What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the btdt abbreviation.

I am a dedicated dog rescuer, and I think much more of my dogs than to expose them to the hazards of being a guard dog.

A barking dog will deter without having to be a guard dog. If you're a rescuer and know about dogs then you should know that as well.
There are idiots everywhere someone could give your dog an Anti-Freeze cocktail just for fun.

A barking dog will deter without having to be a guard dog. If you're a rescuer and know about dogs then you should know that as well.
There are idiots everywhere someone could give your dog an Anti-Freeze cocktail just for fun.

Pretty much aware of if, as it happened to my daughter's cat when one of our neighbors didn't like him. It still affects her to this day as an adult.

As a rescuer, I have seen a lot of cruelty. I am pretty protective of my pets.

Pretty much aware of if, as it happened to my daughter's cat when one of our neighbors didn't like him. It still affects her to this day as an adult.

As a rescuer, I have seen a lot of cruelty. I am pretty protective of my pets.

Sorry about the cat but that still doesn't answer the question of a barking dog deterring a would be intruder.
I'm very protective of my pets as well but I'd sacrifice everyone of them for the safety of my wife and household.

Last edited:
Note to self: do not ever take a bad selfie-- it just may come back to bite you in the keisher. :shock:

I had a friend that recuse a German shepherd collie mix , the dog had the run of the house when the family went to bed . My friend woke up one day and went downstairs and found a window that been forced open and on the floor there was a piece a man pants leg with some blood on it. The dog did not bark he just laid still and waited for the fool to put a leg through the window and attack him . Nothing was missing from the house but I can't say the same for the man , he was missing part of his pants and some flesh.

I had a friend that recuse a German shepherd collie mix , the dog had the run of the house when the family went to bed . My friend woke up one day and went downstairs and found a window that been forced open and on the floor there was a piece a man pants leg with some blood on it. The dog did not bark he just laid still and waited for the fool to put a leg through the window and attack him . Nothing was missing from the house but I can't say the same for the man , he was missing part of his pants and some flesh.

I got four cactus behind curtain hope they work

Well they won't bark too much...lol

No, but they WILL hurt like #$@!

Reminds me of a time I owned a cactus, and my friends were caring for it, and my friend's wife moved it, unbeknownst to my male friend, and guess what happened? He got stuck in the behind, and I was :rofl: when he told me what happened. He said he thanked her very much for that.

I learned that in my state (SC) sheriffs can be arrested only by a coroner. Strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7SkrYF8lCU

You need this plant ! :laugh2: Or get some nettle plants , man they stings like hell ! I found out the hard way. I was told to not touch the plant with my bare hands and I didn't believe the woman . Crap ! I was sorry !
Or........ these:

141525934_50d2ba3bde_m.jpg

Now they'll keep thieves away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7SkrYF8lCU

You need this plant ! :laugh2: Or get some nettle plants , man they stings like hell ! I found out the hard way. I was told to not touch the plant with my bare hands and I didn't believe the woman . Crap ! I was sorry

!

OMG, I remember the time out walking in Scotland, and getting into the nettles. I can still feel the pain, serious pain. I had never been around nettles before, completely unaware of what they looked like. I learned quickly. :lol:

people can be mean about little animals,something wish not learn that today

I learned that the St. Louis Blues NHL team switched their AHL team to the Chicago Wolves. That's just totally awesome, because it means I can see them at AllState Arena before they head to the NHL. AllState isn't that far from here-- a few miles.

Jiro, sending my condolences to you about your grandmother .

I learner never give up always do your best and look on the bright side of your life and put the least things last. Don't look down on yourself instead walk with your head up high.

I re-learned that certain CTA bus drivers are jerks. No respecting and willing to let me hop on in 9 degree weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back