What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just learned I'm so under the weather that I don't feel like eating the skin off my roasted chicken. I have a bad cold. :shock:

I learned that teachers at a certain county here in Maryland can make over $100K a year. Wondering if I should apply to work in their deaf/hh program.

Yes. It is good to support your family without working two jobs and wearing yourself down.

I am also certain you would be a major asset to any deaf/hh program they have. :wave:

This is regarding my friend:
This was the news from Wednesday.

We got some good news about Faith today. Bone marrow biopsy came back clean, no cancer and there is no sign of pure red cell aplasia, thank God! The damage to the heart is being caused by sleep apnea, there is a possibility it can be repaired. They are moving her to the liver unit at Shands tomorrow to concentrate on the damaged liver.

This is the news from Thursday.

They are doing a Heart Catheterization tomorrow. The swelling is going down. The liver is being assessed now and the spleen will be assessed later.

I am glad to hear that Faith's condition has improved and that they have found her to be cancer free as well as having no red cell aplasia. I'm also glad they found the cause of her cardiac issues and hopefully it can be repaired with surgery once her overall condition improves. Now we just gotta pray for the liver and the spleen! Maybe we'll get all those organs covered! I wish Faith well!

I learned that Tyson had a fail today in town. A live haul truck was losing his chickens out of the top of the cage and didn't even realize it. Mom said someone had to flag the driver down and let him know. Apparently the cages were not loaded correctly causing the chickens to escape going down the road. I was at work while this happened but she came up on it and texted me. I nearly fell over laughing. I was trying to hurry up to get all of my stuff done so I could go see it for myself and get pics of the chicken rodeo in a store parking lot. By the time I arrived the only thing that remained was a parking lot full of chicken feathers. That would have made my entire week to see it and get pics. :lol: Nothing like a Tyson fail.

I learned that teachers at a certain county here in Maryland can make over $100K a year. Wondering if I should apply to work in their deaf/hh program.

If it feels right then go for it. like Botti said, you'd be an asset to any deaf program.

Tax is likely to be higher with 100k wage.

I learned that I still suck at bowling. My godmother never bowled and we went bowling for her b'day and she beat me, but mum beat us both!

Also I learned that I played slightly better with my left arm than my right arm.

Learned that an old friend had CI surgery recently.

I learned that P.R.'s sign language has more in common with ASL than with any other Spanish speaking country ( with few signs that are different ) and it's all because of politics.

I learned that P.R.'s sign language has more in common with ASL than with any other Spanish speaking country ( with few signs that are different ) and it's all because of politics.

It is because P.R. is a U.S. Territory. There is a lot of US influence there, more than the other Spanish speaking countries. We would like to welcome P.R. as a full state but however P.R. wants total independence despite the fact that they lack the leadership, financial stability and resources to be fully independent. If they were to get their independence they would rely heavily on US aid for their existence.

It is because P.R. is a U.S. Territory. There is a lot of US influence there, more than the other Spanish speaking countries. We would like to welcome P.R. as a full state but however P.R. wants total independence despite the fact that they lack the leadership, financial stability and resources to be fully independent. If they were to get their independence they would rely heavily on US aid for their existence.

With all due respect, you are wrong. A very small group wants the independence, so small in fact that the actual political party disbanded during the last elections and so far haven't heard any news of them getting the signatures needed to form again. And second, if the U.S. really wanted us to become the 51st state we would have been around 50 yrs ago.

I learned that Tyson had a fail today in town. A live haul truck was losing his chickens out of the top of the cage and didn't even realize it. Mom said someone had to flag the driver down and let him know. Apparently the cages were not loaded correctly causing the chickens to escape going down the road. I was at work while this happened but she came up on it and texted me. I nearly fell over laughing. I was trying to hurry up to get all of my stuff done so I could go see it for myself and get pics of the chicken rodeo in a store parking lot. By the time I arrived the only thing that remained was a parking lot full of chicken feathers. That would have made my entire week to see it and get pics. :lol: Nothing like a Tyson fail.

:giggle:
Wow, all those chickens wanted to prove that they do cross the road....and get flung down it too.:giggle:

I wonder what the cost of living is in that area.

learnt not a lot from my driving lesson :(

it annoys me that im such a s l o w learner :(

I learned I should have gone dairy free years ago. I am feeling so much better overall, I am not as stressed as much, I sleep a little better, no more headaches, losing weight easier and have more energy. Even the family is commenting on my better moods. Gotta go buy some coconut milk to make this next batch of bread. Trying as recipe I used a few years ago, but it calls for milk.

I learned I should have gone dairy free years ago. I am feeling so much better overall, I am not as stressed as much, I sleep a little better, no more headaches, losing weight easier and have more energy. Even the family is commenting on my better moods. Gotta go buy some coconut milk to make this next batch of bread. Trying as recipe I used a few years ago, but it calls for milk.

Rice milk works very good in baking recipes that call for milk. I never notice a difference at all in taste or texture. Just make sure to get the plain/original flavor, and not vanilla.

Rice milk works very good in baking recipes that call for milk. I never notice a difference at all in taste or texture. Just make sure to get the plain/original flavor, and not vanilla.

Mm now I have learned something new. :hmm:

Something new

WOW thanks Alex for mentioning rice milk...Kristina B I to have removed almost all dairy (there are a few exceptions) from my diet and would ask if you have tried using Tofu..in place. here is a hint take any dairy product or non dairy put a small amount in a bowl and and add compressed Tofu. a small block crumbled will do it then cover tightly and leave in fridge overnight
in the morning drain the dairy and the tofu will have absorbed the taste og what ever it was soaking in. you can keep that inthe fridge and use it whenever. I even do this with shrimp. I all the tofu and the next day I chunk the tofu add it to my recipe and have (what seems to be) twice the shrimp that i really do. It is a soy producy so careful there if you are allergy prone.
give it a try i have a blast with this stuff! Peace and Good Luck...OH..and I have learned something new today...I can function quite well with 3/4 of a brain....some of my memory is returning and i will not surrender, nor feel sorry for myself , there is no room in my heart for that..I am at Peace...M♥♥♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back