What do you carry daily

WriteAlix; any information on someone that has both ha and ci and having music/sound/phone? coming to both from one unit. I have phonak and it's great with HA but does not connect to CI. wonder if anyone reading this has some suggestions/answers to this problem. thanks

Rampratt, your avatar is so adorable!!! Just had to tell you that!

When I wore aids few years ago I just carry my mobile and cash. I never carried batteries cos Mum always do! (up to aged 16) Lol. If I am alone (and after 16) and it goes dead, no big deal.

I am sure the iCom will be able to pair with the CI's in the future as fm systems can but just not yet unfortunately

Right now, MyLink+ (or microlink for CI freedom brand) can work with Cochlear implant. But it work as a Telecoil technology than bluetooth.

mylink with headphones round my neck and smartlink round my neck i cant wait to get my wheelchair trays.

Can a CI processor take an ordinary 3-pin direct input connector? I use Bluetooth on my phone with a standard Sony headphones set, but because it has a 3mm jack on it you can change it for any headphones you want. I then put a personal stereo to hearing aid DAI lead into the 3mm connector and voila, Bluetooth cellphone to hearing aids for about £40 (cost of connector and the leads). I know some speech processors have an adaptor you can use to plug certain things in like FM modules and if it did that with a standard 3-pin you could have a hearing aid on one side of the lead and the CI processor on the other side of the lead.

It's not "wireless" in the way the streamers are that you hang round your neck, but it's wireless from the cellphone, all you have to wear is the tiny little clip about the size of an AA battery and the wire plugged into the aids and then you can move around freely. Because I can switch programs with this all wired in I don't have to pull anything out to switch between listening to the wire and listening to people nearby. I wish I could get connected to the home phone as well as this!

Music players are that small these days I often wonder why they are not an add-on option to have inside your hearing aid!

I just don't get it why we can't make things that stream directly into the hearing aid, rather than via a device. A standard Bluetooth headset is no bigger than a hearing aid and most of the components are duplicates. I don't get why these things that say they are bluetooth capable always mean by hanging stuff around your neck! I don't see how that's progress.

I don't know, but I would be freak out if people can tapped in my hearing aids. So in a way, I'm glad these things are not build in.

I just carry spare batteries. I have a cell phone but I use that for actually talking with others (I don't text).

I'm hoh and being lazy lately so I haven't worn my aids, I just take my purse and my phone, and door key, when I go anywhere.

Wallets, Batteries and blackberry phone. These that I can't live without it!! I forgot to bring my battery to school once. I learnt my lesson now on :)

I carry extra batts (occasionally, more often I'll remember the hearing aid CASE just in case the batteries die) :D as well as my phone and my EasyLink. If I'm at school chances are you've got the easylink in my pocket, batteries in the backpack, and, if I forgot to charge the EL the night before, the charger so I can charge during lunch/pride. I also carry a Y jack (so, for example, two people can listen to one ipod) as well as an audio cord (can plug into the adapter piece on my EL to plug into TV, Computer, Ipod, etc.) . Admittedly, however, you're more likely to find me without any of it at all :D

I must be OCD.... I have my purse which is like one of those mini suitcases... so:
spare batteries (1 to 2 packs)
cleaning kit and hard case
umbrella
wallet
stamps
girlie needs
sunglasses and kit
meds
comb
gum
lip gloss x3 (one is for my daughter)
lotion
checkbook
calander
Iphone
Autism awareness business cards
stamps
extra change for tolls
tic tacs
nail file
baby wipes
business cards for all my docs (never know)
I am sure there is more...... I have a preschooler... so like a lollipop or stickers from the bank

OOOH and two different sets of keys. One to the car and one for everything else since my dad swore that too much weight on my car ignition would damage it.

I guess being retired does make one's life less complicated re: what to carry on one's person. Don't own a cell phone though do have a TTY phone- at home.( yeah I know can hear the dial tone but not anyone speaking) I understand from Sunnybrook-Cochlear Implant section-Toronto- many of their "clients" are in the same boat.Still access the Relay Service-711. Don't carry spare batteries-use rechargeable - for the last 3 years. In the past had to carry spare batteries when I used my Phonak Hearing Aid.

Advanced Bionics-Harmony Atria activated Aug/07

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

My phone, keys, wallet and my cute little belly. :lol:

for me, I have the back up hearing aid which is shown in my avatar that are dead right now, size 13 batteries and that's it!

I also carry around the FM system in school
and what's inside my rustbucket where I keep the FM equipment in are the batteries, charger for the FM, the manual, the tagline necklace I used for my old transmitter, the blue case where I kept my FM receivers in and a bag of receivers for my backup sets which doesn't work.

keys (which my keychain has a battery holder), sidekick if i remember it, Smartlink and money; all inside my purse. usually the purse acquires a pen and post-it pad too.
*EQL*

what do you carry daily for your hearing loss? like batteries.....
its funny because i keep things in my pocket and i washed my batteries...
what are the basic necesseties for a deaf person a must have when traveling daily

my cousin is deaf but she rarely uses hearing aids she relies on interpreters and paper but i just want to get advice here to see other peoples perceptions

I carry a gun. NEver know when one is gonna sneak up on ya

what do you carry daily for your hearing loss? like batteries.....
its funny because i keep things in my pocket and i washed my batteries...
what are the basic necesseties for a deaf person a must have when traveling daily

my cousin is deaf but she rarely uses hearing aids she relies on interpreters and paper but i just want to get advice here to see other peoples perceptions

I carry a full set of batteries (includes 6 batteries) and a small plastic gray thing that looks like it is for glasses to hold, but is really for CI, to keep CI dry (it is specifically designed to keep CIs safe and dry) when not wearing them, and my mp3 player cable that is designed for my CI. I carry them all around the time in my purse or in my backpack. I also carry a lot of other things in the backpack as well. ID, 2 forms of insurance, back-up spare medications in small bottles, girl things (when it's that time), sidekick 3, checkbook, cash, paper and pens, sunglasses case, a Jacqueline Sheehan book, a can of soda or NOS energy drink, some cherry LiveSavers (I buy cherry ones only as it's my favorite fruit flavor). and a small calender so I can keep track of my appointments and other events, and stuff like that.

I must be OCD.... I have my purse which is like one of those mini suitcases... so:
spare batteries (1 to 2 packs)
cleaning kit and hard case
umbrella
wallet
stamps
girlie needs
sunglasses and kit
meds
comb
gum
lip gloss x3 (one is for my daughter)
lotion
checkbook
calander
Iphone
Autism awareness business cards
stamps
extra change for tolls
tic tacs
nail file
baby wipes
business cards for all my docs (never know)
I am sure there is more...... I have a preschooler... so like a lollipop or stickers from the bank

OOOH and two different sets of keys. One to the car and one for everything else since my dad swore that too much weight on my car ignition would damage it.

Do you keep the business cards in a business card holder (a book where you can insert all cards into sections in the book, sort of like a baseball card holder but is half the size of that)? I keep mine in a business card holder but I leave it at home because all the doctors names and addresses are in my calender book in my backpack. I don't keep my keys in my backpack, I latch it onto my jeans belt loop, or on a lanyard, and if I get another purse, I usually latch them onto the purse handles. That way I do not lose my keys and I won't have to shake the backpack out just to find my keys. I do have another purse but that one is for special event because it is faux (fake) black fur (I found the pretty thing in the thrift store, SCORE!) and I don't want it to get all dirty and stuff so it's for special fancy events where I have to wear a dress or a nice top and a skirt and dress shoes. I'll have to go back to the thrift store soon to get another proper purse for all purposes.

Back