What did you do today? Part II

Went to 2 libraries, then took MIL to doctor, bank and she treated me to a late lunch. then went to grocery store and now I am home.

Work then came home & mowed the front lawn. Now sitting on the deck & getting ready to read my eBook (from the library).

Resting up for Cochlear Implant exercise-tomorrow-Single Professionals and Sunday-Club Singles.

I got up early, job hunted, went out for lunch, job hunted, went out for dinner.

Had plans to go bike riding but smashed my head on the towel rack in the bathroom and headache kept me from doing much of anything. I need to quit being clutzy lol

I went to a retirement party for a professor with limited vision. I mention that because the majority of his career has been using his blindness as a starting point to discuss disability and ableism.

exhausted. extremely exhausted. my weekends are booked for the next few weeks :(

today - gonna be fixing my friend's bike and mine as well to prepare for tomorrow.
tomorrow - I'm a motorcycle marshal for Gran Fondo NYC 2012..... and it's at 4am :dizzy:
next weekend - I'll be at upstate NY for advanced motorcycle course
next next weekend - I'll be in Texas for business trip
next next next weekend - I'll be on another business conference in NYC
next next next next weekend - attending a party for my friend's newborn daughter
and some stuff in between here and there.

perhaps after all that... I should take a 4-day weekend to some solitary place or spa hotel in the west and just sleep it off all days long.

Drove South for grocery shopping. On my way home, my car's engine light came on and started blinking. Hubby told me to turn off the A/C and drive home (25 miles). Car seems okay now, but I still want him to check it out. He will tomorrow as it is raining. Other than that, I took MIL to the hairdresser.

Bought some new bedding for my bed at Beall's and the Cat just loves it....went shopping at the $ Store for a few things...Gave my son's room a good cleaning, even the dresser drawers...(unbelievable of the things they keep!)....gave my Doggie a "shave and a haircut"....will be giving her a bath later on this evening.

Haven't done much. Went to Whole Foods, then home. Can't walk well at all today.

We went to lunch, the gas station, and Target.
Bought potato chips for me, and puppy biscuits for the dogs.

We are all set for Sherlock Holmes on PBS tonight! :P

Took my 17 yr. old out, just driving around and visiting old friends we had not seen in a long time....Just spending some quality time with him...also went to Kmart and got him some insoles for his new shoes, a new mouse for his computer and a Pad....and some scissors...just ate a early dinner, so we've got all afternoon to relax.

Went to a bridal shower for a fellow widow (same age as me) then to riverfront for my walk then took the river taxi (which I've been wanting to do but it's never been there when I've been there). Now have the "fresh air sleepies".

just got home shortly while ago. completely and beyond exhausted. haven't slept in over 32 hours. I volunteered as motorcycle marshal for Gran Fondo New York | Gran Fondo New York brings Italian cycling to the world's greatest city. . rode for over 11 hours, 2-UP'ing with a medic to patrol a route from start line to finish line for any injured cyclists. we encountered a few bad ones like broken arm and MVA.

interestingly enough... that medic looks exactly like DeafCaroline :eek3:

It's not about what I did...it's about what I tried to do!...Our cat's Vet appt. was for 8:45...he was to be neutured/shots. I had bought a cardboard box crate for him from the Vet, as I didn't have a cat crate....

My son helped me get him into the box. He managed to get out...so we waited a little bit, and tried again. Got him in there, then duct-taped the top of the box...Seemed to be secure...Got him out to the car, fighting the box...got him into the back seat, started to leave and then he jumped out at me while driving...He had tore a hole in the box!

He was very panicky...tried to take him back into the house, he ran into some bushes....but we finally were able to get him and before we could unlock the door, he went ballistic and scratched my son up....but we got him into the house, finally...

Had to cancel the appt. But am gonna buy a metal crate before attempting to take him to the Vet again. Right now, he's asleep on my Bed.

It's not about what I did...it's about what I tried to do!...Our cat's Vet appt. was for 8:45...he was to be neutured/shots. I had bought a cardboard box crate for him from the Vet, as I didn't have a cat crate....

My son helped me get him into the box. He managed to get out...so we waited a little bit, and tried again. Got him in there, then duct-taped the top of the box...Seemed to be secure...Got him out to the car, fighting the box...got him into the back seat, started to leave and then he jumped out at me while driving...He had tore a hole in the box!

He was very panicky...tried to take him back into the house, he ran into some bushes....but we finally were able to get him and before we could unlock the door, he went ballistic and scratched my son up....but we got him into the house, finally...

Had to cancel the appt. But am gonna buy a metal crate before attempting to take him to the Vet again. Right now, he's asleep on my Bed.

Feel your pain (or your sons). :wave:

Cat was saying "You ain't going to get me snipped, lady". :giggle:

For years we were able to take our cats to the vet in the cardboard boxes, but a few years ago, my older cat managed to get out while I went to get something and then we had a big fight trying to get her into the other cardboard box. I didn't have help, either. I then put her into an 18 gal rubbermaid box and as I drove to the vet (which luckily is only about 10 mins away), I used my finger to hold the lid open just enough to give her air. After this, I went out and bought a pet carrier. I got one that allows you to load the cat from the top or from the side. I prefer putting them in from the top...and letting them out through the side. If I need to take them out, I use the top part.

I have sat around reading a book. Shampooed the mat that goes in my trunk over the spare tire. Basically, it's the floor of my trunk. Some milk leaked and got all over it, so I had to clean before it soured. Also changed out the litter box. Now, I am cleaned up, ready to take MIL to a doctor's appointment, then depending on what time we are out, it will be on to the weight loss meeting and dinner, or just dinner.

Wirelessly posted

Had my online time. :P Got some chores done. Showered. Did meditation & T'ai Chi Chih. Now finishing lunch & will review/practice ASL before class tonite. Waiting for a friend to come practice w/ my husband & I before class, as she needs a ride to class tonite.

Did bike around for a bit as I was off due to Victoria Day weekend Monday.. hehe but sore as heck.. will wait a few more days to do biking some more.. waiting to watch Game 4 of NY Rangers vs NJ Devils series to start in a few mins..

Back