What does the Bible say about dinosaurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were created in God's image and we share 99% the same DNA as monkeys, then that would mean that God is possibly a monkey?

I'm just saying......:dunno2:

But, it also says God made Adam "in His own image". Since none of us have actually seen God, who can say what that image is? And, humans and Bonobos share 99% of the same DNA. Gotta make you think.:dunno:

The way I understand "in His image" is that we have a spirit. We are only being on this earth that has a spirit since God is spirit.that is how we are created in His image. All other created animals exists till they die. When they die, they don't exist anymore however when we die, we change into spirits and go back to God. DNA is only for phyical side, it has nothing to do with the fact we are made in His image.

The way I understand "in His image" is that we have a spirit. We are only being on this earth that has a spirit since God is spirit.that is how we are created in His image. All other created animals exists till they die. When they die, they don't exist anymore however when we die, we change into spirits and go back to God. DNA is only for phyical side, it has nothing to do with the fact we are made in His image.

There are those that would argue that animals have a spirit, as well.

Hope your back gets better too fredfam1, a bad back is never fun. I look forward to your (or your daughters) responses :)

True but the information I just posted was based on the Bible. The Bible says that only human has spirit.

Hmmm......guess we better stop telling kids that their pet dog or cat has gone to live with God in Heaven, then, huH?

Hmmm......guess we better stop telling kids that their pet dog or cat has gone to live with God in Heaven, then, huH?

What's the harm in telling them that? Once people get to heaven, they won't remember what pets they had when living on Earth.

Once they are old enough, they will realize what the truth is. However, if I had a child, I woudln't tell them that since I believe it to not to be true.

What's the harm in telling them that? Once people get to heaven, they won't remember what pets they had when living on Earth.

Once they are old enough, they will realize what the truth is. However, if I had a child, I woudln't tell them that since I believe it to not to be true.

The harm...gee I don't know. I just thought Christianity was all about the one and only truth. How do you know that people don't remember what pets they had on Earth when they get to Heaven? Guess St Francis of Assissi was way off base, huh?

The harm...gee I don't know. I just thought Christianity was all about the one and only truth. How do you know that people don't remember what pets they had on Earth when they get to Heaven?

That's why I said personally I woudln't tell my child that because it's not the truth.

I know becaues of the story of what Jesus told about Lazaruz going to Abraham's bosom. I could see that Lazaruz had no care for what was going on other than where he was.

Beside, if you really think about it, heaven is a place that's perfect and that God will wipe our tears away. Don't you think that we would remember what would make us unhappy? I don't..

Personally, I have a really hard time believing that animals don't have a spirit (regardless of the fact that the Bible doesn't mention it). Anyone who has had a dog or a cat knows that they each have their own personality, thoughts, feelings, they feel pain, they are happy. How could something that doesn't have a spirit do all of those things?

That's why I said personally I woudln't tell my child that because it's not the truth.

I know becaues of the story of what Jesus told about Lazaruz going to Abraham's bosom. I could see that Lazaruz had no care for what was going on other than where he was.

Beside, if you really think about it, heaven is a place that's perfect and that God will wipe our tears away. Don't you think that we would remember what would make us unhappy? I don't..

Well, if we are going to remember that which made us happy, then why would we not remember pets? Pets make many, many people happy.

Personally, I have a really hard time believing that animals don't have a spirit (regardless of the fact that the Bible doesn't mention it). Anyone who has had a dog or a cat knows that they each have their own personality, thoughts, feelings, they feel pain, they are happy. How could something that doesn't have a spirit do all of those things?

Who says that spirits has to exist to feel emotions? They can be however God created them to be. They do have personalities and basic emotions. I have had pets and they were great to have. I sometimes miss them.

However, I believe the Bible and the Bible is clear about humans having spirits and other beings don't.

found the verse...read it..

Genesis 1:21 (New International Version)

21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:24 (New International Version)

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so.

Genesis 1:25 (New International Version)

25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Well, if we are going to remember that which made us happy, then why would we not remember pets? Pets make many, many people happy.

Cause if we miss them and are in heaven where they don't exist, how can we be truely happy?

The fact of what we remember in past is not what gonna make us happy in Heaven. It will be the fact that we can worship God the way we were meant to be without being weighted down by the flesh. Our Spirits will be free to do what it was meant to do and that is what would make us happy in Heaven.

On the flip side, that is punishment of hell which is seperation from God. What the spirit of those who didn't obey on earth would want to do but will be unable to cause they are seperated from God.

I still believe that animals have spirits. Nothing really, will change my opinion. I respect others for believing what they want to believe, that's their right. Just as it is my right to believe that there is a possibility that animals have spirits. I think, that as something with a spirit you are able to recognize other things with spirits. When you look into an animals, eyes, I don't see a black pit, to me, there is something there. This is just my own opinion, I have aboslutely nothing to back it up, this is just how I feel.

found the verse...read it..

Genesis 1:21 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Okay, I read it, where does it say they have spirits?

I still believe that animals have spirits. Nothing really, will change my opinion. I respect others for believing what they want to believe, that's their right. Just as it is my right to believe that there is a possibility that animals have spirits. I think, that as something with a spirit you are able to recognize other things with spirits. When you look into an animals, eyes, I don't see a black pit, to me, there is something there. This is just my own opinion, I have aboslutely nothing to back it up, this is just how I feel.

:)

Agreed. Animals are not capable of critical thought. That does not mean that they don't have spirits. I know a lot of people that don't seem to be capable of critical thought.

Who says that spirits has to exist to feel emotions? They can be however God created them to be. They do have personalities and basic emotions. I have had pets and they were great to have. I sometimes miss them.

However, I believe the Bible and the Bible is clear about humans having spirits and other beings don't.

But isn't spirit the pure essence of what was in living form? If so, then the purest essence is emotion. And if we are to feel happy in Heaven, as you have stated, then how is it one can experience happiness without the ability to experience emotion. If spirits can feel happiness, then spirits have emotion.

i am not talking about spirits..i am talking about dinosaurs and yall are getting off the topic.. you need to start a thread that talk about animal spirits.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back