What did you learn today? Part II

I am jealous of your Australian wage system. A person has every opportunity to earn more over their lifetime. They also earn more at a younger age at times.

Wirelessly posted

Noticed that deaf guys have no manners at all. They pick their nose a whole lot more than hearies. And they're not ashamed of it. I know of one who thinks its ok to burp loudly and fart in public because he's deaf? Oh lord these people have no manners. Getting sick of watching my coworkers pick their nose. Such a turn off.

Wirelessly posted

Noticed that deaf guys have no manners at all. They pick their nose a whole lot more than hearies. And they're not ashamed of it. I know of one who thinks its ok to burp loudly and fart in public because he's deaf? Oh lord these people have no manners. Getting sick of watching my coworkers pick their nose. Such a turn off.

errr... that air (or gas) has to go some where... otherwise we would eventually explode. Think of it as a life saving technique. :D

Don't worry, there are a few deaf girls out there that are the same and would be a perfect companion for these guys! (of course I'm not talking about me I'm all prim and proper! - yes really! come on!!! :giggle:)

Wirelessly posted

Cheetah said:
Wirelessly posted

errr... that air (or gas) has to go some where... otherwise we would eventually explode. Think of it as a life saving technique. :D

Don't worry, there are a few deaf girls out there that are the same and would be a perfect companion for these guys! (of course I'm not talking about me I'm all prim and proper! - yes really! come on!!! :giggle:)

Lol. Thats what bathrooms are for!! And tissues are for boogers too! Deaf guys around here seem to seriously dig in and find treasures only to flick them away. So so gross. And they chew with their mouth open. Oh god. This is grossing me out!! I had to close my eyes to a coworker talking to me because I could see all the chewed bagel and cream cheese in his mouth. I couldn't stand it. He probably thought I was the rude one for closing my eyes on him while he was signing.

Wirelessly posted

disgusting beyond disbelief...

disgusting beyond disbelief...

yep

Wirelessly posted

Lol. Thats what bathrooms are for!! And tissues are for boogers too! Deaf guys around here seem to seriously dig in and find treasures only to flick them away. So so gross. And they chew with their mouth open. Oh god. This is grossing me out!! I had to close my eyes to a coworker talking to me because I could see all the chewed bagel and cream cheese in his mouth. I couldn't stand it. He probably thought I was the rude one for closing my eyes on him while he was signing.

He sounds like my brother when he was 10 years old. I would expect this from a pre-teen, not an adult. I had a college friend that kept doing this because he knew it annoyed me. He kept this up until one day he slobbered down the front of his shirt in front of his girlfriend. He never did that again. he he he.

Wirelessly posted

Yelled at my coworker to stop picking his nose.

Actually I asked nicely if he needs a tissue. Should get a clue.

Last edited:
Learned that my co-worker MAY have lung cancer. She was thought to have pneumonia but her symptoms are not clearing up and/or are getting worse. She's going for a ?CAT scan? today or tomorrow. Understandably she's worried especially since her sister died "quickly" after being diagnosed with lung cancer a few years ago. :(

Learned that my co-worker MAY have lung cancer. She was thought to have pneumonia but her symptoms are not clearing up and/or are getting worse. She's going for a ?CAT scan? today or tomorrow. Understandably she's worried especially since her sister died "quickly" after being diagnosed with lung cancer a few years ago. :(

That's not good. My high school algebra teacher passed away from lung cancer three years ago. He managed to hang on for a little over a year, until he got so weak he had to retire before the Christmas holiday break. He ended up passing away at the beginning of the following school year. He considered himself lucky to get to see his infant grand daughter just a few weeks before he passed, he knew he didn't have much time left. It was very rough going for him and his family. They honored him at his funeral by playing his favorite songs by Elvis Presley.

I learned I can no longer drink the way I used to drink... My migraine medication seem to increase the potency of alcohol. so, where I used to have 3 glasses of wine for a nice buzz, I now only need one glass... and if I drink a second glass????? I get really goofy (which can be loads of fun if you are not me) and an ass kicker of a hangover.

This reminds me of the time I decided to see how many shots of Jack Danials I can down in an hour. Unfortunately no one seems to remember what the number was so to this day I have no clue and loath to find out again.

Remember kids, getting totally trashed is WAY over rated.

sad to say that it has to do with aging. :lol:

Today I learned that some motorcycles have reversed gear shifting. I tried out a motorcycle that had the reversed gears and it didn't feel right.

That said... I'm surprised it took her this long.

btw, its jizz.

the lady who got pregnant with my friend's hubby named their baby Jizabella who was born yesterday.

many of my hearing coworkers were sooo shocked at the name and many of of who were deaf were like, "huh?...Why?" aaah...oops!

the lady who got pregnant with my friend's hubby named their baby Jizabella who was born yesterday.

many of my hearing coworkers were sooo shocked at the name and many of of who were deaf were like, "huh?...Why?" aaah...oops!

Wow, I'm sorry but that's just an awful name. :shock:

Back