What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:

home sweet home from West Virginia. great time. my skiing experience went much better than I thought. Looking forward to ski again in Vermont and NJ (Oddball's thread). I wasn't looking forward to it in the first place cuz of snowboarding couple years ago. It was really painful and brutal for me. It pretty much killed my interest in snow sport.

now gotta research about skiing. I may want to buy used ski stuff.

I'm kinda feeling butthurt right now cuz my truck cost me about $200 in gas refills for whole roundtrip. feels bad, man.

Did ASL 2 homework and took the quiz online. 100% is a good way to start the semester.

Played video games, read a bunch of stuff online - mostly about Egypt.

The bread is literally "to die for". It is so light and fluffy and soft. I can't believe it! It was very easy to do and we actually ate one whole loaf both before and with dinner. Anyone who wants the recipe, let me know and I'll be glad to post it.

Wonderful! I'm glad it turned out good. I'd love to know the recipe. Please post it!

Wonderful! I'm glad it turned out good. I'd love to know the recipe. Please post it!

Okay - Like I said, this is from the KitchenAid 5 qt stand mixer recipe book.

Basic White Bread
makes 2 loaves

1/2 cup low-fat milk (I used rice milk)
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
3 Tablespoons margarine or butter (I used a soy butter from Earth Balance)
2 packages active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water (106F to 115F)
5-6 cups all-purpose flour (I used 7 cups)

Place milk, sugar, salt and margarine in small aaucepan. Heat over low heat until margarine melts and sugar dissolves. Cool to lukewarm.

Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixer bowl. Add lukewarm milk mixture and 4 1/2 cups flour. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix for about 1 minute.

Continuing on Speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix about 2 minutes, or until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. (dough did not clean sides of bowl with the rice milk) Knead on Speed 2 about 2 minutes longer, or until dough is smooth and elastic. Dough will be slightly sticky to the touch. (Dough was very sticky)

Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top (good luck with that). Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk. (I use the oven. I take a 9X13 pan half filled with water. Put in in the bottom rack of oven. Turn oven on to 400. When it reaches temperature, turn off oven. Place covered bowl on top rack covered with towel to rise.)

Punch dough down and divide in half. Shape each half into a loaf and place in greased bread pans. Cover. Let rise in a warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour or until doubled. (Oven should still be warm enough for this)

Bake at 400F for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.

Yield 32 servings (16 slices per loaf)
Per serving: about 96 calories, 3 grams protein, 18 grams carbs, 1 gram fat, 0 mg cholesterol and 148 mg sodium.

Hi, I haven't done too many interesting things today. But it has been a good one. A bit of work, a bit of houseworks, am alive and happy!

Went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned, completed my study abroad applications, and then I have a doctor's appt later today for a regular checkup. Productive!

Me too. It is actually hard to break that addiction, and now I added coffee! :hmm:

you figure out not good health your teeth cause acid your stomach! careful you stomach upset, I notice my feeling stomach too much pop not good health!

Me too. It is actually hard to break that addiction, and now I added coffee! :hmm:

You could always drink caffeine-free pop and decaf coffee ... I had to switch to that. Drink Sprite and decaf. Trying to give up the coffee altogether. It helps my white teeth NONE !! :lol:

You could always drink caffeine-free pop and decaf coffee ... I had to switch to that. Drink Sprite and decaf. Trying to give up the coffee altogether. It helps my white teeth NONE !! :lol:

I do drink caffeine-free pop after 5 pm and no coffee after that. But I think I would just sit like a slug all day if I did not have any in the morning.

As for the white teeth, with my toothbrush collection and addiction to brushing, I should have the whitest teeth in the nation. No such luck. It must be just bad genetics. :(

As for the white teeth, with my toothbrush collection and addiction to brushing, I should have the whitest teeth in the nation. No such luck. It must be just bad genetics.
Did you take a lot of antibiotics as a kid? My daughter had a lot of ear infections and took a lot of antibotics. Her teeth are yellowish because of that. :(

really you are serious 0_0?

Did you take a lot of antibiotics as a kid? My daughter had a lot of ear infections and took a lot of antibotics. Her teeth are yellowish because of that. :(

Yes. Huge amounts for ear infections. So I have an excuse now!! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back