What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

How often people misunderstands how governments function.

How often people misunderstand what they think they know.:giggle:

Wirelessly posted

Was reading my verb useage. :)

Hey, common errrors made by many. I wouldn't call it suckey usage.:wave: Maybe just a little careless. But this is an informal forum and it is 6:00AM.:giggle:

Wirelessly posted

I learned the weather is insane.

I learned a fax I sent last week never made it to the person it was intended. I spend $12 at Office Depot for them to send the fax. It was the only number I was given so I thought no problem. WRONG! They forgot to give hubby the direct fax number for human resources and now I get to fax it all over again. Ugh!!!

This time, I am moving the phone line from my home phone to the fax machine and sending it myself.

Hey, common errrors made by many. I wouldn't call it suckey usage.:wave: Maybe just a little careless. But this is an informal forum and it is 6:00AM.:giggle:

:lol:

You're talking to a chronic perfectionist.

It's a lifelong thing. Gotta pinch yourself from time to time to stop the tendency from going out of control. :laugh2:

Absolutely ridiculous!!!

I learned today to NEVER trust people to help, even your own family.

For a combined Christmas/Birthday gift my mom paid for some driving lessons at a local driving school for me. The lessons went well and I went for my first test on May 14th. I failed it, horribly.
So I get a second test for free. I go online to find out when I can get another appointment. The only available appointment was May 26 at 1pm. Two weeks after my first test. I book it and ask my mom if I can use her car for the test car. She said ok'd it. And my nephew said he'd drive me over.
Last night I said to my mom that I was excited about today and she looked at me blankly.....that was when I realized she had forgotten about my driving test. But she again said that she'd allow me to use her car.
10:30 am, day of the test. My nephew goes to my mom and says: "I don't think I am allowed to drive Aunt Juli to her test since I am under 21." My mom goes ballistic, thinking that he's trying to get out of taking me. They get into a rip roaring fight. And then my mom turns to me and says "This is all your fault. You didn't tell me until last night about your test! CANCEL IT, I AM NOT TAKING YOU!"
So now I am sitting at my computer, unimaginably upset, failing my test cause I have no way of getting to my test or a vehicle to use. And to top it all off, I will have to pay to take another test the next time.

For a combined Christmas/Birthday gift my mom paid for some driving lessons at a local driving school for me. The lessons went well and I went for my first test on May 14th. I failed it, horribly.
So I get a second test for free. I go online to find out when I can get another appointment. The only available appointment was May 26 at 1pm. Two weeks after my first test. I book it and ask my mom if I can use her car for the test car. She said ok'd it. And my nephew said he'd drive me over.
Last night I said to my mom that I was excited about today and she looked at me blankly.....that was when I realized she had forgotten about my driving test. But she again said that she'd allow me to use her car.
10:30 am, day of the test. My nephew goes to my mom and says: "I don't think I am allowed to drive Aunt Juli to her test since I am under 21." My mom goes ballistic, thinking that he's trying to get out of taking me. And then my mom turns to me and says "This is all your fault. You didn't tell me until last night about your test! CANCEL IT, I AM NOT TAKING YOU!"
So now I am sitting at my computer, unimaginably upset, failing my test cause I have no way of getting to my test or a vehicle to use. And to top it all off, I will have to pay to take another test the next time.

:hug: I know the feeling. I am SO sorry! :(

:hug: I know the feeling. I am SO sorry! :(

GODS it's such a pain in the ass! All I want to be is independent! I am 37 yrs old for goodness sakes, not 16! by the way things are going my son will have his license before me, and he will drive me to my test!
ARGHHHHHHH!

10:30 am, day of the test. My nephew goes to my mom and says: "I don't think I am allowed to drive Aunt Juli to her test since I am under 21." My mom goes ballistic, thinking that he's trying to get out of taking me. They get into a rip roaring fight. And then my mom turns to me and says "This is all your fault. You didn't tell me until last night about your test! CANCEL IT, I AM NOT TAKING YOU!"

Juli - your nephew is right. He cannot drive you to test if he is under 21. that goes for your son too

NYS DMV - Younger Driver - Graduated License Law - Road Test Requirements
Remember that if you drive to the road test site, the driver who supervises you must be age 21 or older and license to drive the vehicle that you operate.

Juli - your nephew is right. He cannot drive you to test if he is under 21. that goes for your son too

NYS DMV - Younger Driver - Graduated License Law - Road Test Requirements

I wasn't complaining about that. I am complaining about is how my mom just REFUSED TO TAKE ME. I, or my nephew did nothing wrong. And now I have to pay the price. it's unreasonably unfair. And I wasn't going to be driving to the sight, he was. there is nothing in that that say HE can't be the driver. Only that he can't allow ME to drive there.

I wasn't complaining about that. I am complaining about is how my mom just REFUSED TO TAKE ME. I, or my nephew did nothing wrong. And now I have to pay the price. it's unreasonably unfair.

ah yes. yea your mom was pretty meanie. :mad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back