What do you agree that Sex-offender parents pose dilemma for schools?

Should parents who are registered sex offenders be allowed on school grounds?

• No, registered sex offenders should be banned.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Yes, banning registered sex offenders is an unfair because it belongs past.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • No, parent's criminal background has nothing do with school authority.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Yes, parent's criminal background should be focus by school authority.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I don't know/not sure

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Others

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
Here's a suggested alternative to life-long sexual offender registry:

Just keep the offenders locked up forever; then they won't be required to register as sexual offenders.

Just keep the offenders locked up forever; then they won't be required to register as sexual offenders.
:giggle:

I am not sure if this was a joke or not, but this is not a good idea. How would you feel if you was driving for long miles on the road, you somehow REALLY need to pee, so you stop on the shoulder of the road and walk to the grassfield so that you can take a piss, suddenly a 16 years old boy was driving pass and saw you, he was so much offend what you done so he decide to call the police on you and set you up as sex offender, you did fight but they would never believe you till they finally locked you up forever.

Sorry, the sex offender is not THAT serious case unless it was involved with the violence, but violence is STILL does not suit this idea.

How would you feel if you was very mad at your husband because he refuse to pay the bills and kept getting drunk every night, till you finally expressed your anger, you slap his balls. Thus he called the police and police locked you up forever as sex offender assault, just for slap his balls?

Sorry this does not sounds right to me.

I am not sure if this was a joke or not, but this is not a good idea. How would you feel if you was driving for long miles on the road, you somehow REALLY need to pee, so you stop on the shoulder of the road and walk to the grassfield so that you can take a piss, suddenly a 16 years old boy was driving pass and saw you, he was so much offend what you done so he decide to call the police on you and set you up as sex offender, you did fight but they would never believe you till they finally locked you up forever.

Sorry, the sex offender is not THAT serious case unless it was involved with the violence, but violence is STILL does not suit this idea.

How would you feel if you was very mad at your husband because he refuse to pay the bills and kept getting drunk every night, till you finally expressed your anger, you slap his balls. Thus he called the police and police locked you up forever as sex offender assault, just for slap his balls?

Sorry this does not sounds right to me.

And exactly how would you feel if you, as an 8 year old girl, had been sexually assaulted and your school didn't want to believe it happened.

How would you feel if you, as an 11 year old boy, had been raped by another man but you were too afraid to report it so you just went to pieces instead.

How would you feel, as a teenage student, if you had gone out with a guy who then raped you but the college refused to even take you seriously because you were known to have a bit of a reputation and the guy in question was one of their star pupils.

There are a lot of cases of sexual abuse going unreported or simply not believed so I have apsolutely NO sympathy for sexual offences.

And exactly how would you feel if you, as an 8 year old girl, had been sexually assaulted and your school didn't want to believe it happened.

How would you feel if you, as an 11 year old boy, had been raped by another man but you were too afraid to report it so you just went to pieces instead.

How would you feel, as a teenage student, if you had gone out with a guy who then raped you but the college refused to even take you seriously because you were known to have a bit of a reputation and the guy in question was one of their star pupils.

There are a lot of cases of sexual abuse going unreported or simply not believed so I have apsolutely NO sympathy for sexual offences.

Exactly.

wow. interesting topics. There are half of sex offenders are not actual as of sex offenders. Depend on the state. Bec many cases gone out of whack and to extreme. Like I shared before, there are some as of sex offenders are not rapist or any sex relating. Lot of charge as sex offenders as of indecent exposures, like pull over the highway who need to go to bathroom so bad or in shower room a fellow got out of the shower and somehow unexpected a kid enter or sometimes the blind or a curtain isnt shut completely. whatever the minors see your private part, you are automatic charged as of sex offender is up the the child's parents decision. I do agree, many have been misusing people by charging them as of sex offenders. As i see what has been going on, it is horrible thing to do. If you havent watch dvd called "Woodman" by Kevin Bacon, it is good idea to watch and see the idea what has happen and it is a true story. People who been labeled as of sex offenders who some who really arent is the most abusive and uncalled for which innocent ones lost their job, home and hard place to live which many commit suicide. Yes, we should be cautious about certain people we know, not everyone of them. I have few friends who are sex offenders, but 2 of them are not actual sex offenders and I say its totally unjustly to do so.

The debate in question is not about the guilt or innocence of the people in question. It is not about the fairness of sexual offence laws. The debate in question is about whether or not convicted sex offenders should be allowed to attend school functions.

The debate in question is not about the guilt or innocence of the people in question. It is not about the fairness of sexual offence laws. The debate in question is about whether or not convicted sex offenders should be allowed to attend school functions.

:gpost: Thank you.

wow. interesting topics. There are half of sex offenders are not actual as of sex offenders. Depend on the state. Bec many cases gone out of whack and to extreme. Like I shared before, there are some as of sex offenders are not rapist or any sex relating. Lot of charge as sex offenders as of indecent exposures, like pull over the highway who need to go to bathroom so bad or in shower room a fellow got out of the shower and somehow unexpected a kid enter or sometimes the blind or a curtain isnt shut completely. whatever the minors see your private part, you are automatic charged as of sex offender is up the the child's parents decision. I do agree, many have been misusing people by charging them as of sex offenders. As i see what has been going on, it is horrible thing to do. If you havent watch dvd called "Woodman" by Kevin Bacon, it is good idea to watch and see the idea what has happen and it is a true story. People who been labeled as of sex offenders who some who really arent is the most abusive and uncalled for which innocent ones lost their job, home and hard place to live which many commit suicide. Yes, we should be cautious about certain people we know, not everyone of them. I have few friends who are sex offenders, but 2 of them are not actual sex offenders and I say its totally unjustly to do so.

Yes I know what you mean...

They should do something instead of stamp 18 years old as sex offender for have sex with 17 years old which mean is destory his life that's because the mother of 17 years old girl press the charge against him... :(

I would not do that... I only do if my children are being force to have sex or rape...

DUI and sex crimes are not the same crime. The penalties are not the same. DUI convicts don't get put on the sexual offender registry. Their temptation is booze, not kids.

Sex offenders don't get sent to alcohol rehab, and drunks don't get put on sexual offenders registries.

True. But a sexual offender is not necessarily a pedophile, either. And, they do get sent to rehab. There are clinics that specialize in the treatment of sexual offenders.

But mostly I was referring to the fact that you used "criminals" in a generic way that could imply that all criminals fall into the same category.

Sexual offender registries are not set up at "punishment"; they are set up as protection for the public.

I'm not talking about registries....I'm talking about preventing him from attending his child's school fucntions. Of course, he should be registered, but the intent of the registry is to provide warning and awareness.....not discrimination.

A person been labeled as a sex offender is not important as much as individual are doing. To me, I rather for them check the reason for being a sex offender and the purpose, not just looking at the label, bec not all are ""real"" sex offender, but i say as of "accusing". I say yes they can do in school as long as not in danger to the kids. Those who are sex offenders are actually not always danger to the kids, it isnt right for throw all of the them out from school even if its been "accused" or a person has no choice to plead guilty, bec if not, they go to prison bec a kid saw a wanky and that bring end of story. Who ridiculous that be and I say nauseating.

I'm not talking about registries....I'm talking about preventing him from attending his child's school fucntions. Of course, he should be registered, but the intent of the registry is to provide warning and awareness.....not discrimination.
The posted article referred to registered sex offenders:

"Some districts, especially larger ones, often do not have the resources or time to deal with decisions about parents who are registered sex offenders, so they are banned altogether, Casey said."

Also, if they're not registered, how would the schools even know whether a parent was a sex offender?

Sex offenders give up their rights when they break the law. If they were concerned about being good parents then they wouldn't have broken the law in the first place.

They made their choices, and they have to live with the consequences. It is sad that their choices hurt other people but that's the problem with making wrong choices--the consequences are deep and wide.

I really wish you would think before making a statement like that. Because, sometimes these so-called sex offenders are really innocent. It has happened way too many times to be able to say, "Oh, that is very rare". Many people are falsly accused.

Liebling,

I put not sure. Because this topic really hits close to home for me. Although in my house it wasnt an adult accused but a child.

The sex-offender registry is really not a good thing to have. These people whether if innocent and falsly accused OR truly guilty, has still paid their debt to society and earned their freedom.

The registry does nothing more than to take their right to a life away from them. You can say all you want about how they gave up their rights. But when the debt has been paid, their rights should be returned to them.

I would say the registry SHOULD be for repeat offenders only. Unfortunately that is not the case.

I do not see how banning them from the schools is gonna take care of the problem. And besides, if these people at the schools and the parents are doing their jobs, then the kids, would be safe even if a sex offender did attend functions.

I really wish you would think before making a statement like that. Because, sometimes these so-called sex offenders are really innocent. It has happened way too many times to be able to say, "Oh, that is very rare". Many people are falsly accused.

But, but, but, Bearie, how are ya gonna spot an innocent person?

But, but, but, Bearie, how are ya gonna spot an innocent person?

2C unfortunately you dont. When even the system can't. But my point was, is that even so thhey were found guilty of it, does not make them automatically a sex offender.

I could tell you a story that would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. But I won't because that story is a very personal one.

And also, not all sex offenders go on to re-offend. They paid their debt, let them live is my motto. If they re-offend, then they should be on the registry and banned from being around children for life at any time, any where.

It's not perfect, and you may say why another child? Why should they have to suffer?

But, at the same time, you think about this. In MANY areas they are trying to ban sex offenders out the counties. They say they cant live here or there. Also how many get killed, simply, because they are on the registry?

What if it was you? Either rightfully or falsly accused? How would you feel, after spending your time in prison and paying your debt, upon getting out, being told you gave up all rights to even try to live a life, when you decided to offend?

Think about it. Someday it MAY BE YOU. ANY one of you. I know I'm living that nightmare now.

Well, I would never give a sex offenders a second chance because they can't be trusted around children or around women that been raped. Sex offenders are not really cure as they think. But the dangers is still there. Every child can still be at risk if there a sex offenders in the area in your home, the school and even online as well. They are dangerous sexual predators. So to me they are consider dangerous to the children. The child molester who is not known by the victim may use a variety of methods to gain access or gain the confidence of the victim. He may use force, fear, bribery, or tricks. He may pretend or appear to be friendly and trustworthy. Often he gains access to children in public places, such as playgrounds, parks or shopping malls. Through the experience of law enforcement investigators, treatment providers, and research, some common behavioral indicators have been identified and are described below. The widespread misconception that child molestation consists solely of children being seized from the street and forcibly molested couldn’t be farther from the truth. Although these incidents do occur, the vast majority of child molesters are adults who seduce children through subtle intimidation and persuasion and are known to the child. So don't be fool by a sex offenders who says they change or cured. I would not leave my child or any child alone with a sex offenders. I would never trust their words comes out of their mouth. So, sorry I don't give them second chances.

Well, I would never give a sex offenders a second chance because they can't be trusted around children or around women that been raped. Sex offenders are not really cure as they think. But the dangers is still there. Every child can still be at risk if there a sex offenders in the area in your home, the school and even online as well. They are dangerous sexual predators. So to me they are consider dangerous to the children. The child molester who is not known by the victim may use a variety of methods to gain access or gain the confidence of the victim. He may use force, fear, bribery, or tricks. He may pretend or appear to be friendly and trustworthy. Often he gains access to children in public places, such as playgrounds, parks or shopping malls. Through the experience of law enforcement investigators, treatment providers, and research, some common behavioral indicators have been identified and are described below. The widespread misconception that child molestation consists solely of children being seized from the street and forcibly molested couldn’t be farther from the truth. Although these incidents do occur, the vast majority of child molesters are adults who seduce children through subtle intimidation and persuasion and are known to the child. So don't be fool by a sex offenders who says they change or cured. I would not leave my child or any child alone with a sex offenders. I would never trust their words comes out of their mouth. So, sorry I don't give them second chances.

I respect that GTM, but you see this topic hits very close to home for me.

My son who was 12 years old at the time was also accused of a sexual offense. He too is considered a sex offender. He has spent 4 years of his childhood locked up. And he faces the possibility of being locked up till his 21st birthday.

The only thing that saved him from having to REGISTER as a sex-offender was his age.

The funny thing is he is innocent and I know he is. I know most of you will say ofc you would say that your his mother. But in this case its not. Im not gonna share his story here. But several people know it and they will tell you the same. Even my son's foster mother agrees he was innocent.

He didnt rape someone. He didnt have sex with someone. But he is still considered a sex offender.

I would just like for everyone to consider what they think or say in connection to a sex offender. Did you know that if you are accused of sexual harrassment that SOMETIMES they require you to register? Did you know that if you made inappropiate advances towards someone that you have to register as a sex offender? Its not always involving children.

Im not trying to change your opinion on sex offenders I just wanna show you why my opinion is as it is.

If people found out that my son was in a sex offender facility for the last 4 years, they would try to shove me out of my home, by saying they dont want a sex offender in the area. They would try to shove my son out of school by saying they dont want a child like him in their kids school. Why? He didnt rape anybody. He didnt hurt another child. But yet 4 years of his life was taken from him. Must the rest of his life be taken from him too?

Back