What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learned that I am still allergic to peanuts.

THey served crushed peanuts ontop of the rice at a Vietnamese restuarant. I didn't recognize it because it resembled many other things.

Only clicked about ten minutes after I left the place that Southeast Asian cuisines (Vietnamese, Malaysian, Thai, Burmese, Indonesian) tends to use crushed peanuts for seasonings and toppings. About 20 minutes after that, I got a really bad stomach ache. Ended up voiding my meal into a garbage can after I was window-shopping in a mall. Then right after, when I checked into the bathroom to clear my sinuses, I started itching as if I got a swarm of blackflies in middle of Wood Buffalo National Park. :(

So I checked into a clinic, but by that time, the itchiness disappeared. So they sent me home since I wasn't having any breathing problem.

So what I learned?

Peanut got a really boring, dull taste to it.

I prefer cashews. Sharp, rich flavour; and doesn't remind me of being bitten by hundreds of invisible flies.

Interesting. I am allergic to cashews, but not peanuts. :lol:

Theoretically, peanuts could kill me since I went into anaphylactic shock when mom gave me a peanut butter cookie when I was young.

Also found out that peanut allergy symptoms can relapse anytime up to about six hours after the calming of the initial reaction, so that means anything can happen between... an hour ago and midnight.

HOW FUN!

Theoretically, peanuts could kill me since I went into anaphylactic shock when mom gave me a peanut butter cookie when I was young.

Also found out that peanut allergy symptoms can relapse anytime up to about six hours after the calming of the initial reaction, so that means anything can happen between... an hour ago and midnight.

HOW FUN!

Do you carry an Epi-pen or something just in case?

For some reason, I keep getting sick when I eat pine nuts but I have no other allergy to other nuts. Usually, when people get sick from pine nuts, they're allergic to other nuts. I have to use walnuts - not pine nuts - in my pesto sauces.

I learned to check the tags of beads that I buy. I bought garnet beads instead of black beads by mistake. Well I guess I can turn my beads into a mother's day present.

Wirelessly posted

quirkylibra said:

HOW FUN!

Do you carry an Epi-pen or something just in case?

Yep, but I always forget.

Usually my exes remember. +_+

I learned that if you are having to trade something to get sex from a girl (like giving gifts such as a dinner or flowers), in the girl's eyes (or woman) it is PROOF that you are not good enough in bed. Basically, gals dont like wussies, or arse kissers.

Wirelessly posted

I learned about my heritage :)

Learnt there might be a job opening for data entry. probably full time.. I did get email from my counsellor at a job seeking organization giving me a tip about that company that might be hiring.. so I fired off my resume and cover letter plus the reference letter from my other old boss at other data entry job... hope that will work in my favor...

Learnt there might be a job opening for data entry. probably full time.. I did get email from my counsellor at a job seeking organization giving me a tip about that company that might be hiring.. so I fired off my resume and cover letter plus the reference letter from my other old boss at other data entry job... hope that will work in my favor...

Cool! Good luck and I hope you will get it. :)

Wirelessly posted

Sharky99 said:

Sharky that's great news, will be praying for you!

Royale, I was researching where my grandma came from interesting food orange enchiladas lol she's from San Luis Potossi, Mexico

I learned that our Expedition and my car have tiny chips in the windshields due to construction work on our local roads. I knew the Explorer had a cracked windshield. We can get all 3 replaced for no charge. Our insurance will cover it. Have to double check with hubby as I've never heard of the company and they went walking door to door in the neighborhood. Not a good sign around here.

I learned that making out burns 26 calories a minute. Anyone want to make out?

Wirelessly posted

:lol:

That's 1,560 calories an hour!!!! :eek3:

Also, people will be much much more sedated and more relaxed after making out and less wars!

Your husband won't mind? :shock:

Did I say "make out with me"? Asking who wants to make out..meaning make out with their significant others or strangers.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back