What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go check out my new Birkenstock thread! :P

haha i love birkenstock too. I am jealous of anyone who have tons of them. I have one! I can afford them but pay all of $ on my kids first. lol

haha i love birkenstock too. I am jealous of anyone who have tons of them. I have one! I can afford them but pay all of $ on my kids first. lol

Lucky me my kids grew up! And have given me parts of my collections, for Mother's Day, birthday, etc. :lol:

I learned to stop BS'ing what you say you are going to do and just do it!!! I feel it works!!! Excellent topic, posts from hell

I learned that high school boys are dumb..because they called me and did a prank phone call to me (i guess)..wait until i put a fake snake in their backpack and scare themm

Wirelessly posted

Bottesini said:
souggy said:
Real mature.

:lol: Says the grumpy old man of twenty something.

Wonder what you were like at sixteen?

I am an advocate for people's rights to keep unconventional pets, always has advocated for that since Monty Krizan came to my hometown.

Unfortunate, people's fears of unusual animals such as pitbulls, snakes, ferrets, rats and a few others are what causing townships to outright ban them-- infringing on individuals' rights of expression for the sake of unrealistic expectation of "public safety."

She didn't do anything wrong, but it's one of indirect consequences,

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

I am an advocate for people's rights to keep unconventional pets, always has advocated for that since Monty Krizan came to my hometown.

Unfortunate, people's fears of unusual animals such as pitbulls, snakes, ferrets, rats and a few others are what causing townships to outright ban them-- infringing on individuals' rights of expression for the sake of unrealistic expectation of "public safety."

I am fond of those pets too, as you know.

I don't think a kid playing a joke with a toy snake will have much effect on city policy.

Wirelessly posted

And at sixteen, I was playing Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty in my parents' basement.

Oh, and Pokemon! I remember the good ol' days of playing GSbot on IRC.

Yeah, I didn't go out much til 3 years later.

As far as grumpy... :lol:

I learned that what I am thinking about is the thread about absolutly nothing.

i learn how to sign "Jabberwocky".. i will sign ASL "Jabberwocky" for ASL Idol on this saturday..

some of ASL teachers and experts told me that "Jabberwocky" signing is one of hardest and tough to replica it.

Wirelessly posted

NorCal20 said:
i learn how to sign "Jabberwocky".. i will sign ASL "Jabberwocky" for ASL Idol on this saturday..

some of ASL teachers and experts told me that "Jabberwocky" signing is one of hardest and tough to replica it.

How do you sign it?

I learned that I sleep does a body and mind good! I almost forgot that fact!

Wirelessly posted

And at sixteen, I was playing Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty in my parents' basement.

Oh, and Pokemon! I remember the good ol' days of playing GSbot on IRC.

Yeah, I didn't go out much til 3 years later.

As far as grumpy... :lol:

At 16, I was learning how to use a Radio Shack TRS-80 Model III computer and typing in programs from a PC Computing magazine and having the Dancing Demon on this ancient computer. I was having great fun with a friend and her braces. We could rig a wire up to her braces from our radio and her braces acted as an antenna. :giggle:

At 16, I was learning how to use a Radio Shack TRS-80 Model III computer and typing in programs from a PC Computing magazine and having the Dancing Demon on this ancient computer. I was having great fun with a friend and her braces. We could rig a wire up to her braces from our radio and her braces acted as an antenna. :giggle:

Didn't that hurt if there was an electric current?

didnt learn anything today..

I learned that the day went by too fast. We at home learned that MIL's phone has been out of order since Friday last week and it is now fixed.

Learned that I am still allergic to peanuts.

THey served crushed peanuts ontop of the rice at a Vietnamese restuarant. I didn't recognize it because it resembled many other things.

Only clicked about ten minutes after I left the place that Southeast Asian cuisines (Vietnamese, Malaysian, Thai, Burmese, Indonesian) tends to use crushed peanuts for seasonings and toppings. About 20 minutes after that, I got a really bad stomach ache. Ended up voiding my meal into a garbage can after I was window-shopping in a mall. Then right after, when I checked into the bathroom to clear my sinuses, I started itching as if I got a swarm of blackflies in middle of Wood Buffalo National Park. :(

So I checked into a clinic, but by that time, the itchiness disappeared. So they sent me home since I wasn't having any breathing problem.

So what I learned?

Peanut got a really boring, dull taste to it.

I prefer cashews. Sharp, rich flavour; and doesn't remind me of being bitten by hundreds of invisible flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back