What does the Bible say about dinosaurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liebling:-))) said:
It's hard to beleive that dinosaurs & humans were on earth at the same time. Dinosaurs would ate humans up and destory their homes with their foot... impossible...
The earth was not always heavily populated. Long ago, and even today, there are large areas of land where few or no people live. Those areas could support thousands of dinosaurs that would never even run into a human being. Also, dinosaurs came in different sizes and kinds. Prior to the flood, they were all vegitarian and peaceful. Even after the flood, they were not necessarily all meat eaters.

... griffith ...
Do you mean griffin? You believe in griffins but you don't believe in dinosaurs living at the same time as man???

..Dinosaurs are too big to fit Noah Ark's boat...???
Did you ever hear of baby dinosaurs?

What's the reason the God create dinosaurs to share with humans because they are too big for humans/animal? What's special about them? Why large?
God has His reason's for all His designs. Maybe He knew they would become a good source of petroleum.

I was taught to know about dinosaurs... God create dinosaurs and cavemen and don't like it and let earth to drown them to death... then create better one is human Adam.........
Did the JW's teach you that? That is what they believe. The Bible says that God created the universe out of NOTHING. That means, there was no earth, no animals, no people before Adam.

"Mmmm....dinos are gooood eatin'!"

I don't think I could develop a taste for oil or gasoline. To each his own.

Daft said:
"Mmmm....dinos are gooood eatin'!"

I don't think I could develop a taste for oil or gasoline. To each his own.
The small meaty dinos are still around; how about a komodo dragon burger?

That would be a bit much.
How about a plain ole chicken sandwich?
After all, birds are supposedly evolved from dinosaurs.
:)

Audiofuzzy said:
I wanted to point out the Bible does not have "an author" - it's a compilations of many things.
and the link I provided is not a Bible it's an encyclopedia.
>>WebBible Encyclopedia... <<

Fuzzy

http://www.allabouttruth.org/who-wrote-the-bible.htm

Well all of scriptures are from God, not author...
Yes, alot of authors use scriptures for translation and create their image/opinion to prepare for the bibles...

I withness 3 different bibles... All scriptures are SAME but creator/author use scriptures to build their image and translate what the scriputures says. Example: One bible say that God and Jesus are not same person but other bible says God and Jesus are same person - the author see them as different person but other author see them as same person... That's what author beleive thru the word of scriptures.
Author claimed that dinosaur was involved with humans but other author say different... *sigh* You see the many authors have different opinion to translate what scriptures mean. That's why I study scripture myself and visit google to find out - depend what I'm agree with author or not.

Daft said:
Liebling,

You wrote "Well, It's Christian author who wrote those bible." I replied, no Christian authored any Bible. The writers were all Jewish.

No Author Paul S. Taylor is not Jewish but Christian.

Askjo said:
Food! People on the earth ate them.

:eek: How could peopel kill dinosaur for foods because they are too large and can stamp people with their large feet... :eek:

Sorry I do not beleive that dinosaur and human are exist on the same time.

Reba said:
The earth was not always heavily populated. Long ago, and even today, there are large areas of land where few or no people live. Those areas could support thousands of dinosaurs that would never even run into a human being. Also, dinosaurs came in different sizes and kinds. Prior to the flood, they were all vegitarian and peaceful. Even after the flood, they were not necessarily all meat eaters.

It's hard to beleive that dinosaur and humans are existed on the same time. I was taught to know that dinosaur and cavemen are existed on the same time before God drown them to death to make fresh on the earth. You should see it at Natural museum in London.

Do you mean griffin? You believe in griffins but you don't believe in dinosaurs living at the same time as man???

Sorry for my wrong spelling... it's giraffe, I'm talking about.

No I don't beleive in dinosaurs living on the same time as human but cavemen.

Reba said:
Did you ever hear of baby dinosaurs?

Yes, but Noah got each pair of animals (female & male) but baby dinosaurs?

Question:
As you say that Noah let baby dinosaurs in his boat... Why we still have all animals here except dinosaurs? We thank Noah to save all animal's life that's why we still have animals around here... where's dinosaurs? What/How/Why we don't have dinosaurs around here?

Reba said:
God has His reason's for all His designs. Maybe He knew they would become a good source of petroleum.
What you say about bugs, mites, posion snakes, spiders? What's special about them? :eek:

Did the JW's teach you that? That is what they believe. The Bible says that God created the universe out of NOTHING. That means, there was no earth, no animals, no people before Adam.

No, it's not just JW but Evangelistic/Protestants, Catholic and other beleifs, too. Yes I have some JW friends who respect what I am. I also respect their belief, too and let them to teach me about their belief because I'm interesting.
I was taught to beleive by school for a first time and then collect every beliefs. All including Natural museum in London says the same that dinosaurs and cavemen were existed on the same time before Adam's creation.
German were taught to beleive where they come from is Eve and Adam at school until they heard about Evolution and begin to beleive that it's from apes, cavemen........., not Eve & Adam. Alot of Germans beleive Evolution now. :dunno: Okay I respect them for that.
I know for a long time that dinosaurs and humans are not existed on the same time or Jesus & God are not same person UNTIL I learn from Christian's belief is from THIS FORUM for a first time in 2005.

The Komodo dragon from Indonesia is scientifically proven to be a descendant of dinosaurs.
Can't remember the specifics but I do recall seeying a documentary about the link between the dinos and today's animals.

Example: One bible say that God and Jesus are not same person but other bible says God and Jesus are same person - the author see them as different person but other author see them as same person... That's what author beleive thru the word of scriptures.

What is funnier, that's because Jesus is and isn't the same person as God. this is a concept that our little human brains are incapable of understand, The same, but not the same, get it :) we can only blindly follow, thus believe or not.

That is exactly why I am sceptical about these things as absolute truths. Who knows how many times over the God's word was twisted before it eneded up registered in the Bible. The closest I would believe is the stone tables God himself (supposedly) burned with the messages and gave it to Moses.
But how do you prove it was him indeed, not Moses - he was alone on the mountain when that happened..

You know how it is- somebody somewhere said "AHHH", on the other end of the world somebody learned that that exact person from the other end said "SH*T.

That, and plus, it is ridiculous how diferrent religions insist THEIR is the only truth.

As for dinos- well we can't dispute the proof they did existed since their discovered skeletons are real?

Fuzzy

btw, I see no one is paying any particular attention to the time issue, and that is not smart. you see we don't exactly know what "time" means, and we don't know if these 6 days were in fact each consisting of 24 human hours.
maybe one day really equals millions of years in earth terms.. God was creating something that seems so long for US, but an eyeblink for him... who says he created and NOT changed his mind with respect to some creations, namely dinosaurs...? maybe he decided he doesn't liked them and removed them.. then he created what is now, and we won't even ever know how many other things he created and then destroyed? ...

:eek: How could peopel kill dinosaur for foods because they are too large and can stamp people with their large feet... :eek:
I think you have watched too many movies! :lol:

... That's why I study scripture myself and visit google to find out - depend what I'm agree with author or not.
Ah, the Gospel according to Google.

Yes, but Noah got each pair of animals (female & male) but baby dinosaurs?
Baby male and baby female dinosaurs. Later, they mature and can reproduce.

Question:
As you say that Noah let baby dinosaurs in his boat... Why we still have all animals here except dinosaurs? We thank Noah to save all animal's life that's why we still have animals around here... where's dinosaurs? What/How/Why we don't have dinosaurs around here?
We don't have all animals here except dinosaurs. Hundreds of animals, fish, and birds have become extinct after the Flood. Just a few examples: the eastern elk, several species of cisco, several kinds of clams, the passenger pigeon, the dodo bird, and the Carolina parakeet are extinct. Dinosaurs aren't the only animals that have disappeared.

What you say about bugs, mites, posion snakes, spiders? What's special about them?
Are you familiar with the term "food chain"? Each small critter is potential food for the next bigger critter. Each critter serves a special purpose. Some provide food for other critters, some clean the environment of carrion, some pollinate plants, etc. Some snakes eat rats; that prevents the rats from eatting the farmers' grain, or spreading disease. Spiders catch nasty flies in their webs. There is a purpose for each one.

I was taught to beleive by school for a first time and then collect every beliefs. All including Natural museum in London says the same that dinosaurs and cavemen were existed on the same time before Adam's creation.
Schools and museums are not perfect. That make mistakes. Most natural history museums constantly update their exhibits as more research finds new information.

Sorry I do not beleive that dinosaur and human are exist on the same time.
Are you saying that people in their lifetime were too dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back