What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not using textbooks, nothing i dont have any here, its all from memory, I used to do computer science 25 years ago wanna an introduction to machine code like hexicdecimal? LOL, its fun you would learn how computers speaks binary and how chip's have switches and how the 'really work' it is nothing more than a clever planned exchange pattern to make 'machine seem alive and 'thinking' but in reality its just made to continue 'counting' for 'nothing' but its not reall 'nothing' its just there to 'serve us' none of this happened over night, all started centuries but took off, about 1840s but the machine never got completed, it failed but the started a new science and 'aim' to create machines as a perfect counting system it was very close...Ada, Byron, etc continued then came WW2, the militart wanted to create machine to crack codes, thus the ENIAC was created, instead of mechanical means of clocks'cogs it used vacuum valves and ran electronically... then war finished then the space race came along they made computer smaller and smaller as they had to have a small one sent with the rocket (weight was the problem)...so it just started get more advanced , yet all that time the idea computers real working still relys on 1's and 0's (on of off iin the electronic signals), but to make it easier for scientists, computer makers to handle the millions of 1,0's to avoid insanity, they used pure maths theorys so they chose octal, hexidecimal as a way of handling all this...

yes painful stuff! but thats 'idea' of the nitty gritty behind the use of those weird counting system, but then again counting system is so useful, and so un magical BUT it does have 'a magical phenomena to it' pretty much how you look at it...

I learned that I really don't like this particular bread recipe. Will have to find mine in the garage.

I just learned orange light on front of my laptop means its running out of power.

The specific recipe. I followed it exactly, but I ended up having to use more flour (2 cups more) than called for. It just doesn't seem to have the right feel. We will see how it tastes later. It is still rising.

Probably will be very dense. I used to bake lots of bread by hand in my youth and some are just wetter and looser, and meant to be that way.

want more explanation or examples? i can give it

I do have a working knowledge about the hexidecimal system. I was joking a bit about the hexicemcial system. Trying to do calculations in my head is painful for me.

I learned that I am already so tired... I am going to bed now...

Have a cozy night!

I went to bed last night because I was so tired ... and I was so upset to learn that this deaf friend did talk to her deaf friends about me, like behind my back whom I made friends with while I was at church yesterday. I thought everything was fine... Another deaf person said to me "hi Sosie, how are you? I haven't seen you for a while.. and she went on.. and I told her that I was sick for the last two weeks, etc... She said yeah, this friend told me that. She already knew but I don't understand why she asked me about this. How could this friend do this to me? I don't trust anyone... Maybe I should leave here and there... I will not make new friends here and there... Maybe you all are right that I am worthless...

Bread is out of the oven and smells heavenly. Can't wait to try it. May change mind about recipe. I already know I like my usual one.

I went to bed last night because I was so tired ... and I was so upset to learn that this deaf friend did talk to her deaf friends about me, like behind my back whom I made friends with while I was at church yesterday. I thought everything was fine... Another deaf person said to me "hi Sosie, how are you? I haven't seen you for a while.. and she went on.. and I told her that I was sick for the last two weeks, etc... She said yeah, this friend told me that. She already knew but I don't understand why she asked me about this. How could this friend do this to me? I don't trust anyone... Maybe I should leave here and there... I will not make new friends here and there... Maybe you all are right that I am worthless...

I don't think you are worthless.

Sosie - I think you are a great person and a sweetheart. You are so not worthless. :grouphug:

do you realise i am your new freind? I apologised last week and we exchanged wee bit about pets, please dont de-value yourself, you are worth more than you realise. some people just cant help but be cheap or just plain bad habits often its not do to they dislike you, rather they dislike themselves to do habits of pulling down others to their petty levels.

you already showed you have good expressions of your feelings, that your strong point, value it now, make it better, nothing stops you from getting better and better, its all in your mind. I have to battle out self-loathing too, and guess what? i am now enjoying life so more that the only thing i have to watch for it silly self-punishment for 'enjoying too much' its non-sense again its all in my head....theres a good saying, "happiness is a state of mind"

cheer up !

also , this is not a macilious gossip, it is merely talking. I just re-read you quote, they did nothing wrong to you, its nice to be talked about especially if its about harmless things, its not a back-stabbing 'she's does this, she's a flirt, she's a theft' kind of thing

obviously they came clean pretty quick, and merely involving you, i think you should learn to give people 'benefits of doubt' and dont get so paranoid. it is a NORMAL kind of talking, it doesnt sound like gossip mongers , ok it is different if you just broken up with a husband, and say they talked about why's like 'oh her husband cheat on her with 3 other women' fairly neutral to bad, depending, but it get bad when they talk like "oh he left her cuz she is a useless fuck or a slut, when none of it is true or talking about sex lives, it really much more private...

but from you were saying, i think you may be over reacting...

deaf community /church community are smaller and tend to be tighter, that is when it is tighter, they tend to TALK TALK, like almost no escape from rumours, or chit chats but they are expected...

what you choose want no talk and NO freinds, you can't have friends and expect people Not to talk about you, as they talk about each other!!, but there are 'lines' drawn when good gossip becomes bad, and they are such thing as a one or 2 bad apples (persons) who does get their kicks (enjoys) starting hurting rumours...

so just get this, not all rubbarb rubbarb talks is going to be actual rumours, just social talking.

wtf? take it to PM land

I have to agree with Grummer's comment about a friendship... No Communication then no friends. Period. It is really okay for friendly gossips as long as not a serious issues like Grummer's 2nd comment (#4742).

Some deafies do have a lot of misunderstand situations - to get the wrong pictures. I have seen one deaf woman covered her mouth talking to a deaf woman at the booth table. That was a real dumb.

In hearing world, I have seen some women talking about their breast cancer in public. This is a normal conversation because a cancer is a big issue everywhere in the world. I wish that deafies should be opened their mind to communicate as well. It is not quite privacy anymore. It is all part of learning, and we learn each other for communication. I thought that I let you know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back