What does the Bible say about dinosaurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, almost half a century after publication of the encyclical, new knowledge has led to the recognition of the theory of evolution as more than a hypothesis. It is indeed remarkable that this theory has been progressively accepted by researchers, following a series of discoveries in various fields of knowledge. The convergence, neither sought nor fabricated, of the results of work that was conducted independently is in itself a significant argument in favor of the theory."

Indeed many a Judas has given in to pressures to change their belief when money or currying government favor was sought.

So you are equating the Pope to Judas? The previous quote was from Pope John Paul II.

ndeed, many seem to accept the fact that a god could have operated his/her devine plan through the process of evolution. The being has infinite time, in theory, what does it matter if the work is done in a billion years plus?

Well you already know my position on that. I maintain that a god who would require millions of years to accomplish a task of creation is no god that I would worship. And certainly not omnipotent.

On what time scale does a god worth worshipping operate? Whom are we to impose our experience of time on some omnipotent being? Why should creation occur on a scale we can understand (ie days) and not on one far greater than mortals (ie billions of years) or even one far smaller than mortals can comprehend (ie milliseconds or seconds). How does that affect omnipotence? I just wonder why days seems an appropriate length of time to operate in, and therefore be worthy of worship. What would a god who created the universe in 7 seconds be worthy of?
There are two refereneces to my knowlege of beasts of that size in the Bible. As to the other non Biblical references during that time frame, I will compile them for you and get back to you. There are many collectors of artifacts that have carvings of dinosaurs from that time period that could only have come from living specimins. The knowledge that we have lost is much more than we have gained. The ancient Egyptions used battery powered light bulbs in the pyramids but most people are never shown those gliphs because it would cause to many questions.

For dinosaurs to have existed at the same time as people, and to have produced as many fossils as we have found, I would expect there to be more mention of them in such a "definitive" work as the bible. I think the everyday observation of a gigantic creature would deserve some further explanation as to why a creator would send them to eat us all (and there are no stories of ANYONE being eaten by a Tyranosaurus Rex, or even a squished by one. Indeed it seems there are far more references to common, modern-day animals such as oxen, donkeys, cattle, sheep etc.

Can I have a reference for the battery power? As well as some explanation for why microscopic creatures are not described in the bible?

Finally, no offense at all is intended by the following, but, could you please reference sources that appear to be less biased in this argument. For example, I do not post articles from www.evolutionisbetter.com(this is not an actual link), and find it hard to approach articles from Interactive Bible Home Page www.bible.ca, and the Institute of Creation Research expecting them to have looked at all sides of the issue. These resources seem too biased, and unfortunately, more opinion-based than evidence-based.

Thanks

For dinosaurs to have existed at the same time as people, and to have produced as many fossils as we have found, I would expect there to be more mention of them in such a "definitive" work as the bible. I think the everyday observation of a gigantic creature would deserve some further explanation as to why a creator would send them to eat us all (and there are no stories of ANYONE being eaten by a Tyranosaurus Rex, or even a squished by one. Indeed it seems there are far more references to common, modern-day animals such as oxen, donkeys, cattle, sheep etc.
Now you're talking literary analysis, not scientific analysis.

The animals that are most commonly referred to in the Bible are there because their presence was important to the story. The domesticated animals (cattle, sheep, goats, horses, camels, donkeys) were important parts of daily life. Fish were an important food source. Animals and birds were used in sacrifices. Each animal that was included in a Bible verse was there for a specific reason.

There are many animals NOT mentioned in the Bible but that doesn't mean that they didn't exist. They just weren't important to God's record that He wanted passed down. No cats, squirrels, possums, giraffes, koalas, turkeys, raccoons, or flamingos mentioned. So?

Not all dinosaurs were meat eaters, even after the Flood. Also, for many years after the Flood, the human population was concentrated in a small area. The dinosaurs weren't necessarily all congregated around the human enclaves. After disembarking the ark, the animals, other than the domesticated ones needed by the people, were free to go their own ways. The same way that God led the animals to the ark, He guided them away to their new homes.

So you are equating the Pope to Judas? The previous quote was from Pope John Paul II.

Not the Pope but the Church and all denominations in my opinion have prostituted themselves for the sake of their 501C tax exemption status. When you lie in bed with the state you become obligated. I do not agree that the Church should enter into any contractual agreements with the government. By doing so it compromises the ability of the church to totally disagree with the State.

Finally, no offense at all is intended by the following, but, could you please reference sources that appear to be less biased in this argument. For example, I do not post articles from www.evolutionisbetter.com(this is not an actual link), and find it hard to approach articles from Interactive Bible Home Page Interactive Bible Home Page www.bible.ca, and the Institute of Creation Research expecting them to have looked at all sides of the issue. These resources seem too biased, and unfortunately, more opinion-based than evidence-based.

I have given a reference by a non biased source. Phillip E, Johnson wrote the book "Darwin On Trial". The man was at one time an agnostic and a scientist as well as a lawyer. Now my question for you is, now that he has become a Christian, does that make his work biased. As a scientist you should be able to ferret out any information that appears skewed to you and research that. It makes for incredible debate. For instance I have already looked into the allegation that the Inc stones were forgeries. The truth is that the person that inherited the original stones had made some copies of them to sell to tourists. He admited to that and when all of the stones were examined the orignial stones were eaisly identifiable as true artifacts as opposed to the frauds. The important part is this, since I considered the source of the allegations to be BIASED, I took this one message the site posted, (ie: "It has already been proven the stones were made by this man himself.") And researched that for myself. I didn't say, no that can't be true, or well that report is obviously so biased I'm not going to even read it. I don't just listen to the Choir. An honest investigator will look at all sources of information, pro and con and decide for himself. However in the interest of good debate, what would you consider to be a "non biased report", knowing that their are true scientists who believe in the Biblical account of creation? And are you saying that a Christian Scientist who believes in creation can not be un biased? If that is true than neither can a Scientist who is an anthiest or an agnostic.

Batteries in Ancient Egypt

This experiment proved that electric batteries were used some 1,800 years before their modern invention by Alessandro Volta in 1799.
It also seems that the use of similar batteries can be safely placed into ancient Egypt, where several objects with traces of electroplated precious metals have been found at different locations. There are several anomalous finds from other regions, which suggests use of electricity on a grander scale.

World Mysteries - Strange Artifacts, Baghdad Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back