What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so sometimes on my headache feeling!

:lol: He says he is flattered, but he thinks he is getting old and will stop soon.

Plus, in truth, I am terrified of Minnesota roads. The speed limit is terrifyingly fast, and the roads were not in great condition the last time I traveled there. Which admittedly was about 10 years ago.

Interstate 35 is 70 mph. I don't know about the road conditions south of the Twin Cities. Haven't traveled that way in quite some time. My home, friends and job are all just north of the Cities.

Well, if your hubby ever reconsiders, let me know. We're just going to do a black-iron chain-link fence. (Can you believe that my city actually dictates that is the only kind newer homes can use?! "Aesthetics" .. )

Interstate 35 is 70 mph. I don't know about the road conditions south of the Twin Cities. Haven't traveled that way in quite some time. My home, friends and job are all just north of the Cities.

Well, if your hubby ever reconsiders, let me know. We're just going to do a black-iron chain-link fence. (Can you believe that my city actually dictates that is the only kind newer homes can use?! "Aesthetics" .. )

That's sad. Our rules here make you use chain link unless it is a backyard, and front fencing can be no higher than three feet.

Funny how there are different rules. We have to use wood fencing, no chain link allowed. At the beach house it can't be higher than 4 feet (with some allowance for geography; our fence at the back is better than 5' and at the front 4', because the lot slopes a bit).

VA house, we cannot have any fencing further toward the front than the back corner of the house. The idea is to maintain an open look to the neighborhood, so all the front lots basically flow together. Some people have put in flower gardens or hedges on their property line, which looks nice.

I did something today. :lol: I took old ashes (not a lot) out of wood furnance(outside) to prepared for this winter. :)

Oh, I watched "catching hell". A documentary about Steve Bartman. Good film. :) Damn it, I want Nancy Grace to be eliminated from Dancing with Stars. Im'ma rooting for Hope Solo. Im in love. :lol:

I just cleaned out a bunch of old emails that I did not need to keep from my gmail account. Over 1500 of them. Put all the rest, 300, into folders to keep.

I congratulate you! I've been meaning to do that myself for ages, and just go "uugggh" and don't do much more than take a minor stab at it.

On the very shallow end of the doing-stuff pool here: I had my day of luxury at the hair salon/sap. Pedicure, leg waxing, hair cut. Ah, divine! My toes are now sporting OPI's "Romeo and Joliet," a perfect color for fall, sort of brownish-wine. And my hair cut is nice, a layered bob, basically. Whoever it was who was telling me to get an updated hair cut a couple months ago - you'd be proud!

Also, I've been inspired by "What Not to Wear," and I'm tossing clothes out of my closet. Anyone want a black t-shirt with a sequined picture of a lion on the front? For some bizarre reason, I bought this thing while on vacation years ago. It's time to go find a happier home for it, I do believe.

Checked the backyard for spiders-NONE. Even checked for snakes-NONE
Big question: is this because of my cat- Prof SKY?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Wirelessly posted

Still, morning here and starting my day

What I did today

It is still early here 11am. I am and have always been an early riser, love to watch the sun rise and set..smile..so far I did maintenance on my laptop, wow is it a lot better, faster. Also took my brother to an early Drs appt and he has another at 12 so just taking so time to myself now writing to you all.
I have physical therapy at 2 and I am making egg salad..so, that's my day so far. I meditate twice each day and did that forst thing. Hmm...I need to continue my rereading of Othello, and find a huge box of eyeglass cleaner sheets I bought??? It's a hugh box, can not remember what I did with them, oh well, darn brain. No crying so far today, but it's early, laughing.. Peace always, Midnight

Today we go to the hospice to spend time with my father in law.

went to the store for Cranberry Juice....3 bottles...kidney infection. So no coffee/tea for awhile. Othrwise, nothing much else. Gonna rest up as Court tomorrow for a relative, will be there all day.

Filmmaker

Hello,
I am a student Filmmaker currently working on my junior production. The main character is a deaf spy. I was hoping someone could help me out and give me some ideas of how a deaf person might use their heightened senses to help them navigate through an apartment in with they where trying to gather information from.

Hello,
I am a student Filmmaker currently working on my junior production. The main character is a deaf spy. I was hoping someone could help me out and give me some ideas of how a deaf person might use their heightened senses to help them navigate through an apartment in with they where trying to gather information from.

What senses need to be heightened to search an apartment? Anyone with training can become more aware of the things in an apartment and what their arrangement might mean. You don't need hearing to search an apartment. Maybe hearing might cause distraction if someone was standing next to you yapping the whole time. :roll: Perhaps the deaf spy notices a pen/flash drive on the table. Or notices a picture slightly crocked. or notices foot prints in the recently vacuumed room. or wait, I got one... super vibration sensing! Our Deaf hero takes his (or her) shoes off and senses the vibrations of the person that was recently in the room and follows their path around the apartment. :D

Sadly, I have never noticed that being (nearly) deaf has ever given me super-human abilities in the other senses. Although when my husband stands in front of the open refrigerator door, staring into the depths, saying "I can't find the mayonnaise!", amazingly, I am always able to find it. Maybe that counts? Any need for a super-sleuth mayonnaise-finder in your film?

Today after morning chores that were made harder by a night of terrible sleep, we went to two libraries, I had to speak with the security officer at the city library about a problem my daughter had. Came home, fixed lunch, then took MIL to drug store, and then to get her blood work done, then she wanted to go to Cracker Barrel, so we went. All I have left now, is to fix dinner and hope that the pain eases up so I can sleep tonight. Neighbor wants me to go with her tomorrow for something to do with the prison ministries she's involved with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back