What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a library book sale on Saturday, hopefully I get to go! always fun to buy books for CHEAP.

I did take my hard drive out and back in, nope nada still "operating system not found". will wait to see what computer shop says.

yeah I'm iffy about Windows 8, so have been hesitate on getting a new laptop. Have been happy enough with 7.
Betting it is the hard drive- that is the same message I got on my desktop two years ago- the computer itself was barely a year old I think at the time. Ended up switching out to a smaller HD and it's been fine since.

Hope it works out for you.

when I had the hard drive replaced in June, it was basically an "upgrade", 1TB drive instead of... I think it was 500gb previously (they only had 1TB drives in the shop). I dropped off my external hard drive in hopes they can back my files to it, and hopefully by tomorrow I'll hear from them on what the issue is.

when I had the hard drive replaced in June, it was basically an "upgrade", 1TB drive instead of... I think it was 500gb previously (they only had 1TB drives in the shop). I dropped off my external hard drive in hopes they can back my files to it, and hopefully by tomorrow I'll hear from them on what the issue is.

I hope it's not corrupted, and is easily fixable.

Learned tonight (the hard, bumpy way)...that the city put speed humps on a street that I drive thru often (short cut)....

I learned that I am so glad I did not sign up for cable with Verizon and had a dish put up for my cable. While I was watching NCIS a news flash came on my TV telling people if they get CBS by using a dish they could lose CBS by Thursday night. And you have sign up for 2 years with Verizon for cable TV and have no way of getting out of the agreement . First is was Fox station and now it could be CBS channel 4 .

Learned tonight (the hard, bumpy way)...that the city put speed humps on a street that I drive thru often (short cut)....

They started here with those too. A "speed hump" that's actually a crosswalk. They put one in last year in front of the hospital and another a couple months ago they both have a sign smack dab in the center of the road that says "Caution speed hump" and on both sides too. The sign on the newest one has already been knocked down once a car can barely get by it on the left side (its a 2 lane one way street).

Learning this fitbit gadget is very addicting. It will send me a message saying "you need 526 more steps to meet your goal". Today was my best day yet, I walked 4.5 miles and had 60 minutes of exercise. My knees are letting me know though. Three weeks now and I have not given up. That is a friggin miracle for me. HAHA

Learning this fitbit gadget is very addicting. It will send me a message saying "you need 526 more steps to meet your goal". Today was my best day yet, I walked 4.5 miles and had 60 minutes of exercise. My knees are letting me know though. Three weeks now and I have not given up. That is a friggin miracle for me. HAHA

I have Fitbit and I never follow its exercise program. I only got it for vibrating alarm while I sleep. wish it has a snooze button.

There are a couple items I ordered for a friend off Amazon they used for bursitis in the shoulder and they said it helped. I'll go find those links and post maybe it would help with your knees.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AM414S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AM414S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DI7U88G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DI7U88G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Interesting.

Mine was the opposite- I originally had a 1TB drive (still have it) but had to swap it out for a 500GB one. The guy said more than likely a 1TB would never be completely used and I guess over time it does get corrupted because you are only using a tiny bit. I still have gobs to fill up on the 500GB one lol.

learn Amazon makes big cock ups..black Friday £30.000 worth of return items went to young man by mistake and Amazon say as goodwill he can keep lot

I hear you on the orange juice, just this year I had to give up the juice. I do add a little tiny bit to a glass of water, I really like oj.

I just bought a nuti bullet that could help tummy problems.you get all vitamins. much better than ordinary blender

they are cute..was thinking tarka after that famous otter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back