What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am celebrating the birth of the first great-niece in the family!! Yay!!! She was born 5 hours ago, 8 lbs, mom and baby doing well. Now I'll be sending off a boat-load of baby things I've been crocheting for the last month.

I am celebrating the birth of the first great-niece in the family!! Yay!!! She was born 5 hours ago, 8 lbs, mom and baby doing well. Now I'll be sending off a boat-load of baby things I've been crocheting for the last month.

congrats beach Girl

Checked the backyard for spiders-NONE. Even checked for snakes-NONE
Big question: is this because of my cat- Prof SKY?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Then clearly I wrong. You quick check your yard, not see any spider, therefore no spider possibly exist GTA. :roll:

Thanks for the good wishes, friends. I'm thrilled - first of this generation among my nephews and nieces, and first girl in a long time! Some of the things I crocheted are definitely "girly," so I'm glad I guessed right!

I got 4 days of paid leave to attend my aunt's service/funeral...but no one has answered my emails about when and where. Guess I'm not invited.

Wirelessly posted

deafbajagal said:
I got 4 days of paid leave to attend my aunt's service/funeral...but no one has answered my emails about when and where. Guess I'm not invited.

Sorry to hear about you aunt. Someone needs to email you soon, hope they do.

I think that you should go to her funeral because they probably feel sad not thinking about something else. Just look up obituaries in the newspaper and your local newspaper website. You will find the information about the place and time. Some of them will appreciate it that you showed up there.

Travis: hope you get a bit sleep-now and then- from hard work 24 hours a day.
Have I misunderstood you?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I went and helped a friend and her friend with folding, stuffing and getting ready for the mail, 1500 newsletters for this Prison Ministry.

Just love the words:

The heart is a bloom
Shoots up through the stony ground
There's no room
No space to rent in this town

You're out of luck
And the reason that you had to care
The traffic is stuck
And you're not moving anywhere

You thought you'd found a friend
To take you out of this place
Someone you could lend a hand
In return for grace

It's a beautiful day
Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away

You're on the road
But you've got no destination
You're in the mud
In the maze of her imagination

You love this town
Even if that doesn't ring true
You've been all over
And it's been all over you

It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
It's a beautiful day

Touch me
Take me to that other place
Teach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case

See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out

It was a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
Beautiful day

Touch me
Take me to that other place
Reach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
What you don't have you don't need it now
Don't need it now
Was a beautiful day

Song: Beautiful Day -- U2 and/or Lee DeWyze (I love Lee's version better!)

I got the flu shot fer free at Walgreens. Thanks to medicare b/c I saved $31.99. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

EDIT: watchin' Yankees/Tigers right now. Very excitin' series.

Put in 3 extra hours with no pay at my teaching job today because I have no time during the day to plan good lessons.

Teachers have the summer off? Like one other ADer said...

"BS"

Laid in bed resting my back and legs. Can't walk today. Did a little better this evening. Watched a movie with kids. Was supposed to be Julie & Julia, but we watched Clash of the Titans instead.

Searched for the Halloween decorations...Still some missing but we'll find 'em! Hope to start decorating this weekend.

Put in 3 extra hours with no pay at my teaching job today because I have no time during the day to plan good lessons.

Teachers have the summer off? Like one other ADer said...

"BS"

This ADer would suggest you change jobs if your teaching hours are a problem. Seems simple to me. Just know it's not uncommon for degreed professionals to put in 60-80 weeks 50 weeks a year so choose wisely.

As for the day....I studied most of the day today. By the pool so it wasn't so bad.

I got the flu shot fer free at Walgreens. Thanks to medicare b/c I saved $31.99. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

EDIT: watchin' Yankees/Tigers right now. Very excitin' series.

Flu shot is worthless. The flu shot contains mercury, black invisible ink, and other one I don't remember. That's why it is free for everyone. You will get sick again in a few days after the shots. Believe me, the flu shot is a piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back