What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

Mine was the opposite- I originally had a 1TB drive (still have it) but had to swap it out for a 500GB one. The guy said more than likely a 1TB would never be completely used and I guess over time it does get corrupted because you are only using a tiny bit. I still have gobs to fill up on the 500GB one lol.

yeah I never even filled up the 500gb drive that was originally in my laptop, so I really didn't need a bigger drive. I have an external, and plan on getting a new external for video purposes... yeah. computers crash and all, so it makes sense to have stuff on another drive. of course, externals can crash at some point too. Mine's old, 6 years maybe? still going strong!

still waiting to hear back from computer shop... come on guys, lemme know what's going on!

I have filled up my external hard drive AND the hard drive on my desktop when I was copying videos from 8mm tapes to the desktop... saved them to external for video editing on the laptop. Desktop is still quite full actually, I should clean that off.

yep, definitely a hard drive failure. damn! no chances of backing up my files. grumble grumble. ah well, at least a new hard drive has been ordered and will be replaced under warranty, no charge.

damn what a bummer. They were able to save my files amazingly- my pics and such. As I understand it I can probably still access them on the 1TB drive too but I haven't attempted that- they were able to transfer them to the new drive. Only thing that got cocked up is that I don't have my MS Office programs on here yet. I had packed those CDs as it was the same weekend I was moving out of SC.

damn what a bummer. They were able to save my files amazingly- my pics and such. As I understand it I can probably still access them on the 1TB drive too but I haven't attempted that- they were able to transfer them to the new drive. Only thing that got cocked up is that I don't have my MS Office programs on here yet. I had packed those CDs as it was the same weekend I was moving out of SC.

yeah they said the hard drive just will not come up, can't be accessed. damn it. bye bye pictures. :(

yeah they said the hard drive just will not come up, can't be accessed. damn it. bye bye pictures. :(

Just had an idea! How many of the photos are ones that you shared with other people? Those that got them may be able to send you back a copy.

Learned the Accuweather app warnings are super loud on my cel phone. We have been getting flash flood advisory warnings all day long. Took my hubby 2hours to get home from work due to flooding on the freeway. Nice big storm with lot's of rain.

Learned the Accuweather app warnings are super loud on my cel phone. We have been getting flash flood advisory warnings all day long. Took my hubby 2hours to get home from work due to flooding on the freeway. Nice big storm with lot's of rain.

They've been showing effects of the storm on the news, looks horrendous in some areas.

I learned today that Shaw's removed the book drop they had for the public library about the month ago. It's so hard to find a parking spot down town this time of year .

I learned two things today-- I learned that my both of my bicycles have hydraulic brakes. The other thing I learned is that the bike store I filled my tire up at doesn't have them :| Just what I didn't need to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back