What do you carry daily

cellphone with text (A must for the deaf, don't want to be stranded anywhere and you can't hear the phone), batteries, and that's it.

just my sidekick lx 2009. i keep some HA batteries in my desk at work and on my desk at home, and if I'm traveling I make sure to bring a pack.. but for the most part daily, just the sidekick.

just my sidekick lx 2009. i keep some HA batteries in my desk at work and on my desk at home, and if I'm traveling I make sure to bring a pack.. but for the most part daily, just the sidekick.

i so want the lx cool

cellphone with text (A must for the deaf, don't want to be stranded anywhere and you can't hear the phone), batteries, and that's it.

yeah i agree i just have to quit putting my batteries in my pocket cause i forget they are there :hmm:

iCom is from phonak..it's bluetooth streamer and audio streamer and zoomlink is another FM system from phonak

Yup, what she said. iCom is fantastic for talking on the phone and beaming call to both hearing aids. But I've stopped talking on the phone entirely, so it doesn't do me any good. Perhaps in an emergency situation.

The Zoomlink FM mic has three directional settings for picking up sound (hence the "zoom" in name). I can focus it on a very small area, like if someone wears it around their neck and I only want to hear them, or it can be very broad, so I can put it in the middle of a meeting table and it will pick up everyone's voice. Great idea in theory, but it's performance is less than satisfactory, IMO.

For the money they cost (500 for iCom, several thousand for Zoomlink), neither are worth it, I feel. I think Phonak products are subpar compared to Oticon, Widex, etc. Sound quality is abysmal on the FM and music streaming.

But if VR or someone will pay for it, they are worth getting. They do help in certain situations.

I carry my purse. Inside is my wallet, batteries, BlackBerry,pack of gum, and whatever else ends up in it.

WriteAlix; any information on someone that has both ha and ci and having music/sound/phone? coming to both from one unit. I have phonak and it's great with HA but does not connect to CI. wonder if anyone reading this has some suggestions/answers to this problem. thanks

WriteAlix; any information on someone that has both ha and ci and having music/sound/phone? coming to both from one unit. I have phonak and it's great with HA but does not connect to CI. wonder if anyone reading this has some suggestions/answers to this problem. thanks

Sorry, Rampratt. I have no idea about this. I'm sure it is possible to connect to both a CI and a HA with one bluetooth input device. The thing is, the iCom does not connect to the HA using bluetooth, but rather a stupid little antenna loop that goes around the neck (very very OLD technology), which must be matched specifically to the HA at factory. I don't understand why HA manufactures are still doing this crap when much more powerful and efficient wireless technology exists. So, you'd have to have an iCom or similar device that can pair with both the CI and the HA. One might exist, but I'm sure it will cost you an arm and a leg.

Good luck in your search!

I am sure the iCom will be able to pair with the CI's in the future as fm systems can but just not yet unfortunately

I am sure the iCom will be able to pair with the CI's in the future as fm systems can but just not yet unfortunately

My FM is routed to the HAs through the iCom (that little square link chip plugs into the iCom instead of the HA itself), so if the iCom can pair with a CI, so will the FM. As a universal hub, the iCom is actually a pretty good piece of equipment.

i know the fm can pair with iCom but iCom alone will not pair with a CI (for the phone etc) that is what i meant

i know the fm can pair with iCom but iCom alone will not pair with a CI (for the phone etc) that is what i meant

alicia so when i get my new hearing aids what are the best to go with for my loss i will tell you my results i go on friday eekkkk lol...and do they all come with remote and i dont think i can use the phhone because of like maybe not read their lips hmmm cause i texts alotz

I put one package of batteries in the small pocket in my purse if I need a new batteries when I am out somewhere. I also put papers and pens in case if I have to communicate with some hearies. I have some other stuff in my purse. I never own cellphone or any kind of technologies to carry around with. My husband owns a cellphone, that's it. :cool2:

I've got a small handbag - in there I have purse ( has money and cards inside , plus a piece of topstick tape ) and another metal wallet with CI gadgetry ( long coil , long coil pouch , spare short coil , battery cage , the spare rechargeable battery , Phone cord , mp3 PAC and the babyworn cord and a pack of disposable batteries ).I also have at least two pens and a small notebooks - either for communicating or writing down appointments.

Funny nobody mentioned CI patient card ( for the people that have CI )

Being stone deaf, no HA or CI, all I carry is my black wallet, my car/house keys and of course my Dog....Feel lucky I don't have to keep up with all those batteries everyone is talking about! Must get expensive....Used to carry the "full shebang"....large purse w/everything imaginable in it. I got to the point to where I thought, what the hell am I doing with all this junk?
I never carry cash! Keep a small brush in my car console, that's about it.

Back