What does the Bible say about dinosaurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daft said:
Bible has a lot of science? Like the earth is flat? The Bible does NOT say the Earth is round. In fact, people were "punished" for making such statements until the explorers proved the Earth was not flat.

There is nothing in the Bible which talks about dinosaurs. Nothing!

Someone once tried to point out that flying dinosaurs were in Deuteronomy. I checked the verses provided and what Scripture actually said were saphar serpents - which are poisonous snakes!

I would like to see Halford to provide some scriptures where he thought that stated it...

I do believe that God is always perfect in His Creation. He is the Maker of all Universe and Earth.

Heh. All my posts are gone, no thanks to crybabies and the powers-that-be with ambiguous agendas. But i'll post my opinion here: there are no explicit references to dinosaurs in the bible.

Any claim to the contrary is mere anachronism and retrojection of modern knowledge where it does not belong. Daft is doing a good job so i need not go in detail.

The Heretic said:
Heh. All my posts are gone, no thanks to crybabies and the powers-that-be with ambiguous agendas. But i'll post my opinion here: there are no explicit references to dinosaurs in the bible.

Any claim to the contrary is mere anachronism and retrojection of modern knowledge where it does not belong. Daft is doing a good job so i need not go in detail.

The Heretic
itsokay.gif
Liebling.
The reason, your posts were removed because of :topic: and :nono:

Back to this topic:

Yes, I know the bible did not say dinosaurs but dragon, Reptiles and Tannin. That's what Scentist claimed those words mean is dinosaurs after found the proof of fossils remains between 1800 and 1900.

Daft said:
Liebling,

I understand the Bible is often very confusing and difficult to understand. As to whether God created dinosuars - well, the Bible tells us God created everything. So if he created everything, then he created dinosaurs. But most important, He created us.

Try thinking about this, Liebling. The dinosaurs really don't have anything to do with God's relationship with us. So there isn't any need for any mention of dinosaurs in the Bible.

I hope you continue reading with your son about Bible stories and also stories about dinosaurs, rockets, cowboys, and anything else he is interested in.

Alles Gute!

Yes, my children were taught by school to learn about kind of reglious. I gave my children the honest answer why I'm not for kind of reglious but the bible and God. I told them what I beleive but my hubby also told them what he believe different. They already collect kinds of reglious at school, friends, etc. We would not make our children to beleive us but their own decision what they beleive or not.

Alot of Germans beleive that Adam and Eve are not exist but dinosaurs and cavemen. They beleives that we come from cavemen time, not Adam and Eve. :dunno: We would not force our children to beleive us but their own choice.

I beleive Eve and Adam but my hubby beleive dinosaur and cavemen. We discussed alot about the bible. My hubby beleive that the bible histories written by the scentists. :dunno:

My children have different interesting to read etc. like knights, histories etc.

Silly kid! Dinosaurs aren't either Dragons, Reptiles or Tannin. :laugh2:

Dragons are mythological creatures, and their resemblance to actual Dinosaurs is purely imaginary. Any effort to establish a relation between the two is a straw-grasping exercise.
Reptiles are cold blooded animals, whereas Dinosaurs were warm blooded, and evolved from a different branch of the tree of life. Hell, most reptiles were alive during the times of the dinosaurs. What does that tell you?
Tannin is a "great sea monster" yet no dinosaur lived in the ocean.

Try again!

Oh, by the way, please stop referring to some vague "scientist" without actually doing some homework and find their articles or at least, name one credible scientist. You do damage to your credibility that way. :smash:

The Heretic said:
Silly kid! Dinosaurs aren't either Dragons, Reptiles or Tannin. :laugh2:

Dragons are mythological creatures, and their resemblance to actual Dinosaurs is purely imaginary. Any effort to establish a relation between the two is a straw-grasping exercise.
Reptiles are cold blooded animals, whereas Dinosaurs were warm blooded, and evolved from a different branch of the tree of life. Hell, most reptiles were alive during the times of the dinosaurs. What does that tell you?
Tannin is a "great sea monster" yet no dinosaur lived in the ocean.

Try again!

Oh, by the way, please stop referring to some vague "scientist" without actually doing some homework and find their articles or at least, name one credible scientist. You do damage to your credibility that way. :smash:

Can you explain me how/where fossils remains from when the dinosaur is not mentioned in the bible ?????????

Can you explain what's that fossils remains is where the scentists found between 1800 and 1900?????

If you claim that dinosaurs are not exist???????? Then what?????

I guess you concede all points, and there is no scientist at all. Now moving on to your new questions.

Liebling:-))) said:
Can you explain me how/where fossils remains from when the dinosaur is not mentioned in the bible ?????????
From the dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals preserved over a long period of time. That is correct, the bible does not mention fossils at all.

Can you explain what's that fossils remains is where the scentists found between 1800 and 1900?????
They're petrified remains of prehistoric animals the environment has preserved from decay for millions of years. Read this link for more information.

If you claim that dinosaurs are not exist???????? Then what?????
I didn't claim dinosaurs didn't exist. Please read my post carefully. :wave:

What we have here is a failure to communicate.
(with apologies to Cool Hand Luke)

Is that what you believe? :laugh2: All the special pleading in the world can't make that case! There's not one scientific fact in the link, not even one iota of plausiblity. Just a bunch of unsupported assertions.

Dragons are nothing like dinosaurs. Go check chinese representations and other ancient cultures of dragons and compare them to any actual dinosaur fossil. You'll be shocked to see such irreconcilable differences.

Morale? Don't believe everything you read. Use your eyes, and look. :afro:

Reba said:
What we have here is a failure to communicate.
(with apologies to Cool Hand Luke)

My word! I didn't know you were a comedienne! :dance2:

Since not being able to name the mystery scientist or answer any of my questions, and argue by website, i think Leibling doesn't have much of a case, other than a desire to believe the inerrancy of the bible.

It is quite funny how the mind contorts itself to protect certain beliefs, and theists are always the best candidates! :mrgreen:

All in all, since Mark Twain is correct that sacred cows make the best hamburgers, at least scientists recycle theirs. :party:

The Heretic said:
Is that what you believe? :laugh2: All the special pleading in the world can't make that case! There's not one scientific fact in the link, not even one iota of plausiblity. Just a bunch of unsupported assertions.

Dragons are nothing like dinosaurs. Go check chinese representations and other ancient cultures of dragons and compare them to any actual dinosaur fossil. You'll be shocked to see such irreconcilable differences.

Morale? Don't believe everything you read. Use your eyes, and look. :afro:

It´s nothing do with beleive but want to know the truth what the bible says about Dragons, Reptiles and Tannin.

All what I was taught to beleive that dinosaurs/cavemen were existed many thousands to million years BEFORE Adam´s creation.

I was like wow after read the posts at Miss *P´s thread because I´m INTERESTING to know anything and also truth, too. It´s nothing do with "beleive". I searched to find out what those words mean. Is it forbideen to find out the truth. ?

One point, I´m wondering why the bible write "Dragon". It sound that they are talking about dinosaur BECAUSE fossil remains was found between 1700 and 1900.

I think someone is getting really confused with the Bible and the story of Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve were not simply two people. Adam and Eve are plural - God created men and women. Adam and Eve were the "cavemen" you are thinking of.

Actually, Genesis says God created woman twice. Genesis 1:27 says "God created man in his image; in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them." It says he created THEM and that they were MALE and FEMALE. Genesis 2:21-23 has God creating woman again! "So the LORD God cast a deep sleep on the man, and while he was asleep, he took out one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. The LORD God then built up into a woman the rib that he had taken from the man. When he brought her to the man, the man said: "This one, at last, is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; This one shall be called 'woman,' for out of 'her man' this one has been taken."

The story of Adam and Eve was never to be taken literally. The story of Adam and Eve helps explains our relationship with God. St Augustine said that the stories of the Old Testament are hidden prophesies of the New Testament.

Daft said:
...Actually, Genesis says God created woman twice. Genesis 1:27 says "God created man in his image; in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them." It says he created THEM and that they were MALE and FEMALE. Genesis 2:21-23 has God creating woman again!
No, God did not create Eve twice. Those verses use a literary device of introducing the topic first in a general way, and then going back to give the details. One event, two descriptions.

The story of Adam and Eve was never to be taken literally.
Did God say that?

St Augustine said that the stories of the Old Testament are hidden prophesies of the New Testament.
The prophesies of the OT are fulfilled in the NT. The Creation was not a prophesy of future events. It is the history of what God has already done.

The Creation story was THE first prophesy of salvation!

Cjanik said:
dinosours and humans were NOT on earth at the same time...

they are hundreds of millions of years apart.

no its not a theory either....its a FACT.

why is it a fact? because its been proven :)

have you noticed...that the bible is very vague....so that if any new inventions\discoveries are created...it will fit into the bible if you "alter" what everything means?
If they were hundred million years apart, what's up with "6 days"?

Let's suppose the Bible was really written based on men's experience...

Dinosaurs did roam the Earth for millions of years. Suddenly, a meteorite hits Earth and wipes out most of the dinosaurs. Millions of years later, land has shifted to new places. Apes have evolved to humans. Through generations, some people began to make up stories. The more stories are made up, the more believable they become. After that, those stories eventually are written in books... the Bible. We have over millions and millions of species of animals all over the Earth. Could two of everything really fit on Noah's Ark? Some might say that there were fewer, but as the years went by... they evolved to more species. Doesn't that contradict with the evolution theory? We either have no evolution or have evolution. If we have evolution, then it is possible that man evolved from apes. Maybe, the ark was really built... but Noah made up an excuse for it and only brought whatever animal he could find. Maybe, he built it near the ocean and knew when the tide was coming in. By then, he got lucky and floated in sea. Of course, 40 days does sound like the right amount of time for any sail-less and motor-less boat to drift through any ocean. ;) Know Howard Hughes? He built a plane big enough to carry tanks. It was a wild dream he had that became reality. Perhaps, he was like Noah. ;)

VamPyroX said:
Let's suppose the Bible was really written based on men's experience...

Dinosaurs did roam the Earth for millions of years. ..
Where did the dinosaurs come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back