What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really! Do that mean he'll be 97 next year? Do you mulitply by 7 years?

Well, that is the old tradition, but I think they changed the formula. I always like the old one though because I feel so good and happy that I gave my pets such a long life. :)

I learned more ASL, some meaningful details, that teachers can be really irresponsible sometimes and that some people have really stiff fingers lol!

Botti & LoveBlue-

The bread is very good. Family loves it. I find it a little sweet, but it may be because I have not had any bread for 3-4 weeks.

Botti & LoveBlue-

The bread is very good. Family loves it. I find it a little sweet, but it may be because I have not had any bread for 3-4 weeks.

Well that's a good start. It can be really hard to find things you like on specialized diets.

I went to bed last night because I was so tired ... and I was so upset to learn that this deaf friend did talk to her deaf friends about me, like behind my back whom I made friends with while I was at church yesterday. I thought everything was fine... Another deaf person said to me "hi Sosie, how are you? I haven't seen you for a while.. and she went on.. and I told her that I was sick for the last two weeks, etc... She said yeah, this friend told me that. She already knew but I don't understand why she asked me about this. How could this friend do this to me? I don't trust anyone... Maybe I should leave here and there... I will not make new friends here and there... Maybe you all are right that I am worthless...

You are not worthless! You are worthy!

I learned about this DJ I knew about waaaaaay back when he was just starting out and 10 years later he is doing really well. I'd love to go see him live. :D

I learned my friend who is in the hospital was transferred last week to Shands Cancer Hospital in Gainesville. She has had CT scans, ultrasounds, MRI's, X-Rays and I'm not sure what else. Results are due tomorrow including the ones from a biopsy of her bone marrow. They are also having to send in a cardiologist since her heart is now being affected. Her platelets are still low and red blood cells are also low despite being given blood and platelets daily. It is not looking good, but her spirits are up right now. She is only 50 years old.

Thanks, Botti, KristinaB and Dixie!
(Thank you for saying that I am worthy... I feel better!!!)

I am sorry that I did not mean to vent here but I was hurt, upset and angry. It was not first time. It has been for years and years. I lost my closest friends to cancer, AIDS and others move out of state. I used to hang around with them in the past. I missed them very much. I have tried to make new friends but Deafies from here prefer to be staying in touch and hang with same old friends from their deaf school and that they refuse to make new friends with me and others. (I didn't go to their school. I went and graduated from a public high school. That's why I am an outsider. I am socially isolated. And bullied, etc.. I don't know if I am in the deaf/hearing world or maybe none. I sometimes wish I have gone to a deaf school when I was a teenager but my parents sent me to a hearing school because they wanted me to be closer to them instead of a boarding deaf school.... It's sad... Again, I am very socially isolated.. I work, I travel a lot for business and pleasure... and I spend with my family a lot, whom I love very much.. and of course, I enjoy reading a book... ) I think it's ridiculous. Yes, Grummer, you are right that Deafies are gossiping and back-stabbing each other.) I told them that I was not interested in hearing about gossiping and back-stabbing, etc.. It's tooo much drama and childish and ... of course, two faced... They still do that for years and years. So, I am so fed up with them...
Maybe I should hang with my hearing friends more often. *sigh*
Again, I apologize!

Last edited:
sosie you read me wrong , read webexplorer's post...that is what i meant,
not all talking is 'bad gossip' just normal conversational gossip, nothing wrong with it.

sosie you read me wrong , read webexplorer's post...that is what i meant,
not all talking is 'bad gossip' just normal conversational gossip, nothing wrong with it.

I meant for Webexplorer. Sorry, Grummer...

Normal? You called it normal conversational gossip. Well, I am sorry that I will have to agree to disagree with you on this one. I don't like to gossip. It's not my cup of tea!!!
My hearing sister said she doesn't like to gossip, either. (She graduated from MIT years ago.... She said that people are stupid... )

I meant for Webexplorer. Sorry, Grummer...

Normal? You called it normal conversational gossip. Well, I am sorry that I will have to agree to disagree with you on this one. I don't like to gossip. It's not my cup of tea!!!
My hearing sister said she doesn't like to gossip, either. (She graduated from MIT years ago.... She said that people are stupid... )

just because she's hearing it doesnt mean she is more right than you or me. It is common sense you CANT prevent people from talking, people are social beings (mostly)...and there are a few something else which wasnt brought up, firstly people you dont know well but meet often, are called acquaintences, (read that up, i forgotten how to explain this one- just back from walking my puppy at the river), with acquintences, in commonsense you DONT confide to them on your more private, secret parts of your live with good reason for al they are acquaintances. Trust and tolerance are other concepts which needs more exploring and hence learning - it takes great skills and deal of time (and maturity)to have skills in these and even more, like experience and wisdom to know the differences, this includes that over time you gain greater ability to read characters of people, now just before you assume to know what im saying, it is NOT the same as assuming. TO NOT ASSUME is an extremely difficult thing to do, especially for me as a Deaf person (and im sure alot of ADers can associate with this, the painful part is, most of us LIKES to say 'we dont assume, we know' in false confidence, again this is from a Lack of reflection on experience(s), like do we really take it in lay it all on the table and ask ourselve what is all this? what is the familiar patterns which affect me and why it's things improving? etc etc

you are free to disagree, but also realise there is NO way you can STOP people from talking...like at Politics, we talk about them all the time (bet they hate it too , and yet at same time (depending on what it is- id bet they love the attention too, as it affects their popuarity thus to retain their positions (and their big incomes and its perks)... in a similar way its nice to be noticed (in a good way), now how can it be a bad gossip if they knew you were sick, you told one of them, and im sure they didnt go "aw , dont tell anyone she' sick" like its a big deal geeez!!, thats is ridiculous and im sure they know that too. you need to read up the meanings of "give a benefit of doubts" google that, you'd find a lot of good new ways to trust people, and at same time knowing your own erroneous false-thinking (i have had years of doing that too mind you I wasn't happy as not many freinds as as soon as I start to LIKE other people and stop believeing they hate me, it all CHANGES for the BETTER...

well i think i wrote it bit long and probably slightly personal but at same time i didnt give names and whatnot, its just im trying to make it clear by examples of my own...

well, its all really up to you, if you think church are full of evil liars, then DONT go to ChURCH!, now does that seem silly?
ok

alternatively you can tell them , its not my cup of tea to discuss this, shall we talk about crafts instead?? but like id bet you , if you did this there is sure hell no way you can stop or stop yourself to say "i know who was good at that, and they did this and it was beautiful' then at this point you'd start to realise its NOT gossip, its social...I suppose ...if you talk about other people skills from the past, or where were they from (other states, clubs/age) then ok try building up your skills talking about that AND at same you may be helping them to ease out on the rumouring...but none of this will happen over night

good luck , for what is worth they nothng wrong with your church freinds, heck you'd be feeling sorry for one of them being sick and saying welcome back and say 'i heard you were sick, hope you are feeling better now' and then would you find it strange if they went like 'what?! you were talking about ME - how dare you!" see it from the other side...
seeing all this from the other side will help you realise its not really gossiping, wel not BAD gossiping...

thats all i had to say..well im not going to waste more typing on this my fingers getting sore...

We have storms moving in right now. Central Florida was under Tornado watches earlier and hubby's cousin's son mentioned that they are having massive storms, wind and flooding right now. They are in Paisley, FL. Don't know where that is, but I know it's far enough away that we never see that cousin often.

I learned it doesn't hurt when I give myself insulin shots.

I learned nothing and I find that irritating.

:giggle: :giggle:.....welcome to the club, Dixie!

Oh but but but but but I should be learning SOMETHING! I have learned nothing today! I usually make it a point to try and learn something new everyday.

Thanks, Botti, KristinaB and Dixie!
(Thank you for saying that I am worthy... I feel better!!!)

I am sorry that I did not mean to vent here but I was hurt, upset and angry. It was not first time. It has been for years and years. I lost my closest friends to cancer, AIDS and others move out of state. I used to hang around with them in the past. I missed them very much. I have tried to make new friends but Deafies from here prefer to be staying in touch and hang with same old friends from their deaf school and that they refuse to make new friends with me and others. (I didn't go to their school. I went and graduated from a public high school. That's why I am an outsider. I am socially isolated. And bullied, etc.. I don't know if I am in the deaf/hearing world or maybe none. I sometimes wish I have gone to a deaf school when I was a teenager but my parents sent me to a hearing school because they wanted me to be closer to them instead of a boarding deaf school.... It's sad... Again, I am very socially isolated.. I work, I travel a lot for business and pleasure... and I spend with my family a lot, whom I love very much.. and of course, I enjoy reading a book... ) I think it's ridiculous. Yes, Grummer, you are right that Deafies are gossiping and back-stabbing each other.) I told them that I was not interested in hearing about gossiping and back-stabbing, etc.. It's tooo much drama and childish and ... of course, two faced... They still do that for years and years. So, I am so fed up with them...
Maybe I should hang with my hearing friends more often. *sigh*
Again, I apologize!

Of course you are worthy! God don't make no junk...and Sosie...I love ur posts...and can relate to how you are feeling, been there too! I had a hard time making deaf friends too, because I was too oral....so I undy what ur saying....hoping tomorrow you'll be feeling better and forget all this....

I learned about a woman who was born deaf and didn't learn to sign until she was 43! WOW she told me how she struggled for 43 years to communicate, so at the same time I learned I need to be more patient and quit all of my complaining :D

So glad I was able to meet her, was a big eye opener for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back