What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Now I lost track of where and what I was doing....thank you @Muse

Lol, the Grammar Nazi effect :P ... so sorry I missed you for inbox chatting afterwards ... I went to bed!

No. Plan to, though. I am Swedish, Norweigan, and Danish. I've been doing a lot of ancestry research. I got a little stuck when trying to read some of the family records from late 1700s an early 1800 before they immigrated to the US because those are all written in Swedish. So I've been trying to learn the language.

Awesome, written Swedish I can understand some in the context, since it looks simular to Dutch for some parts. Spoken I don't understand a word. Good thing most of them speak English too

Not much they can do, it's like fighting with monster Mother Nature that can't be stopped. What can they do? We can stop pollutions and effects that impact public health caused by coal fossil fuels and to name a few into clean/renewable energy in order to reduce global warming. Right now it's hurting us on a global scale and it isn't in good shape, one of the prime example causing sea level rise which washes away anything in its path.

Sorry if I was :ot:
You're OK , this thread is called 'What are thinking about ? ' you can talk about any topic as long as it not about politics and religion . More sand was brought in and one time it was the wrong grain of sand and didn't lock in with the sand on already on the beach and it was washed away within 2 storms. Another time the city tried to save money and brought sand that from a road job and the sand was contaminated with bit of tar etc from the road and the sand had to be removed ! Millions of dollars been wasted trying save houses that don't being right next to ocean . The only houses that belong there are sand castles, the most of the houses on the beach are worth a
millions dollars each and that bring in a lot of taxes for the city so the city is trying all kind of way to control Mother Nature .

Lol we went from you can talk about anything, to a lesson about sand. Entertainment reading at its finest.

It's awesome, relatively small, the old town centre is a must see as a tourist.
a boat trip to the islands also.

First time I was in Stockholm, was with an ex-colleague and we ended up getting a boat ride - speedboot ride from a Swedish guy and his parents, lol, crossing that water at high speed is however a tad more intresting then the slow tourist boat. So if you get the chance, take it :)

Other then that, good food, friendly people, feels like a really safe city to walk around in.

Alcohol is expensive though.

Thinking of No Doubt , the song , it's my life.

Back