What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for that - I am just really down today. Not sure why, got my refund, paid bills, got 2 DSi XL's, will be getting a new webcam and a new charging cord for my netbook, a new bed and new tires on a vehicle as well as finally getting the tag and title taken care of for our Expedition. The sun is shining, we have gorgeous breezes and there really isn't anything for me to be so "blah" about,unless it's the pain and all from this neuropathy. We are checking into a scooter and a walker for me as well.

I learned that my old classmate when we were small kiddos. She and I have exact same birthday. She is a grandma of two grandson while I don't have one yet. she has almost "adult" children while I have small children who do not reach to 10 yrs old yet! she is not even 40 yrs old yet! She's a grandma already. WOW!

I learned never to drink diet mtdew. I will stick to the regular :)

I've learned to say in that Southern tone...."I ain't got none"....to a "borrowing neighbor"....She'll just have to drink her tea w/out Sugar! Breakfast without eggs....fried chicken grilled, not fried (oil)...and go thru a "nicotine fit"...(no ciggys)...

oh really. i have never liked drinking diet soda. i like regular sodas that tastes even better!! just add lots of ice in it will do!

Cherry Coke Zero is pretty good its the only exception:lol:

I learned that I am fit enough to run 2 miles straight at a comfortable pace...next is 3 miles. My ultimate goal is 5 miles at ease. ;)

I learned that my brother had to kick his daughter out of the house. She lost her 2 jobs 8 months ago and was told that she could come back home to get back onto her feet, but she had to find a job within 6 months to be able to stay. During the last 8 months, she has not bothered to look for work and is constantly borrowing money from friends and other family members to get gas money to out partying weekly. Brother had enough and she is out of the house. She's 19 and was a sous chef for 2 different restaurants both owned by the same guy. She put in for a vacation, it was denied due to the busy season, but she went anyway and was gone for 3 weeks when she only asked for 2 weeks. Not good for her first job.

not much

I learned that it is next to impossible to associate with any deaf groups in my area. I learned that everyone has good days and bad days. That I am not a very interesting person.

I learned that my brother had to kick his daughter out of the house. She lost her 2 jobs 8 months ago and was told that she could come back home to get back onto her feet, but she had to find a job within 6 months to be able to stay. During the last 8 months, she has not bothered to look for work and is constantly borrowing money from friends and other family members to get gas money to out partying weekly. Brother had enough and she is out of the house. She's 19 and was a sous chef for 2 different restaurants both owned by the same guy. She put in for a vacation, it was denied due to the busy season, but she went anyway and was gone for 3 weeks when she only asked for 2 weeks. Not good for her first job.

That doesn't sound good.

That doesn't sound good.

He just wants her to learn to take responsibility for herself and not to keep accepting handouts. He said it would have been different if she had even tried, but she never tried and never helped out around the house. Even the guy that fired her had said he would take her back. He was originally trained by my brother 20 years ago and now he was the one training my niece. He will still take her back at both jobs, but she has to go in and talk with him. Brother gave her the message to contact him, but she never did.

Mary, what are your hobbies? Do you cook or bake? Garden? Read books? Sew or knit? Like to talk about your pets? Like colorful shoes and accessories? Whatever you like do, you can find someone her that does it, too. You might even be inspired to pick up a new hobby! The gardeners are making me jealous right now...

Mary, what are your hobbies? Do you cook or bake? Garden? Read books? Sew or knit? Like to talk about your pets? Like colorful shoes and accessories? Whatever you like do, you can find someone her that does it, too. You might even be inspired to pick up a new hobby! The gardeners are making me jealous right now...

That's better advice than mine.

If she likes Birkenstocks, I am certain to participate in a thread she starts. :wave:

Botti - you never fail to crack me up sometimes. A Birkenstock thread. Hah hah!!

He just wants her to learn to take responsibility for herself and not to keep accepting handouts. He said it would have been different if she had even tried, but she never tried and never helped out around the house. Even the guy that fired her had said he would take her back. He was originally trained by my brother 20 years ago and now he was the one training my niece. He will still take her back at both jobs, but she has to go in and talk with him. Brother gave her the message to contact him, but she never did.

I have to say your brother did the right thing. I hope this will give her a wake up call. She shouldn't have this sense of entitlement but......

Up to her to learn it the hard way or not.

In my view, she shouldn't be sneezing at the job she had considering how hard jobs can be to find in current ecomonic times.

i learned that this website existed :)

i also learned the sign for synagogue (and that my ASL professor is awesome and now automatically includes signs relating to Judaism just for me in class... maybe because she got tired of me asking all the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back