What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
more than likely it's a hard drive problem, which sucks because I just had it replaced in June. I did check out a laptop from the college library for 2 days so I can at least do some work on the computer final assignment. I have a desktop at home too, but it's OLD. I can do my papers on it though, not a problem, and check in with my online classes. I just need a newer computer that can handle Microsoft Office 2013, which my desktop will not be able to do. technology sucks sometimes lol

yep. I was gonna say it does sound like a hard drive problem. did you try wiggling with HDD connection? I had same issue and I tried taking it out and putting it back in.... it did the trick.

I learned that the college library offers laptops and ipads for check-out for students who need them. Score! My personal laptop is all screwy again (can't find the operating system O_o) so I checked out a laptop to use for a couple of days (2 days check out only). Let's see how much of the computer project I can get done in 2 days. Perfect timing for my laptop to be out of commission... with finals being next week. grrrrr.

yup. pretty much all colleges do offer rental for students/faculty members - video camera, camera, laptop, etc.

that's where a part of your hefty student fee goes to.

more than likely it's a hard drive problem, which sucks because I just had it replaced in June. I did check out a laptop from the college library for 2 days so I can at least do some work on the computer final assignment. I have a desktop at home too, but it's OLD. I can do my papers on it though, not a problem, and check in with my online classes. I just need a newer computer that can handle Microsoft Office 2013, which my desktop will not be able to do. technology sucks sometimes lol

I hear you. I was at Target earlier today looking at computer software and accessories, and they had Windows 8.1 going for $120 bucks, not for me. However, I do know of a place that does sell Windows 7 laptops, and I may stop by there early next year if I'm able to. Just need to be wise with my budget this winter.

I did take my hard drive out and back in, nope nada still "operating system not found". will wait to see what computer shop says.

yeah I'm iffy about Windows 8, so have been hesitate on getting a new laptop. Have been happy enough with 7.

I did take my hard drive out and back in, nope nada still "operating system not found". will wait to see what computer shop says.

yeah I'm iffy about Windows 8, so have been hesitate on getting a new laptop. Have been happy enough with 7.

I need it pretty soon-- my Windows XP on my HP laptop is acting up, and I may need to travel to Niles, IL to the Walmart there to see if they have it. Only problem is, it's gonna take a lot of bundling up, AND it'll take the Red Line to Howard and the westbound #290 bus to Touhy/Central. That's gonna take a while to finish, so best to wait for a warmer day.

I learned that I am perfectly capable of replacing my own bicycle tube. No more paying the professionals to do it for me, as I finally brought my own bicycle tire thingy you use to get the inner tube out. I also learned that it's not so hard to do it, either. This makes my week, and it's Monday. I forsee a very good week.

Oh, and I also learned I need a really good degreaser for my hands, after messing with the bicycle chain, and getting my hands all oily (Not that I don't mind). Maybe go to the local bike shop nearby. :hmm:

I have learned how Stephen Hawking sees us... mind blown...

stephen-hawking-matrix-sandbox-352356.jpeg

That my 2nd attempt to do something outdoors may be thwarted by Mother Nature again.
Was going to go to a couple of places today, one being outside, but the threat of a wintry mix in addition to the rain ruined that. Was thinking about rescheduling for Monday but they're calling for rain then too. At least I haven't scheduled that day off yet. Still have 3 days to schedule off before the end of the year.

YIKES!! That pizza place has Jumbo chicken wings that's labeled "Suicide". Clearly these wings are extremely spicy. NO THANKS!!

I know what you mean, I don't do spicy food either!

I do, although I rarely eat any. I can eat the mild stuff, no problem, but those? Nope. I'd be jumping in the lake to cool off.

I know what you mean, I don't do spicy food either!

I totally love spicy food but I find the older I get the less my tummy tolerates it. I have a heartburn prescription. I can't really even drink orange juice anymore.

I learned that final Divorce Decree documents don't always work as they say and should... Back to my lawyer I go...Ugh!

I totally love spicy food but I find the older I get the less my tummy tolerates it. I have a heartburn prescription. I can't really even drink orange juice anymore.

I hear you on the orange juice, just this year I had to give up the juice. I do add a little tiny bit to a glass of water, I really like oj.

:aw:, sorry that's happening.

Thanks, hopefully it's an easy solution with the help of my lawyer. It's just frustrating when country clerk & title company try to argue about my right to sell property using my decree even though it's stated very clearly in the decree that I am solely responsible and able..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back