What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW didn't know you were counting my posts about my insomnia/tinnitus. Since we seldom get big storms here, yes I miss hearing the thunder.

I have no idea what the actual count is — just that it seems frequent.

I have no idea what the actual count is — just that it seems frequent.

Count your blessings if you get a good night sleep. Tinnitus is brutal and since I post my comments about this in the threads "tinnitus" or "how are you feeling" I am just expressing what I feel.

If it bothers you so much you can always put me on "ignore".

Count your blessings if you get a good night sleep. Tinnitus is brutal and since I post my comments about this in the threads "tinnitus" or "how are you feeling" I am just expressing what I feel.

If it bothers you so much you can always put me on "ignore".

I have it too virtually constantly. But, thankfully mine is at minimal volume by far most of the time anymore.

You reporting it does not bother me at all. I am just aware of it.

I learned about "Nightshade vegetables" and found that they do not affect me adversely like they do some people.

I lerned that people here think its the end of the world because its raining.

I learned that Roll cages for racing cars are mostly mild steel instead of Chrome molly because of less bouncing and more absorbing the rumble to protect the driver (and navigator in rallies)...Chro-mo ones bounce twice as far and hardly absorb anything makes it too dangerous

but...for motorcycles frames, (say a Ducati, I'd insist on a Chro-mo, not some shitty aluminum alloy, because in a crash off course the bikes' gonna roll, or slideand bang in places...id rather lose forks or wheels than a frame and the motor...

I notice football :D Sask won Grey Cup to Hamilton is lost. whoot Sask whoot whoa. sask first times!

Wirelessly posted

I learned bulldogs like skateboards

I learned that Roll cages for racing cars are mostly mild steel instead of Chrome molly because of less bouncing and more absorbing the rumble to protect the driver (and navigator in rallies)...Chro-mo ones bounce twice as far and hardly absorb anything makes it too dangerous

but...for motorcycles frames, (say a Ducati, I'd insist on a Chro-mo, not some shitty aluminum alloy, because in a crash off course the bikes' gonna roll, or slideand bang in places...id rather lose forks or wheels than a frame and the motor...

I would not want to lose anything! :shock: :laugh2:

Falling off the back of my friends bike a few days ago ( She hit gravel / dirt while leaning into a turn ) That was enough for me to never want to do it again! We weren't even going that fast... man did it still leave quite the bruise on my butt! :laugh2:

I suppose I can say, I learned I do not bounce when I hit the ground on my butt. :laugh2:

I learned that it is not a good idea for me to eat most of the Thanksgiving food I made.Really messed up my system and I ended up throwing most of my plate away. 2 bites of turkey, 2 bites of cornbread stuffing and that was it before I went downhill.

I have to wait 3 weeks for the result of a reassessment as I made a request to get it remarked by other than that ignorant lecturer and I'm granted it...fingers crossed!!

Wirelessly posted

Learned a dictionary makes a good stocking stuffer bec I know a few people who can benefit from one lol

few? there are predictions of an illiteracy epidemic imminent!

Wirelessly posted

Grummer said:
few? there are predictions of an illiteracy epidemic imminent!

I am in agreement! I have read some comments and someone types I noe , the person is hearing! People in general can't spell.

i learned i made a good move get this particular Rose^ wine, last week and it already ran out , sold out in this country, damn ,y hunch was telling me to grab it! glad i listened to my gut...

I learned I can fit into a size 10 jeans...if they're relaxed fit jeans. To bad K-Mart wouldn't accept the Sears coupon I had. :( I'll forgo getting new pants/jeans until I get the birthday $ my sister will eventually send me (later this week as she's also going to send a check for me to use to shop for one of my daughters so that there'll be more presents under the tree than I can provide). The other daughter will just get the "cash" from my sister.

I learned that my new dog has no food allergies and has passed all assessments to be my service dog. I will be getting her next week. She is a 9 month old purebred German Shepherd Dog.

My mom had been thinking of my hubby and I NOT having our regular Christmas Eve dinner. Ahhhhh I was ao relieved.....BUT they changed their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back