What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad. Do wish him well and hope that he realizes what the addiction does to himself and family. {{hugs}}

Not only him...but my two other hearing brothers are also struggling with their drug addictions as well. I cant imagine how my stepmother must feel. 2 of my dads kids with my mom (my deaf brother and I) are fine and 3 of his kids with her are all messed up. I don't get it.

Drug Addiction.....I've learned a lot in 25 years myself....Family members, several of them, even my Niece committed suicide last month, and called her Mom right before she died....My sister is devastated....she tried so hard to help and now having 4 grandkids to raise and she isn't in good health either....

Sorry to hear that, I've had 2 friends that committed suicide and what makes it even worse is that they didn't even leave a note, just boom see ya.

You might want to see a medium/psychic to get some answers.

Drug Addiction.....I've learned a lot in 25 years myself....Family members, several of them, even my Niece committed suicide last month, and called her Mom right before she died....My sister is devastated....she tried so hard to help and now having 4 grandkids to raise and she isn't in good health either....

Just what do we blame drug addiction on?...peer pressure....weakness...unable to face reality...not giving a damn....mental illness....low self-esteem....????

Drugs can and will ruin family lives.....But, I also learned for myself...that I had suffered enough....did all I could to help and support them....to no avail. We all have choices in Life....I made mine, and distanced myself from it....and my own mental health is much, much better!.....Tough Love is the only way to go when a drug addict will not listen.

Sorry about ur brother, Shel....dunno how long he has been addicted....There will always be a deep sadness within yourself, not being able to get through to him....If he has been in and out of Rehab many, many times....to no avail....then that is his choice.

Just a long long long long ugly history starting when all 3 of them were kids. Just feel bad for my dad and stepmom, that's all.

Right...their choice. Thank god I never started using drugs. It is not a life.

Was watching cops on TV and saw a high speed chase with a motorcycle. Thought to myself, this idiot is on a bike running at speeds over 100 MPH WITH NO HELMET. Thought, what an idiot. So I got curious and looked up that an astonishing 26% of bikers do not wear helmets! :eek3: Just was blown away about such a high percentage when it lessens your chance of death by 73%! So I learned that today... The guy in the high speed chase wrecked and was killed sadly, but man.... come on!

Was watching cops on TV and saw a high speed chase with a motorcycle. Thought to myself, this idiot is on a bike running at speeds over 100 MPH WITH NO HELMET. Thought, what an idiot. So I got curious and looked up that an astonishing 26% of bikers do not wear helmets! :eek3: Just was blown away about such a high percentage when it lessens your chance of death by 73%! So I learned that today... The guy in the high speed chase wrecked and was killed sadly, but man.... come on!

wow, i learn this too, just from you in here...

I know helmets don't exactly "look cool" and everything but seriously.... I have cool stickers on mine. :D

Panthers beat the patriots .... 6 wins in a row ... nuff said ... :cool2:

I know helmets don't exactly "look cool" and everything but seriously.... I have cool stickers on mine. :D

You know what ... when I was in Arkansas I learned you don't have to wear a helmet on a bike (but there is restrictions: bike permit or under age passenger etc) but it's illegal to text while driving ...

You know what ... when I was in Arkansas I learned you don't have to wear a helmet on a bike (but there is restrictions: bike permit or under age passenger etc) but it's illegal to text while driving ...

I once pulled up next to some douche texting on his motorcycle. I just thought to myself.... WTF? HOW? I've got one hand poised on my clutch, the other controlling my throttle.... you can't exactly steer with your damn knee like in a car! WTF? I was almost more amazed he was doing it than scared... ( I was scared and did NOT share his lane! ) but the amazement overtook me.... seriously.... just... wow.... On his little crotch rocket.... :laugh2:

Here in Florida, you do NOT have to wear a helmet if you have motorcycle insurance and the bike is insured. If you wear a helmet you do not have to carry insurance on your motorcycle. Scary thought isn't it? Most bikes here not having insurance.... They need to treat motorcycle insurance like they do car insurance here in Florida. If you lapse or miss coverage, they suspend your license!

I once pulled up next to some douche texting on his motorcycle. I just thought to myself.... WTF? HOW? I've got one hand poised on my clutch, the other controlling my throttle.... you can't exactly steer with your damn knee like in a car! WTF? I was almost more amazed he was doing it than scared... ( I was scared and did NOT share his lane! ) but the amazement overtook me.... seriously.... just... wow.... On his little crotch rocket.... :laugh2:

Here in Florida, you do NOT have to wear a helmet if you have motorcycle insurance and the bike is insured. If you wear a helmet you do not have to carry insurance on your motorcycle. Scary thought isn't it? Most bikes here not having insurance.... They need to treat motorcycle insurance like they do car insurance here in Florida. If you lapse or miss coverage, they suspend your license!
put your gear in neutral and you can text. that's what I do while waiting at red light. I use RAM X-Grip on my bike

not my bike but found it from google image search.
phpNn52dM.jpg

I do not text with both hands on bike. X-Grip holds my phone and my left hand does the texting. my right hand is on throttle in case I have to make an emergency maneuver. I only text if it's absolutely necessary.

I can understand at a light, NO.... this guy was riding.... actively riding... and texting. He had the phone in one hand ( clutch hand ) while accelerating with his right and when he needed to shift SOMEHOW by magical powers within, he was able to engage his clutch.... I was so taken back... I don't even think I'd try that!

I can understand at a light, NO.... this guy was riding.... actively riding... and texting. He had the phone in one hand ( clutch hand ) while accelerating with his right and when he needed to shift SOMEHOW by magical powers within, he was able to engage his clutch.... I was so taken back... I don't even think I'd try that!

oh... my... that's just asking for an accident....

you can actually downshift/upshift without using clutch but have to let go of throttle first. it's not advisable but doable.

oh... my... that's just asking for an accident....

you can actually downshift/upshift without using clutch but have to let go of throttle first. it's not advisable but doable.

Yeah, I wouldn't do it.... My poor tranny would cry. :D So would I.... :laugh2:

Yeah, I wouldn't do it.... My poor tranny would cry. :D So would I.... :laugh2:

I've done it ... not meaning to though .... but wasn't my bike LOL it's a wet clutch so like jiro said its possible but not recommended ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3XsZaL-zo&noredirect=1]Laid back....Texting While Riding Motorcycle in India - YouTube[/ame]

I learned that I got hired at Spencer's....i dont recall even going to an interview...but wesome i have a job whenever im out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back