What does the Bible say about dinosaurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daft said:
The Creation story was THE first prophesy of salvation!
Not the six days of Creation, but God's provision after the fall of Adam and Eve. God then killed an animal for its skins and for a picture of redemption by blood. God also promised to send the future Savior. But that was after the six days, not during.

VamPyroX said:
Let's suppose the Bible was really written based on men's experience...

Dinosaurs did roam the Earth for millions of years. Suddenly, a meteorite hits Earth and wipes out most of the dinosaurs. Millions of years later, land has shifted to new places. Apes have evolved to humans. Through generations, some people began to make up stories. The more stories are made up, the more believable they become. After that, those stories eventually are written in books... the Bible. We have over millions and millions of species of animals all over the Earth. Could two of everything really fit on Noah's Ark? Some might say that there were fewer, but as the years went by... they evolved to more species. Doesn't that contradict with the evolution theory? We either have no evolution or have evolution. If we have evolution, then it is possible that man evolved from apes. Maybe, the ark was really built... but Noah made up an excuse for it and only brought whatever animal he could find. Maybe, he built it near the ocean and knew when the tide was coming in. By then, he got lucky and floated in sea. Of course, 40 days does sound like the right amount of time for any sail-less and motor-less boat to drift through any ocean. ;) Know Howard Hughes? He built a plane big enough to carry tanks. It was a wild dream he had that became reality. Perhaps, he was like Noah. ;)

That's exactly what my hubby and Germans beleive.

They beleive that we come from apes time, not Eve and Adam.

I told my hubby that I can't image that the apes turn into human.

All what I know is cavemen was around during dinosaurs time. They all are unearth together then thousands to million years later then Adam and Eve........

Dinosaurs died out by the time man appeared on Earth.

But how dependable The Bible really is? After all, there is all sorts of religious equivalents of Christian Bible that people are ready to die for.
How can we say Bible says it all, while somebody else insist no the Quran does??
and what about older Jewish holy books? what does they say about dinosaurs?? etc.

I think the most important thing to consider here is the fact of time (as somebody tried to do that). Do you know that the higher in the air you are, the time changes?

see if you can understand the concept of time using the picture (play with it)

http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/viewtopic.php?t=70

It's pretty clear we are clueless what we see, ain't we?

so, TIME, this is the very first step that proves looking for scientific fact in Bible is, to say the least, dubious. Since we don't really know what TIME means. Or exactly what it is????

because Bible is like a huge Methaphor, looking for truths in metaphors is not only difficult but allows for a whole sort of interpretations.
What we do with the Bible- all we do is interpret it.

And you know how it is- as many minds, so many ideas.
But where is an absolute, total, undisputable, crystal clear fact- all minds think the same. Take 2+2....

Another thing to consider is - Bible is not a precise relay of God's word. Bible is complied of things that were told by PEOPLE. who as we all know have a knack for dressing up a thing here and there. This alone make me suspicious about how accurate the Bible is pertaining to God's true words.

yet another thing to consider about Bible is that it while it may seem to be very simple compilation of stories and God's messages, actually about the meaning of what is written there quite a sophisticated philosophers are still pondering about.

Who are we, simple folks, to interpret such a mysterious document?

Fuzzy

ps- who's heard of the Bible Code- the real one by :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0684810794/103-3082798-2543069?v=glance

Daft said:
Dinosaurs died out by the time man appeared on Earth.
Dinosaurs were there when Job was here on the earth in his lifetime.

Audiofuzzy said:
Out of curiosity I went to just but one site to see how many animals are mentioned in the Bible.
http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/animals.html

so, does that mean the rest which is NOT mentioned is our imagination because they are not in the Bible?

Fuzzy

Well, It's Christian author who wrote those bible. This is his/her belief to use scriptures to create his/her image.

It's hard to beleive that dinosaurs & humans were on earth at the same time. Dinosaurs would ate humans up and destory their homes with their foot... impossible...

It didnt say how big they are... just big animal or monster animal... which it could be mean is elephant, griffith lions, hippo, gorilla, ??? "monster" could be crocs., sharks, whale etc???

During dinosaurs time, there're no homes but caves...

Askjo said:
Dinosaurs were there when Job was here on the earth in his lifetime.

What's the reason the God create dinosaurs to share with humans because they are too big for humans/animal? What's special about them? Why large?

I was taught to know about dinosaurs... God create dinosaurs and cavemen and don't like it and let earth to drown them to death... then create better one is human Adam.........

"Well, It's Christian author who wrote those bible."

HUH???? Moses, the person who wrote Genesis was a Christian???

Dinosaurs died out long before Adam and Eve. Book of Job has no mention of any dinosaurs; however, it does mention Behomoth which is another word for hippo.

Daft said:
"Well, It's Christian author who wrote those bible."

HUH???? Moses, the person who wrote Genesis was a Christian???

Check bottom of Fuzzy's link

WebBible Encyclopedia... a free service of Eden Communications (provider of ChristianAnswers.Net)
Copyright 2000, Eden Communications.
Editor: Paul S. Taylor. Articles and definitions are written by a variety of experts, including Matthew G. Easton and others..

http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/animals.html

Author: Paul S. Taylor
http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/dinosaur.html

That's what I mean is Paul's opinion/image. He took real Scriptures to build his images/opinion That's why I do not accept Author's image/opinion. ;)

Dinosaurs died out long before Adam and Eve. Book of Job has no mention of any dinosaurs; however, it does mention Behomoth which is another word for hippo.

Exactly

Moses was a Jew. In fact, all of the writers of Scripture were Jews. New Testament writers were followers of Christ and still retained their identity as Jewish.

Daft said:
Moses was a Jew. In fact, all of the writers of Scripture were Jews. New Testament writers were followers of Christ and still retained their identity as Jewish.

Yes but I think you didn't get what I try to explain in my early post.

Check this link who author Paul S. Taylor really is. He himself is a Christian who translate Jew scriptures and also create his image/opinion what the word of scriptures mean is.

A ministry of Films for Christ - >a nondenominational, non-profit, evangelistic ministry active for over 40 years - Executive Director: Paul S. Taylor - specializing in cost-effective evangelism and discipleship through mass media, including the Internet, television, and the production, translation, and worldwide distribution of Christian motion pictures and literature. They provide Christian biblical answers to contemporary questions.

http://www.ghg.net/clbc/links.htm

We have authors of different beliefs who wrote different images/opinion to translate on real scriptures.

These people are NOT authors of Scripture. These are simply people with various opinions on what the real authors of Scripture have to say.

Daft said:
These people are NOT authors of Scripture. These are simply people with various opinions on what the real authors of Scripture have to say.

I never say they are authors of Scripture. I say they USE real scripture to create (write) their OWN image/opinion in the bible. Got it?

Liebling,

You wrote "Well, It's Christian author who wrote those bible." I replied, no Christian authored any Bible. The writers were all Jewish.

Liebling:-))) said:
What's the reason the God create dinosaurs to share with humans because they are too big for humans/animal? What's special about them? Why large?
Food! People on the earth ate them.

"Food! People on the earth ate them."

Hard to eat something that's already extinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back