What do you agree that Sex-offender parents pose dilemma for schools?

Should parents who are registered sex offenders be allowed on school grounds?

• No, registered sex offenders should be banned.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Yes, banning registered sex offenders is an unfair because it belongs past.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • No, parent's criminal background has nothing do with school authority.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Yes, parent's criminal background should be focus by school authority.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I don't know/not sure

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Others

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
I voted that has nothing with school authroity.

This school need taking care of students, not parent.

Sorry but the school has a moral oblication to protect children from monsters who are likely to sexually abuse them. I'm just amazed that they let him see his child after what has happened. People seem more concerned about the rights of the criminal then the rights of the victim. I don't think this is right.

What if the kids didn't lie? Do you want to take that chance with your kids?

We're talking about people who have already been thru the court process and convicted of a crime. These are not people who have been simply accused.

That's just my opinion.

I agree. I also know where cases of sexual abuse/rape HAVE taken place but the victim wasn't believed.

My Friends daughter was raped only because she had a bit of a reputation the police refused to believe her and she just got told off for wasting police time. She was told that if she said she hadn't been raped after all it would be better for her and because she was really confused at the time she actually let it happen.

However I personally believe that she was raped. She lost a good job over this and really went to pieces. I also know that smart rapists know full well that if they only rape scantly dressed women or woman who are known to have a reputation nobody will believe the women after it happens so they can get away scot free.

Here's another one...and the answer might surprise some of you: What is the cure rate of sex offenders?

Will castrate cure for sex offenders ?

Castrate? LMAO!!! Sorry I think it's funny... Yeah I heard there is some of men was castrated because they can't take control of their penis.

Sex offenders give up their rights when they break the law. If they were concerned about being good parents then they wouldn't have broken the law in the first place.

They made their choices, and they have to live with the consequences. It is sad that their choices hurt other people but that's the problem with making wrong choices--the consequences are deep and wide.

I was going to say the same thing but I saw your post. My thoughts exactly!

But what if they were innocent?...as kids do lie...

Oh well but the school is responsible for the kids and the kids' safety comes first. The schools dont have the time to worry about if the convicted were really innocent or not.

I don't think this is real issue here. In the United States, if parent is found to be SO(Sex offender), they will be barred from seeing their own kids, and allow supervisory visit on their child. So it is moot point here.

What does this means is that whenever parent found to be SO, the court will ultimate seperate the child from him or her. So either by having spouse or other parent take full custody, if this is not workable, then will force up for adoption and hopefully nearest available relative.

That only holds true if the offender is a convicted child sex offender. The article only said he had been convicted of rape, not of rape of a child.

He obviously has contact with his children,and is attepting to make changes in his life and be a good provider and productive citizen. I think htat arrangements should be amde to allow him to attend his children's school functions under supervision, if the school is concerned about safety.

Sex offenders give up their rights when they break the law. If they were concerned about being good parents then they wouldn't have broken the law in the first place.

They made their choices, and they have to live with the consequences. It is sad that their choices hurt other people but that's the problem with making wrong choices--the consequences are deep and wide.

Perhaps he was convicted prior to having a family. Looks like this might be a case of the criminal justice system actually working and turning out a rehabilitated individual. That is a rare occurrance.

Here's another one...and the answer might surprise some of you: What is the cure rate of sex offenders?

Very, very low. Because sex offenses actually have nothing to do with sex, but with control, domination, and violence.

Perhaps he was convicted prior to having a family. Looks like this might be a case of the criminal justice system actually working and turning out a rehabilitated individual. That is a rare occurrance.

Yea but worth the risk? I guess I dont have much faith in criminals..

What if the kids didn't lie? Do you want to take that chance with your kids?

We're talking about people who have already been thru the court process and convicted of a crime. These are not people who have been simply accused.

That's just my opinion.

In that case, should a parent who was convicted of DUI be forbidden from attending his child's school functions?

Yea but worth the risk? I guess I dont have much faith in criminals..

Exactly. Which is why I say allow him to attend with supervision. And the criminal code says that once the sentence is served, the criminal has paid his debt. To continue to punish him is contrary to that.

Will castrate cure for sex offenders ?

No, it won't. Rape is not a crime of sexuality, it is a crime of domination, control, and violence. If a rapist can't offend with his penis, he will use another object to accomplish the task.

I agree. I cannot tolerate sex offenders at all.

In that case, should a parent who was convicted of DUI be forbidden from attending his child's school functions?
DUI and sex crimes are not the same crime. The penalties are not the same. DUI convicts don't get put on the sexual offender registry. Their temptation is booze, not kids.

Sex offenders don't get sent to alcohol rehab, and drunks don't get put on sexual offenders registries.

Exactly. Which is why I say allow him to attend with supervision. And the criminal code says that once the sentence is served, the criminal has paid his debt. To continue to punish him is contrary to that.
Sexual offender registries are not set up at "punishment"; they are set up as protection for the public.

Got a good point there..

Oh well but the school is responsible for the kids and the kids' safety comes first. The schools dont have the time to worry about if the convicted were really innocent or not.

Oh I know that Shel90, that why I'm having such a hard time with this issue cause of what happened to a friend of mine....

Back