What did you do today? Part II

I just love...love!...sweet potatoes....any ol' way....My boys won't eat 'em tho'...just made a notation to buy some when I go to the store tomorrow. Also gonna buy some mustard and turnip greens as I love them too. The boys are so darn finky about food.

The ones we had were pretty small, but I was surprised the cooked well on the grill.

They were foil wrapped, and we just opened them up and put some brown sugar on.

I think this will be a new summer favorite here.

Had a crappy night which boiled into a crappy start of day. So I revolted and all I have done is read 2 books.

Washing some of my daughters' old baby clothes (which my sister had used for some of her dolls) to give my daughter for her baby. No, not giving my grandson girly clothes. I had some unisex clothes for my girls.

Cooked a big, big dinner for my teenagers. Watching the weather and news....23,000 people were out of electriciity....we were lucky, tho', not in my area. More rain to come.

Wirelessly posted

rockin'robin said:
Cooked a big, big dinner for my teenagers. Watching the weather and news....23,000 people were out of electriciity....we were lucky, tho', not in my area. More rain to come.

Same here... Lots of rain and breezy. No power outage. Stayed indoors most of the day. Sat on the porch a lot. Enjoying the much needed rain.

Spoke with contractor and one of his workers. Made hubby's lunches for the week. Did another lesson on Lifeprint.com.

Wirelessly posted

Back to work after a long weekend. Did Zumba with my teacher and talked to mio amor :)

watched Hatfields & McCoys part two on History channel...good stuff..will watch part three, tonite! Those days were crazy.

Have been to 2 libraries, bank and WalMart. Also, passed out once and had a near passing out. Sitting in front of a fan currently, but I have to fix lunch.

BeachGirl - Congrats.
PFH - great job!!
Shel - Way to go!!
Sunboy - Thanks for taking care of Sunny!
TWA - Good Luck!!
BabyBlue - Good Luck!!

Not sure who I missed.

if you fixing luch for other people tell them take hike you not well need rest

Wirelessly posted

Did my online stuff. Went to the library for movies. Stopped @ the grocery store for supplies for shrimp salad for dinner w/ Fr. bread. Practiced with my ASL flash cards. Am now enjoying some Chardonnay wine as we make the salad and watch Forrest Gump. :D

It is pretty good news I am happy my sister good happy access positive enjoy!

Finally got up the nerve to go to the deaf coffee tonight. There were only 5 people there and they were all deaf. But the guy leading the class is deaf and teaches 1st graders at a deaf school. He aslo knows, I believe his name is "Bill" from LifePrint.com He lives close by but in Sacramento. That was interesting to know since I use Lifeprint like KristinaB. Anyway the guy at the coffee social wants to teach my hubby and me for free. His teaching day stops on June 11th. I feel so incredibly lucky to learn my much needed language. I am tired of feeling lost and out of place all the time.

Very little except laundry and cooking. Too scared to go walking after a big dog followed me last night.

Really dog big follow on to you, you lucky on last night, you safe! don't be panic!

I am lucky, and safe.

But I can't help the panic. I love dogs, but I am very afraid of big dogs that I don't know.

I am lucky, and safe.

But I can't help the panic. I love dogs, but I am very afraid of big dogs that I don't know.

Wow, whoa, that is easy scared, it is careful aim on watch, it is happened on reason! you careful early on , Don't be late night not safe, better early advise before bit night light to sun look likes night hard exactly at time! I hope be you easy scared night! how do you scared easy panic attack! not funny!

Just got back from Cochlear Implant exercise-Latin American tonight at Club Singles. Rest tomorrow.

Visited my oldest girl at her brand-new house, which is exciting for them. They had two kids in a 700 square foot efficiency apartment. She couldn't wash dishes without waking babies up from naps.

Drove my deaf friend to her niece's graduation party.

Met with a new HOH young friend- she's my daughters' ages, a college student, used hearing aids and interpreters to get through school. She gave me a boost of confidence about my signing, and my comprehension, so that was nice. We'll just say that some of the comprehension problems haven't been just on my side, which I kind of suspected, but had nobody to bounce that theory off of.

Back