at the next election, this is not acceptable, period. It shows they have not grown up!

It does affect of us who are essentional that are on furloughed which means that we won't get PAID until at a much later after the congress needs to reslove with our pay back. It does affect us such as paying the mortgage bill, daycare bill, food bill etc. I sure hope that some of us will get paid back. BUT I do feel bad for other fed goverment employees who are non esssential that dont get paid at all.

I do support that SS benefits that need to continue but not SSI. come on.

I pray that shutdown needs to be OVER by midnight. yeah that is my big dream. it affects everyone in any way.

I do support that SS benefits that need to continue but not SSI. come on.
Are you saying that SSA should stop paying SSI to disabled people such as people with wheelchair, mental problems, cerebral palsy, etc due to the government shutdown? If so, how would they survive?

I pray that shutdown needs to be OVER by midnight. yeah that is my big dream. it affects everyone in any way.
The problem is that House Republicans refuse to start all over "to make a clean bill", Senate doesn't like their bills so far because of too many flaws in them.

Are you saying that SSA should stop paying SSI to disabled people such as people with wheelchair, mental problems, cerebral palsy, etc due to the government shutdown? If so, how would they survive?

I know that is why SSI keeps to continue for good disabled people, unlike those excuses of being disabled people.

Illegal immigartion needs to do something about it as well.

I dont know if Obamacare is necessary?

oh wow it is absolutely necessary for me. i have a lot of "pre-existing conditions" and would never be able to get insurance without the affordable care act. my current insurance (from my parents) excludes some big things that the aca would require a plan to cover. i would also not be able to afford real coverage. is it still expensive compared to real universal coverage? yes. but oh well.

I know that is why SSI keeps to continue for good disabled people, unlike those excuses of being disabled people.

I have a health insurance through my employer so it doesn't apply to me. It applies to people who don't have one. Many employers don't offer health benefits so ACA encourages the employees to get a good health insurance and it will help paying for their insurance if they earn a low income.

Yes, it is necessary for people who don't have health insurance or can't afford to get insurance card from employer.

oh wow it is absolutely necessary for me. i have a lot of "pre-existing conditions" and would never be able to get insurance without the affordable care act. my current insurance (from my parents) excludes some big things that the aca would require a plan to cover. i would also not be able to afford real coverage. is it still expensive compared to real universal coverage? yes. but oh well.

I am not familiar with obamacare because i thought if anyone who wants to work then they should have insurance ? :dunno2: If they are not happy with the health insurance then search for another ?? My insurance is pretty expensive that i wish i could find a cheaper insurance but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back