What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
better give your christmas tree a good shake!

If I had one, I would. My family, when I was growing up, always used a real tree. If I ever have a family of my own, I intend to keep that tradition.

Today, I learned that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I set an example for my daughter and her friend in judging people. I gave my last $20.00 to a lady in dire need and down on her luck. It felt good.

I've learned that my grandma (mom's side) has passed away this morning (Korea time). My mom just informed me that she died peacefully of old age. She was 92 years old. I had not seen her or any of my relatives for over 20 years but I do have a full of fondful memories of my time with her. She was like what everybody's grandmas are like - always pampering you, cheerful, and pinching your cheeks.

I just informed my cousin in California about it. She too had not seen her or any relatives for over 30 years. We talked for a while. I just found out that she has not spoken to her sister for years and couple years ago when my mom finally contacted my aunt, she was not even aware that grandma was still alive. We do indeed live a rather lonesome life here in America because all of our relatives from our sides are in Korea. now I have no grandparents left from both sides.

oh well.... life goes on..... I look forward to seeing my cousin next year because I have not met her 2 kids (1st cousin, once removed) yet...

Sorry to hear of your lost.

I knew about this years ago , but I never had any.

Some people haven't. The officer in that article said he'd never seen it in more than 20 years in law enforcement. Makes me wonder how many others haven't? In fact, there was another peyote arrest a couple of days ago south of Chicago.

Be more kind

Being kind to even those we do not like much is something i learned today. I was disliking this colleague but later i got to listen to how he struggled during his childhood which made me regret my disliking towards him. Everybody has thier own struggles so Im gonna be more kind to everyone.

------------------------------

https://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/help-an-aspiring-engineer-to-reach-new-heights

I agree. I see all the time "be kind to everyone for they are facing a battle you know nothing about" and I believe that's very true. Seeing that often on FB makes me think twice about things. Shouldn't need to have that reminder but at times I think we all need that reminder.

I learned that my next door neighbor tried to murder her husband by poisoning him. It was on the news. What the hell?????

Just talked with my neighbor whose wife tried to kill him. She is still in jail and could be facing 40 years in jail. She had been hanging out with the druggies in the hotel nearby and apparently she shared what they have in their house because someone broke into his house a few days ago and stole his generator. Now, my neighbor has lost it and he is carrying a knife and gun with him at all times.

That's not the shocker. This is...

He said he would wait for her and when she gets out of jail, he will take her back.

:shock:

My husband and I are fed up with the druggies stealing around here and causing problems so we are going to get ready to put our house on the market in a few years and move deeper in the neighborhood away from the busy highway near us. This is a GREAT neighborhood...we are just on the wrong street being near that damn hotel.

Just a shame.

Wow, what an awful situation with your neighbor. I think I would move away as soon as possible too! Good luck with that.

Just talked with my neighbor whose wife tried to kill him. She is still in jail and could be facing 40 years in jail. She had been hanging out with the druggies in the hotel nearby and apparently she shared what they have in their house because someone broke into his house a few days ago and stole his generator. Now, my neighbor has lost it and he is carrying a knife and gun with him at all times.

That's not the shocker. This is...

He said he would wait for her and when she gets out of jail, he will take her back.

:shock:

My husband and I are fed up with the druggies stealing around here and causing problems so we are going to get ready to put our house on the market in a few years and move deeper in the neighborhood away from the busy highway near us. This is a GREAT neighborhood...we are just on the wrong street being near that damn hotel.

Just a shame.

Shel, I hope you can find a nice place to settle in, and not have to worry about those people. That's not what that neighborhood needs, druggies hanging around, and giving people grief.

Shel, I hope you can find a nice place to settle in, and not have to worry about those people. That's not what that neighborhood needs, druggies hanging around, and giving people grief.

They don't bother us for the most part but we have had things stolen like bikes, lawn mowers, and cash from our cars. Overall, we really don't have problems but with my neighbor's situation, I am concerned that because his wife was hanging out with the druggies, she might have attracted them to his and possibly my house. If it wasn't for her, I would have been fine.

I really like this house and I love my neighbors which is why we would move into another house in the same neighborhood but just more deeper or more away from busy Route 2 which can been seen from my house. Route 2 goes straight to inner city Baltimore so I am not sure if it is a pathaway for the druggies from the city to come here. That hotel doesn't help either.

They don't bother us for the most part but we have had things stolen like bikes, lawn mowers, and cash from our cars. Overall, we really don't have problems but with my neighbor's situation, I am concerned that because his wife was hanging out with the druggies, she might have attracted them to his and possibly my house. If it wasn't for her, I would have been fine.

I really like this house and I love my neighbors which is why we would move into another house in the same neighborhood but just more deeper or more away from busy Route 2 which can been seen from my house. Route 2 goes straight to inner city Baltimore so I am not sure if it is a pathaway for the druggies from the city to come here. That hotel doesn't help either.

time to post up this sign -

sign.jpg

I understand that you like the neighborhood, and would like to stay, but given what happened a few weeks ago, I can also see why you might be a little uncomfortable. Is Route 2 a major highway? If so, druggies may or may not be using it, but given that major highways are notorious for drug busts, I wouldn't be surprised if they're avoiding it. And as for the hotel, can't the city legally do something about it? Like maybe force the place to close and demolish the building? That's kinda what happened to Cabari Green here-- forced to close because of dangerous criminal activity, and it got demolished.

I understand that you like the neighborhood, and would like to stay, but given what happened a few weeks ago, I can also see why you might be a little uncomfortable. Is Route 2 a major highway? If so, druggies may or may not be using it, but given that major highways are notorious for drug busts, I wouldn't be surprised if they're avoiding it. And as for the hotel, can't the city legally do something about it? Like maybe force the place to close and demolish the building? That's kinda what happened to Cabari Green here-- forced to close because of dangerous criminal activity, and it got demolished.

I asked my husband about starting a petition to demolish it and he said that he wasn't interested in it. That was last year but now with things could be changing, maybe he will be motivated to look into it.

I asked my husband about starting a petition to demolish it and he said that he wasn't interested in it. That was last year but now with things could be changing, maybe he will be motivated to look into it.

I hope that picks up steam before long. I'd like to see that neighborhood get a little nicer. Maybe put something pleasant there if that's able to happen?

I hope that picks up steam before long. I'd like to see that neighborhood get a little nicer. Maybe put something pleasant there if that's able to happen?

I would prefer nothing...it is at the end of the block right next to Route 2. It would be nice if it was demolished and a garden would be put in there. No stores, no restaurants or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back