What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, I hope your vision is still good. (I understand you have vision problems as is, but I hope it is not worse due to the bleeding) I take it your husband took you to the ER and was referred to the ophthalmologist? I hope your taking it easy, we've got an Iowa trip to plan sometime in the future!

I am taking it easy. The bleeding was minor and should clear with no further damage, althought today I see a bit less from my left eye.

My syndrome does not usually lead to total blindness, and I am just a bit of a whiner today.

It's because the right eye is blind so I get upset every time the left bleeds.

Your Iowa trip will go ok, I practice getting around my town by bus and walking when weather permits, so I am memorizing lots. :)

I am taking it easy. The bleeding was minor and should clear with no further damage, althought today I see a bit less from my left eye.

My syndrome does not usually lead to total blindness, and I am just a bit of a whiner today.

It's because the right eye is blind so I get upset every time the left bleeds.

Your Iowa trip will go ok, I practice getting around my town by bus and walking when weather permits, so I am memorizing lots. :)

So I will get to see Des Moines on foot? Awesome!

Or bus. Or in my daughter's van if she is free! There are many methods. :wave:

Yes, but I also have my truck we can use to get around as I have decided that when I go, I will drive. :wave: I'm sure Des Moines is vastly different from Musactine, ha!

Yes, but I also have my truck we can use to get around as I have decided that when I go, I will drive. :wave: I'm sure Des Moines is vastly different from Musactine, ha!

Yes it is, but we do have lots of water, so that is similar.

Yes it is, but we do have lots of water, so that is similar.

Ah yes I remember the creek flooding up after a small shower and everyone was going nuts. I'm like, meh? One thing I remember when I was there was that it rained nearly everyday and the highs were only in the 60-70s in July. I never thought I would ever wear a sweatshirt in July! I did that year when I was there.

Ah yes I remember the creek flooding up after a small shower and everyone was going nuts. I'm like, meh? One thing I remember when I was there was that it rained nearly everyday and the highs were only in the 60-70s in July. I never thought I would ever wear a sweatshirt in July! I did that year when I was there.

There was a snowstorm at least one time in June in Des Moines. :lol:

There was a snowstorm at least one time in June in Des Moines. :lol:

When was this? That's definitely some wild weather, however I have seen it snow in Gunnison, CO in July as well. :shock: All I had were shorts and t-shirts. I froze my butt off and I had to go to a souvenir shop to get a sweatshirt and to the local Walmart for a pair of pants.

When was this? That's definitely some wild weather, however I have seen it snow in Gunnison, CO in July as well. :shock: All I had were shorts and t-shirts. I froze my butt off and I had to go to a souvenir shop to get a sweatshirt and to the local Walmart for a pair of pants.

I can only find 1859, but my stepmother has spoken of it like she remembers. Maybe she is confused on the month. :hmm:

did nothing all day, except done dishes and put two 'rubbish' to the back shed, so house is very clean. its cold and wet today right in middle of summer so the cats , dog and me just lazed all day together in lounge while i was watching dvds and few short trips to the kitchen for snacks, great day actually im in mood for that quite do-nothing-all-day thingy its a good for the re-charging for the coming up week..will watch 2 more films...

Botts, hope you are feeling better!

Yesterday, I worked from 9 am to 3PM at my 2nd job, came home to get my son, and went to my friend's to chill with her and another friend all night. Came home around 1130PM. Was nice not to work so many hours on a weekend.

Botts, hope you are feeling better!

Yesterday, I worked from 9 am to 3PM at my 2nd job, came home to get my son, and went to my friend's to chill with her and another friend all night. Came home around 1130PM. Was nice not to work so many hours on a weekend.

Thanks Shel. Yes quite a bit better. The doctor seems to have been right and the blurriness is less today, so I feel like I have more time!

lol

Today we celebrated my grandmother's 79th birthday today complete with a birthday cake and gifts. We also got to see the newest great-grandchild of the family. A 4 month old girl. She's come from a tough situation (her father is my first cousin who is deep deep into drugs). The parents lost custody of the child based on a probation violation and a new charge of domestic assault as the mother of the child beat and robbed the grandmother of the cousin (on his side of the family). The child is now in the custody of my uncle (my mom's brother) and his wife. They will seek permanent custody of her at a later court date.

My uncle has cut off all ties to his son who is the father of the child as he continues to choose drugs and alcohol over his newborn daughter. Right now the mother of the child is in jail and my cousin is awaiting sentencing for prison. He was caught with meth about 3 months ago. He's looking at 10 years from what I hear.

I'm just glad the child was removed from the destructive home and was placed in the care of her grandfather (my uncle) who is heads over heels for her. We are having a baby shower for her next Sunday. I am looking forward to it.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

We went to a small "hill" and kids sled and had so much fun. We got an used entertainment center for free and it looks much better than the old one. It was pretty cold outside but warmer than yesterday.

I went out for lunch with my 9 deaf friends after mass today. We all had a great time! We all will do it again in the near future....

I found some gold and took down a red oak tree and split it into firewood.

I was a lazy bum today. Went out to lunch with my SO's parents. Did laundry. Going to Zumba later so I sleep fitfully (hopefully). Other than that , I was a total bum today :)

Somewhat lazy today. Read a little, breakfast for 4, grocery shopping a 4 stores, lunch out, came to the computer for a short time, made some tofu sour cream (haven't tried it yet), read some more, then fixed dinner for 5 and watched a movie. A bad VHS copy of Phantom of the Opera. A friend recorded it in 1991 from TV.

Woke up at 7:30. Wondered if I was in a bad dream. Nope. Went back to sleep. Dreamt of the times I shared a bed. Good memories. Phoebe wakes me up fully at 9:30. Watched some English Premier Soccer. So beautiful. I'd live there in a heartbeat. Drank some coffee while watching the game. Went back upstairs. Played some gran turismo 5 (racing game) until the Packer game started. hoooray!. went up to step-dads house with the bro, wife and phoebe in tow. Good family time. Saw the project 1969 El Camino car dad got as a christmas gift. Sick car. TONS of potential but needs serious work and cash to get it looking good. Engine is pretty solid. Transmission and interior need to be completely replaced. small details over time will make it a big winner. Thinking about work and the first class for ASL II. Also watching "flashback of a fool" starring Daniel Craig. Good movie...a bit of my background in there, I can relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back